Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Braton Prime Feedback (Remastered)

Egg_Chen

I like the new sound, it is crisp and reverb sounds great with it. I do miss the classic Prime "pew" sound as someone else has commented, but I am already getting used to this new sound and think overall I prefer it.

However, I say overall because it just lacks that "oomph" it used to have, there is a distinct lack of low end thud to each shot. Another way to put it is it sounds less powerful.

@[DE]George - Please consider another pass on the sound, and give it some low end bass. Don't let it be drowned out by the cacophony of Octavia wub wubs we will be hearing for months ;)

Edited by Egg_Chen

I think the new sound sounds more "realistic," but it's lost the character of the Braton Prime that gave it a sort of hard-nosed feel.  It feels like a "softer", less nasty weapon now.

Of course one can get used to it, and it's not that big of a deal; but considering how much the sound of the Braton Prime was mentioned as a thing that people loved (i.e. if you look on past threads re. the Braton Prime, its sound is often mentioned), one wonders why it was changed.

Edited by Omnimorph

Braton P is my most used weapon, and the sound of it played no small part in that. A remastered version of the original sound would have been fine for me, I absolutely agree it has lost some of its character. You are spot on with it feeling "softer", I used to feel like the Braton P was tearing them apart (In most cases it physically was!)

However, I know that going back is unlikely now so I was kind of hoping they could at least add a touch of low end to it to give it a feeling of power again, but tweaks to restore the old Braton P sound would be nice as well.

I may be wrong, but I think it is part of a larger project to remaster weapon sounds using more layers of audio. I seem to recall it mentioned when the normal Braton and Lato got new sounds.

Anyway, original Braton's new sound got some tweaks after release, hope this does too.

• 2 months later...

The new sound is terrible when compared to what you guys had there. Completely put me off. It was, honestly, my favourite gun in the entire game and I would always come back to it when I felt sick of levelling up weak, airy sounding guns. Didn't matter that the stats make it a middling sort of weapon, it FELT powerful, the sound matched the action of enemies getting torn to shreds by high velocity rounds (high slash damage, so pretty XD), so I would use it over and over, just cuz.

Please, DE, let me buy the old sound back for Platinum or something. I honestly don't mind paying you to facilitate this. It directly affects my enjoyment of the game, along with quite a few other people on here, as far as I can see.