Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia's anthem crash (spoilers ahead)

Zekyo

Question

So I've been trying hard to complete this quest for the past 2 hours but it doesn't seem to work for me. Every time i finish the Hunhow battle I encounter a crash within 10-15 seconds after the Simmeris starts to speak. After that, a "warframe has crashed" window appears and the application shuts itself down. When i log in back into the game, the quest stays uncomplete. This is really frustrating due to the fact that i even tried exact loadouts people have been using when they've finished the quest and yet to be succesfull with them. In the region chat I've met people with same problem as mine and they didn't have a way about it. is there any hotfix coming or should i perfrom something on the local level to fix it? (intel core i7, nvidia geforce 680m, windows 8.1 x64)

Edited by Zekyo

13 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, Momaw said:

Do you a crash reporter with a WAR number when Warframe dies?  

Yup. But I didn't save those numbers anywhere. So far managed to send 3 reports on the latest crashes

Edited by Zekyo

4 minutes ago, Zekyo said:

Yup. But I didn't save those numbers anywhere. So far managed to send 3 reports on the lastes crashes

The important thing is to write as much detail as possible about exactly what you were doing when the crash happened, in the text box. I think a lot of people ignore the text box.  The WAR number is a useful way to reference a specific crash condition, but the handler already makes a report to DE along with your description which is very useful for finding and fixing the problem.

Edited by Momaw

Just now, Momaw said:

The important thing is to write as much detail as possible about exactly what you were doing when the crash happened, in the text box. I think a lot of people ignore the text box.

Did not. I know how it is important so i wrote the steps that brought me to it. Though trying different scenarios of behavior(up to mimicing the path of the player who completed the quest) didn't bring any result, unfortunately

I have the same issue after 3 failed attempts.

I'm going to wait until tomorrow and hope that we have another hotfix by then. Nothing more we can do for now.

Great update anyways. Free of delay, amazing content. They will fix the bugs eventually.

4 hours ago, Zekyo said:

So I've been trying hard to complete this quest for the past 2 hours but it doesn't seem to work for me. Every time i finish the Hunhow battle I encounter a crash within 10-15 seconds after the Simmeris starts to speak. After that, a "warframe has crashed" window appears and the application shuts itself down. When i log in back into the game, the quest stays uncomplete. This is really frustrating due to the fact that i even tried exact loadouts people have been using when they've finished the quest and yet to be succesfull with them. In the region chat I've met people with same problem as mine and they didn't have a way about it. is there any hotfix coming or should i perfrom something on the local level to fix it? (intel core i7, nvidia geforce 680m, windows 8.1 x64)

Hey, i read a twit and i tryed what it said, when you finish the last puzzle just alt+tab and wait wait like 2 minutes and then open the game. I finished the quest like that (sorry for the horrible english)

1 hour ago, les120 said:

Hey, i read a twit and i tryed what it said, when you finish the last puzzle just alt+tab and wait wait like 2 minutes and then open the game. I finished the quest like that (sorry for the horrible english)

Was thinking about doing that but got too worn off from playing this mission over and over again. Thanks m8 for the heads up - can confirm that it works. Worked for me just now