Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aura System Discussion 9.1.4 Thread Merger

Pandemoniuhm

This guy right here made a good point.

3EDBq.jpg

could somebody please justify the balance behind this?

Please notice:

- no forma

- no potato

- all but 1 maxed mod pertinent to his role

- with one more player with maxed energy syphon, he can sustain this indefinitely. 

- EDIT: oh yeah, AND HE'S RANK 0

Welp, that was a fun run...

http://puu.sh/3EEym - starting at wave 9 (I did bring this vaub in as lvl 0, but forgot to take a picture at wave 0, so oh well >.>)

http://puu.sh/3EFvU - wave 23 and the lvl 101 ancients

http://puu.sh/3EFIo - wave 25 we ran away

http://puu.sh/3EFIW - and got lots of exp :D

http://puu.sh/3EFJR - yeah...

Rank 0 Vauban... how is that balanced. 

Ugh, I hate this community so much. This is a great change, it adds more room for customization and actually gives you a bonus for being a helpful teammate and equipping an aura. So what you don't need to use as much forma on frames now, use it on your @(*()$ weapons you crybaby nerds.

Right back at you, "crybaby nerd"

Here's a solution, don't use extra points. Issue resolved.

Now go watch your random teammates die because this game got hard.

What is wrong with my solution by giving casual and new players extra points like still keeping points capped after forma use.

+18 capacity with all maxed mods equipped...

I want the 5 forma back... 

Stupid idea...

guess I no longer need to Forma frames

Totally agree, +14 mod capacity from Aura slot is the equivalent of 3 Forma in Warframe slots changing two 11s and one 9 into two 6s and a 5.

I honestly think DE just shot themselves with this change, the only question is where did they shoot themselves and is it fatal.

Excuse me for asking, but which entity exactly is forcing players to constantly equip all their highest level mods? Iirc, you can unequip mods easily in the arsenal page. I dont understand the logic behind the negative reception. So what if its much easier to min max frames? It is also easier for people to "challenge" themselves with the increased overall difficulty, or make their frames op, depending on personal taste. Is it not a win win situation?

It always comes down to other people obtaining power the easy way while the elitist did it the hard way. The only hard thing about Forma is buying it and using it. No one should need 7 polatites. That's insanity. And people do this for so many things. Enough. You just want to spend money don't you.

how rare do these drop? Are you buying yourself that win? Now everyone can build their frame to the best they can and Forma users do more.

Don't understand this urge to use Forma. Why do you feel the need to Forma everything.

It appears there's a Forma addiction going around and the Forma addicts are hating on those non addicts getting the opportunity to further improve their frames and playstyle. 

lay off the Forma, it's not good for you.

And don't forget, there is no trading so casuals would have to spend hundreds of hours to even catch up to you.

This is such a hypocritical post. You bash others for being "forma addicts" and feeling the need for forma everything, yet here you are defending the new aura system. Guess what? The aura system is the same as having your frame formad a few times. So YOU basically want the same thing, the extra mod points.

I am now fine with the aura system as it is now since I've seen that they've upped the difficulty in some areas and I think the new system is great for new and casual players and good for playing those frames that aren't formad, but I saw your post and just couldn't let go of your hypocrisy.

You feel cheated because you can save forma you were going to use on your frame and use it on something else now? So what? You don't have to grind kappa and kiste and you're feeling cheated because of that?

The fact is more that I feel cheated out of the opportunity to re-level the frames that I love more, as now a single forma is enough... After that the only reason to go back to that Frame is to play top tier games.

For instance I love playing Nova, I purchased her first day, and had her at 30 before the end of day 2, then I Forma'd her because the normal points were not enough. Currently she is at 27 again, but now with enough points to complete her build. I had intended to use another 2 forma on her, but now there is no reason to, so I have to go back to grinding out levels for completely new frames. 

It might just be my mindset, of where I am in this game with high level mods and such, but I really do feel that some of the challenge of making things good has gone, and that is what really saddens me.

Excuse me for asking, but which entity exactly is forcing players to constantly equip all their highest level mods? Iirc, you can unequip mods easily in the arsenal page. I dont understand the logic behind the negative reception. So what if its much easier to min max frames? It is also easier for people to "challenge" themselves with the increased overall difficulty, or make their frames op, depending on personal taste. Is it not a win win situation?

Min/maxing should be hard since we are only in beta, and unless some of the mechanics change dramatically, players will have min/max guides ready on release, and may even cause some elitism among players, if min/max players are ever grouped with non-min/maxers in pugs.

Edited by Orthusaku

Its a stupid change IMO, Removed the need to Forma any frame..

removes most of the customization options... you just shove everything you want on... because you have insane energy.

+14 energy... thats almost half a potato!

Another crying Forma addict. In the future when you have way more mods to use, you'll be crying about needing too much Forma.

More space = More customization which means having to use mods people don't normally use. No one would have to sacrifice anything to add Rush or Quick Rest or resistance or master thief or thief or enemy radar, etc. They cannot add all that at once but they now have room for one or two of these.

There are people who quit on their bad teammates. Why do you think their teammates are bad? Wrong mods? Not enough space for that right mod?

This is such a hypocritical post. You bash others for being "forma addicts" and feeling the need for forma everything, yet here you are defending the new aura system. Guess what? The aura system is the same as having your frame formad a few times. So YOU basically want the same thing, the extra mod points.

I am now fine with the aura system as it is now since I've seen that they've upped the difficulty in some areas and I think the new system is great for new and casual players and good for playing those frames that aren't formad, but I saw your post and just couldn't let go of your hypocrisy.

At Least I'm not sing Forma :)

+14 mod capacity is insane..

it almost removes the need for a Potato on alot of Frames.. let alone forma..

Have you seen the screenshot with somebody using pretty much all 12-14 mod cards...  just silly.

Edited by Tatersail

Since when is using forma a bad thing, though? You're using it in an argument as though people that forma their weapons are sub-class players. Drop the attitude, offer feedback in a neutral manner, if possible. Every post from you I've seen so far includes little jabs that are quite unnecessary.

Edited by Azure_Kyte

Another crying Forma addict. In the future when you have way more mods to use, you'll be crying about needing too much Forma.

More space = More customization which means having to use mods people don't normally use. No one would have to sacrifice anything to add Rush or Quick Rest or resistance or master thief or thief or enemy radar, etc. They cannot add all that at once but they now have room for one or two of these.

There are people who quit on their bad teammates. Why do you think their teammates are bad? Wrong mods? Not enough space for that right mod?

Best game design give players room and ability to use everything maxed out. Makes me wonder why we don't just start with everything. /s

Edited by Orthusaku

Min/maxing should be hard since we are only in beta, and unless some of the mechanics change dramatically, players will have min/max guides ready on release, and may even cause some elitism among players, if min/max players are ever grouped with non-min/maxers in pugs.

There is already elitist and it's fro the Forma addicts hating on this because many players can be as good as they are with less effort. And then there are those telling others what to do, etc.

Since when is using forma a bad thing, though? You're using it in an argument as though people that forma their weapons are sub-class players. Drop the attitude, offer feedback in a neutral manner, if possible. Every post from you I've seen so far includes little jabs that are quite unnecessary.

Since when is getting more points w/o Forma a bad thing?