Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why have there been so few Synthula alerts on PS4 during The Pacifism Defect event??

(PSN)Knightfyre

Since our event started on March 20th, we have had... <<drumroll please...>>

TWO.

That's it.  Just 2 Synthula alerts.  And the first didn't happen until 2 days into the event, on March 22nd.  We got our 2nd a couple days later.  And here we are now, on March 24th, 5 days into the event!

Compare that to when the event ran on PC, In the same time frame there were SEVEN Synthula alerts that took place between March 2nd and March 6th.

What gives?!  Where are our Synthula alerts???

Just now, (PS4)iBoiz said:

Have you farmed them? I couldn't get a single one after 6 rotation as and 15 spies

Haven't been on enough to. I just know that they are. So I guess they follow the god awful drop rate of the Nitain. That makes me sad. I guess I'll do something else next time I'm on.  

2 minutes ago, (PS4)jFresh215 said:

Well it is farmable... It's mostly RNG.

I've been farming for Synthula, running the low-level missions where Synthula can drop every day since the event started.  Specifically, I've been farming on Gaia (Earth), Apollodorus (Mercury), and Cambria (Earth), with the survival mission on Apollodorus being where I've done the most missions.  I've been efficient about it, too--I stay only for as long as there is a chance for Synthula to drop (i.e. during Survival missions, I evac at 10 mins, and in the Interception missions I evac after 2 waves) and then repeat.  And even so, since the event started 5 days ago, I've only come away with a total of 7 Synthula.  That's PATHETIC.

Since the event started, we have had only 2 chances to get 5 Synthula from alerts.  That's a total of 10, which is more than I've had any luck in farming during the past 5 days.  But in the same time frame, during the PC event there were 7 alerts where you could get 5 Synthula--that's 35 Synthula, more than TRIPLE the amount we've had a chance at here on the PS4!

42 minutes ago, (PS4)jFresh215 said:

I do agree that it the drop rate seems bad but we shouldn't compare RNG alerts. 

We absolutely SHOULD compare these alerts, because they are alerts that are specific to this event! 

This is an apples-to-apples comparison of how infrequently we are seeing these event-specific alerts on the PS4 platform, as compared to the frequency with which those exact same alerts happened on the PC over the course of the exact same event on that platform.

If DE has left the timing and possibility of event-specific alerts happening purely up to RNG, then the discrepancy between the 2 platforms that we are seeing shows that this is a BIG problem and a poor decision in implementation!

Edited by (PS4)Knightfyre