Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer bosses need a complete overhaul, worst design I've seen for bosses in awhile

Kyrios0Zero

I was hoping that the new patch would bring some balance to these guys, but after just attempting to solo Kril I can say that DE has still not picked up the ball they dropped.

The instantly regenerating shields need to go. They can regenerate, but not so quickly that the first shot or two from each burst of my Burstron has to chew through a bit of shield. This mechanic does nothing but artificially increase the length of the battle by forcing the player to waste time, shields and ammo re-damaging the bosses each time he has to re-engage or even just loses sight of the boss for a second.

For Kril specifically, stun ice-bolt needs a tell several seconds before he fires it. Either a specific taunt and/or a large animation. Also, why does this boss excel at both ranged and melee combat? He has the best available weapons for both and infinite ammo for his Gorgon no less. Speaking of which, unless his shield regen and HP are nerfed significantly, his battle needs to include an ammo drop mechanic like the Jackal has.

If the boss shouldn't be solo'ed than it should be because you need to use advanced tactics to take him down, not because his stats are jacked to hell and back. Beyond that, every bit of content should be soloable. This isn't an alert mission with massively increased difficulty, this is a normal stage.

If the Burston can't be used to kill the boss, one of these things needs to be reworked or removed from the game. I couldn't see any tell for it behind the cloud of numbers until he threw it, at which point it was already too late unless I wasn't aiming at him. Maybe with a weapon I didn't have to camp in front of him to use effectively there would be time to dodge.

If the boss shouldn't be solo'ed than it should be because you need to use advanced tactics to take him down, not because his stats are jacked to hell and back. Beyond that, every bit of content should be soloable. This isn't an alert mission with massively increased difficulty, this is a normal stage.

If the Burston can't be used to kill the boss, one of these things needs to be reworked or removed from the game. I couldn't see any tell for it behind the cloud of numbers until he threw it, at which point it was already too late unless I wasn't aiming at him. Maybe with a weapon I didn't have to camp in front of him to use effectively there would be time to dodge.

This isnt a normal mission is a boss mission and it requires advanced tactics to be able to complete it.

You should switch your mods around to give yourself an advantage against this type of an enemy.

Advanced tactics are not using a CC/shield and then unloading before hopping back behind something to reload and recharge shields. Rinse and repeat until the boss dies or you run out of ammo then die because Kril can't be beaten in melee and instant recharge shields mean a lot of abilities are useless agaisnt him.

It's lazy, bad design that uses broken mechanics to create artificial difficulty. There is no arguing this.

Grineer bosses are immune to most elemental damage. Put armour penetration mods in your weapon, grab a high DPS weapon like a hek or a gorgon and use a rhino with rhino skin to burn him down while taking zero damage. Always bring ammo packs because that level is enormous and frankly some of the rooms are death traps if you try to run through them.

Gusy, Zero is absolutley right. All this boss is is a huge damage dealing bullet sponge, even with a group of 4 well armed players he takes forever to drain.

It's lazy design.

There's no advanced tactics, in a group or solo, all you need to do is: find cover, poke your gun out, hold down the trigger until he gets too close, move, rinse, repeat.

This is not the direction the game should be headed.

Gusy, Zero is absolutley right. All this boss is is a huge damage dealing bullet sponge, even with a group of 4 well armed players he takes forever to drain.

It's lazy design.

There's no advanced tactics, in a group or solo, all you need to do is: find cover, poke your gun out, hold down the trigger until he gets too close, move, rinse, repeat.

The boss design isn't great, but OP is arguing he should be able to easily solo a boss, which I absolutely disagree with.

The boss design isn't great, but OP is arguing he should be able to easily solo a boss, which I absolutely disagree with.

There should only be two reasons why a boss can be soloed.

1. The player is skilled.

2. The player has OP gear.

Even with both of these the shield regen is insane. I guess you can just carry a bunch of ammo boxes, but soloing bosses is kinda pointless.

No he's not, he didn't say that once.

He said you should be able to solo the boss if you're skilled enough, make him actually intelligently difficult, not a bullet sponge.

Right now the boss IS easy, even solo, it just takes ages to whittle his health down bit by bit...

>player can't solo impossible boss with ridiculous shield recharge with arguably the S#&$tiest weapon in the game

>boss or gun "needs to go"

Tell me more.

It's lazy design.

Agreed 100%, all Grineer bosses are just S#&$ty bullet sponges. Then again so are Corpus bosses, just it's leg, head, leg, head, instead of hold M1 while aiming in their general direction (though that still works). All bosses really need an overhaul. The only one that's slightly less $&*&*#(%& is Jackal, and even that's stupid. Hyena's raelly stupid, Golem is really stupid, etc.

Edited by Volume