The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aura System Discussion 9.1.4 Thread Merger

Pandemoniuhm

There's really only two possibilities here.

The first is that the design team, or mechanics implementation team or whatever, is wholly incompetent. As in the idea was poorly thought out, poorly tested, or poorly implemented.

The other is they want money.

Here we have a change that makes us all less versatile. It forces us, as others have mentioned, to not only forma once, but lose mod points that we may have otherwise used to be flexible with different group compositions and loadouts. That then forces leveling multiple warframes or using a forma.

Even assuming those this forces spending excessive amounts of time navigating menus and changing loadoats to optimize each session, or just running a universally useful Artifact (Energy/Amp).

So rather than be insulting and assume design incompetence, I can only assume the other and guess that this is a case of making progressively smaller carrots on a stick for endgame, forcing more time investments and hopefully increasing the chances of getting some market activity.

If we're going to have this change, what we desperately need before this Artifact change is a loadout change where we can have "Mod sets". Otherwise this change just makes more grind and busywork for all of us.

It blows my mind that Ember's aura isn't an energy polarity or that Rhino's aura isn't a defensive polarity. The only ones that sort of made sense I've found were Excalibur and Ash's V polarity due to Steel Charge being V polarity and their strong melee motif, and Trinity's defensive polarity given that she's a support frame.

The best thing to do would be to not give them a polarity, make the base cards roughly the same as the old ones if not a little weaker, and allow them to be upgraded to go beyond what they were at the cost of more points off a frame's energy. That way it allows for more upward expansion and fine-tuning without penalizing the player or making them feel like they're being punished for playing high-end, forma-specialized, finely tuned frames before 9.0 hit. I have most of the frames out there but Ember was always my favorite. I've had to give up Fireball and tune my defensive mods to rank 2 or 3 just to put back on energy siphon at the rate it was generating energy pre-9.0.

-Bea

using rejuv on trinity would waste your energy cuz now you have less to do

using the max hp one is nice fore your team but your healing them and making them invincable so thats redundent

not using energy scyphon is such a bad idea for trinity the extra energy keeps you recharged on a max flow and streamline build

that D polarity and her D polarity mod slots actualy hurt her so much it isnt even funny i only keep 1 D slot for stam regen

There's really only two possibilities here.

The first is that the design team, or mechanics implementation team or whatever, is wholly incompetent. As in the idea was poorly thought out, poorly tested, or poorly implemented.

Hello? We are testers here, remember.

So I LOVE the idea of upgrading artifacts and making them more powerful. I even agree with them costing warframe energy to equip more powerful versions. Two things I -do not- agree with are the base mod costing energy(You're effectively punishing us to have what we had before) and the aura slot coming pre-polarized. You're essentially telling people they HAVE to forma at least once if the pre-polarized slot for their aura doesn't match the one they want to use, or else take the heavy penalty of double mod cost. Allowing them to be polarized to increase the available mod energy on your warframe(since they now cost energy) is great, forcing people to polarize before they can use their warframe effectively is not.

Why would I ever want a V polarity on my volt, when the whole point of volt is to be a caster type frame that uses abilities more often and shoots less often. All the V polarity auras are amp damage. I don't think whomever put the details in for this new system thought much about what auras would be useful to certain frames.

Edit: Also, Artifact cards were really useful as something you could easily swap depending on mission type. Having them be mod cards and having a polarized slot severly limits their adaptive nature. Is this intended, or was it just not thought about?

Amen.

"Volt is a warframe for players who want an alternative to gunplay."

"Let's tailor his Aura Slot to......... RIFLE AMP!" (and Steel Charge.)

Yeah, nice.

Haha, I completely agree, giving the slot a specific polarity really limits the player as well as his or her previous build

I would suggest giving the aura slot it's own polarity like warframe abilities have? Or just removing the polarity and making them upradable

Edited by Tsiwt

The only thing I'm kinda angry about is the fact that the Aura's take away from our point/energy, before we had no cost.

It's alright that we do now, but I want a seperate energy pool instead of using my warframes points to put in a Aura that was absolutely free to use before the patch. I'm not saying it should be free, because we do have upgradable Auras now, I'm just saying its fking up my build.

I agree with what I lot of people are say please dump the polarity on the auras, the whole point I thought was to benefit the group, since some are mission specific it is stupid to not be able to equip based on need when we would have to forma every time we change.

No, it isn't. This is insane, we're just stretching the very limits of how far DE can over-buff us to the point of insanity. We're actually being rewarded for equpping already insanely powerful auras, by then ALSO being allowed to equip additional mods? I can't even fathom how DE thought this was a reasonable or even slightly considered change.

I hate this change. I prefer before the update.

Now you can build (mods) a new warframe very fast ...

This cause people to boost their auras and will bring a mix of boosts to pugs and friend groups alike.

I'm fine with being able to max out frames fast but I just hope they boost the difficulty of the game to compensate otherwise it would be boring if the game is too easy. I wasted a few forma on some frames but I'm fine with it if they up the overall difficulty.