The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aura System Discussion 9.1.4 Thread Merger

Pandemoniuhm

My motive was to go through and re-level my frames to make them even more powerful.  Now they've taken away any need for warframe progression.  It's not rocket science, people need something to aspire to, to get better and to progress their stuff, and now the game took that away and made it so easy that there's no point in playing.

Weapon were not altered, if you only play to level up characters than maybe an RPG would give you the fix you are looking for. Spend a few dozen forma make 5-8 weapons perfect that will keep you busy for a few weeks.

Or maybe it gave them an opportunity to explore more options. I don't like using forma just so a mod will fit better. If I have the extra space on a frame I'll slap a vitality on a V polarity. Why? Because the alternative is releveling a frame just so I can have that same mod, but with more points in it. This also lets me put the formas I've been stockpiling into the dojo and into research weapons.

There is a way to make this work. you just have to find a way starting with mastery rank.

Kinda sorta no.

If you want to get Master Rank involved then the best idea is to use Master Ranks as the "pool" Aura mods draw on for use. Currently 7 is max. If you had to be Mastery Rank 7 to equip a fully ranked Aura Mod this would be a far better solution the either way DE has done it so far.

Another crying Forma addict. In the future when you have way more mods to use, you'll be crying about needing too much Forma.

More space = More customization which means having to use mods people don't normally use. No one would have to sacrifice anything to add Rush or Quick Rest or resistance or master thief or thief or enemy radar, etc. They cannot add all that at once but they now have room for one or two of these.

There are people who quit on their bad teammates. Why do you think their teammates are bad? Wrong mods? Not enough space for that right mod?

well, not entirely. we still only have 10 slots for mods. having 14 more capacity cant increase my customization further.

Adding rush or quickrest will sacrifice a slot, its not the capacity that matters its the slot itself

Edited by Busok

still we only have 10 slots for mods. having 14 more capacity cant increase my customization further.

Adding rush or quickrest will sacrifice a slot, its not the capacity that matters its the slot itself

That depends on your imagination. You should try exploring other mods now.

I didn't read past the first few pages, but it's disappointing that most of this thread is just bashing the OP. It's a legitimate complaint. All these extra mod points eliminate a lot of the need to forma a frame.. Which I guess could be considered "good," if you think of things that way. With 60 points you actually had to stop and consider what mods you really needed and what type of polarity you wanted to forma onto your slots. 14 points (Essentially 7 extra levels for nothing) completely undermines the forma system by almost completely removing the need for it more than once or maybe twice.

A simple solution to this aura system problem would be to halve the power of all aura mods, and then double that power when slotted in a matching polarity. No harsh penalties, no freebie bonuses. It would be close to the original artifact system, but would encourage more diversity in the auras people would use. 

These are just my opinions. I understand that I must be an idiot for having these opinions and I should go die, but I'm writing them here anyway. Stupid me.

14 points won't drastically change that. people would just go from 7 Formas to 5 or from 5 to 3. 14 points helps, but it's not a game breaker. There are people who agree with you but want more points added w/o auras. You still need Forma, and the devs are going to make you use it one way or another. Yous till have weapons that need polarities. hope to it, son.

Edited by SirAuron

I personally don't like this change. It completely shortens the process of specializing and finetuning a frame. Before, I needed to forma my ember 4 times to get the build I wanted. Now, that build works with just one, possibly none if you keep a mod a level or 2 below max, if you've got a max rank aura on the correct polarity slot. There is nearly no reason to work on your favorite frame now, because you just end up with an influx of mod points

I didnt read through all this crap, but this is so stupid of a complaint. 

This is an entirely pve game.  Therefor, there is no competition.  Therefor, the game is as hard as you make it.  Therefor, getting more mods DOES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING FOR YOU.  If you dont want to use the extra mod space, THEN DONT USE THE EXTRA MOD SPACE.  You have absolutely no reason to use them if they somehow negatively effect your style of play (which they dont, so this whole argument is $&*&*#(%&.)

That depends on your imagination. You should try exploring other mods now.

I actually am.  but i forgot to tell you that i forma'd my banshee 7 times, so there. hahahaha

but i think what you mean is with this system in place, people can customize earlier than before. not actually customize more.

My motive was to go through and re-level my frames to make them even more powerful.  Now they've taken away any need for warframe progression.  It's not rocket science, people need something to aspire to, to get better and to progress their stuff, and now the game took that away and made it so easy that there's no point in playing.

If you simply want to constantly re-level yourself rather than play the game at max level then might I suggest Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 as the next game you play. There you can prestige 10 times giving yourself at least a few days to progress through the ranks. However even in those game you will come across people who never prestige because they don't enjoy the process of leveling themselves and instead enjoy having all the toys to play with.

Weapon were not altered, if you only play to level up characters than maybe an RPG would give you the fix you are looking for. Spend a few dozen forma make 5-8 weapons perfect that will keep you busy for a few weeks.

Otherwise I agree with LazyKnight maybe an RPG will give you the experience you are looking for. Maybe the Mass Effect series or Fallout if you require shooters. If you don't need a shooter Skyrim implemented a change that allows you to constantly reset you skills to continue leveling up eventually allowing you to unlock all skills.

I didnt read through all this crap, but this is so stupid of a complaint. 

This is an entirely pve game.  Therefor, there is no competition.  Therefor, the game is as hard as you make it.  Therefor, getting more mods DOES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING FOR YOU.  If you dont want to use the extra mod space, THEN DONT USE THE EXTRA MOD SPACE.  You have absolutely no reason to use them if they somehow negatively effect your style of play (which they dont, so this whole argument is $&*&*#(%&.)

I've never liked either of those rebuttals, honestly. Balance does matter in PvE, and if a feature is in-game, everyone will use it. Making the choice to not use it wouldn't last long, for anybody

Well, you can basically add one or two more mods. It's not that big a deal but it adds to your gameplay and makes things more fun and interesting. Ever had a neat idea and could not use it w/o Forma? Perhaps this idea could be adding more umph or fun.

You know this feeling, others do not. At Least let the high ranking Tenno have this system just like how they should have more free space.

How does it feel having more points?

I've never liked either of those rebuttals, honestly. Balance does matter in PvE, and if a feature is in-game, everyone will use it. Making the choice to not use it wouldn't last long, for anybody

Case in point Energy Siphon and Rifle Amp. Frosts on every non-infected defense mission.

Edited by Brasten

So let me get this straight.  You dont like the feature.  You dont have to use the feature.  And yet you say you will have to use the feature, because its there? 

PVE.  That is all.  Play it however you want.  If for some reason, having 14 extra mods has taken the fun out of it for you.  Then you have your solution, dont use the 14 extra mods.  Otherwise, this comes down to people wanting to be special. 

"Its not fair that people get to have more mods now and didnt work as hard as I want them too"  Why do you even care at all what other people have to do for their mods?  ITS A PVE GAME. 

I would only agree with you if this game had a legit PVP.  IT does not.  (dojo is a joke, not a legit PVP)

And besides, free Forma is free Forma. perhaps that's what this is really about. Although no one has yet to have brought up "Devs gotta eat" yet.

Because no one has to use that rather defensive argument. The case against handing out Mod Energy the way Auras currently do is strong enough without falling back on something so far outside of meta.

Edited by Brasten

So let me get this straight.  You dont like the feature.  You dont have to use the feature.  And yet you say you will have to use the feature, because its there? 

PVE.  That is all.  Play it however you want.  If for some reason, having 14 extra mods has taken the fun out of it for you.  Then you have your solution, dont use the 14 extra mods.  Otherwise, this comes down to people wanting to be special. 

"Its not fair that people get to have more mods now and didnt work as hard as I want them too"  Why do you even care at all what other people have to do for their mods?  ITS A PVE GAME. 

I would only agree with you if this game had a legit PVP.  IT does not.  (dojo is a joke, not a legit PVP)

However we do have leaderboards

There are those who flat out refuse to use fast travel is Fallout and Skyrim.

How is that at all relevant? Those are people abstaining from using a convenience feature in a single player game for Roleplaying and immersion reasons. The Devs of those games don't balance around that. Edited by Brasten

The whole "Don't use it if you don't like it" thing has been debated all over the internet. It's just... I really don't know how to explain it to a lot of people, they just don't get why it bothers me or anyone else. There is a huge difference between simply not having access to something and choosing to not use something. Also, saying that balance doesn't matter in PvP is a rather... Ignorant claim.