Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa Ballistic Battery Rework

Sar.K.Asmus

At the moment Mesa's first ability (Ballistic Battery) is her only lackluster ability. Any other ability is great.
I thought about a rework to this ability that would still fit her theme (Gunslinger). I thought about a team buff which gives critical chance and critical damage (A team buff is always a good thing in coop games and almost everyone loves crits^^).

At max rank:

+40% critical chance (affected by Power Strength)

+40% critical damage(affected by Power Strength)

12 seconds(affected by Power Duration)

15 meter radius(affected by Power Range)

32 minutes ago, Mk_1 said:

The crit numbers are a bit high and the range number a bit low, but I see your point. 

Also, a very fashionable Glyph you have.

The crit numbers are not additive. And if you put all 4 power strength mods maxed in your build (Blind Rage, Transient Fortitude, Intensify, Power Drift) you would get +120% crit chance and + 120% crit dmg. That's not much if you compare these numbers (which you get for using 4 mods) to already existing mods like Point Strike (+ 150% crit chance), Vital Sense (+120% crit dmg), Pistol Gambit (+120% crit chance) etc.

31 minutes ago, Cazzzz said:

A bit much for a 1st ability, but I do agree that it is a very lacking ability for her kit.

Not all 1st abilities are bad (or have to be bad).

Examples for good 1st abilities:

• Hall of Mirrors (Mirage)
  • Landslide (Atlas)
  • Virulence (Nidus)
  • Spores (Saryn)
  • Quiver (Ivara)
  • Desiccation (Inaros)

I had a suggestion in the past that would make Ballistic Battery fit more into it's name (battery projectile, not as in power battery). It went a little like this:

• After charging to 100, Mesa's next shot from her weapon is considered "boosted" and applies its damage over an area (affected by power range)
  • The boosted shot can be aimed at a surface to apply the AoE at reduced damage
  • If the boosted shot is a headshot, the damage is multiplied further (affected by power strength)
  • If the boosted shot hits an enemy target and kills them, the charging buff is reapplied at half the energy cost.

This puts BB with a slight skill ceiling, while not being completely useless. You get a nice dedicated AoE that requires you to aim, but missing will not completely waste the abilit. The refresh allows you to chain BB, especially if you're using it during Peacemaker, which is what this combo should do. As for the augment, it will work pretty much the same except you have a good AoE status applier on your first along with it.

Edited by CrazyCortex

8 hours ago, The-Tective said:

Not all 1st abilities are bad (or have to be bad).

Examples for good 1st abilities:

• Hall of Mirrors (Mirage)
  • Landslide (Atlas)
  • Virulence (Nidus)
  • Spores (Saryn)
  • Quiver (Ivara)
  • Desiccation (Inaros)

Doesn't have to be bad, but coupled with her already incredibly powerful kit, she'd get overpowered fast (especially since her Ult crits already like a beast). Cx