Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Management tools for Clan Wishlist #ClanTools2017

Justice_Ember

There seems to be a lot of issues that would greatly benefit from the proper In-Game tolos. The following is a list of what I’d like to see, as for my background and why I think of these tools, I’ve managed a 20 people workforce before and have worked with different KPIs over the pasts few years.

The tools I’d like to see are these:

• Progress chart and Objective kanban: Well, it’s pretty pointless to ask for a progress chart now that we have one, however it would be a good addition to it to make it more than just a summary, a kanban using this information could help the warlods inform the clans to were they want the efforts directed, what’s urgent and what’s important.
  • Clan members lifetime statistics: So far all we can see is how long a player has been disconnected and if he/she is online. This lack of indicators makes taking decisions really hard, what if a player contributes a lot but connects only once or twice a week/month, or connects everyday but hardly contributes? This sort of issues would be taken care of with a chart detailing the core statistics of every clan member (accesible to certain “roles”) such as: average daily play time, % of missions with other clan members, latest contribuition, % contribuited, % of in-house trades. There may be other stats warlords would like to see, but for me those are the ones I’d base a decision on.
  • Battalions: Many warlords have compared Clans to businesses and I’m one of those, much like a start-up a ghost clan needs to surround itself with active people and accomplish a lot in order to grow, but from 10 members to 30 is a small leap, were the core members can manage by taking time to moderate and enforce the clan rules, however, from 30 to 100 things get complicated, the core members need to take an even more active role or to trust the 2nd wave of recuitment to 2nd gen members, for each core member there’s 9 others(if full, obviously) that means each core is now in charge of a Ghost clan, or at the very least, 3 cores are running a shadow and 1 is running a Ghost, BUT that is hardly the case for Clans today only consider one big happy family, and as such sometimes management gets awfully difficult. The solution I propose is a way to make groups inside the clan that help manage through delegation, much like and actual military branch, this structure would allow for easier communication and better exemplify hierarchy.
  • Battalions performance: Much like Clan summary today but filtered for each battalion, this tool would make supervising easier and better deliver on where to focus.

That's all I wish for in this year of the Clans.

Edited by zzzNitro
Title typo - Added # to title

12 minutes ago, zzzNitro said:

Clan members lifetime statistics: So far all we can see is how long a player has been disconnected and if he/she is online. This lack of indicators makes taking decisions really hard, what if a player contributes a lot but connects only once or twice a week/month, or connects everyday but hardly contributes? This sort of issues would be taken care of with a chart detailing the core statistics of every clan member (accesible to certain “roles”) such as: average daily play time, % of missions with other clan members, latest contribuition, % contribuited, % of in-house trades. There may be other stats warlords would like to see, but for me those are the ones I’d base a decision on.

I like this idea a lot, not a fun of the rest tbh

On 27/03/2017 at 8:28 PM, zzzNitro said:
  • Clan members lifetime statistics: So far all we can see is how long a player has been disconnected and if he/she is online. This lack of indicators makes taking decisions really hard, what if a player contributes a lot but connects only once or twice a week/month, or connects everyday but hardly contributes? This sort of issues would be taken care of with a chart detailing the core statistics of every clan member (accesible to certain “roles”) such as: average daily play time, % of missions with other clan members, latest contribuition, % contribuited, % of in-house trades. There may be other stats warlords would like to see, but for me those are the ones I’d base a decision on.
  •  

This would be nice, but it has been mentioned before on other post on some extent.

Battalions: Many warlords have compared Clans to businesses and I’m one of those, much like a start-up a ghost clan needs to surround itself with active people and accomplish a lot in order to grow, but from 10 members to 30 is a small leap, were the core members can manage by taking time to moderate and enforce the clan rules, however, from 30 to 100 things get complicated, the core members need to take an even more active role or to trust the 2nd wave of recuitment to 2nd gen members, for each core member there’s 9 others(if full, obviously) that means each core is now in charge of a Ghost clan, or at the very least, 3 cores are running a shadow and 1 is running a Ghost, BUT that is hardly the case for Clans today only consider one big happy family, and as such sometimes management gets awfully difficult. The solution I propose is a way to make groups inside the clan that help manage through delegation, much like and actual military branch, this structure would allow for easier communication and better exemplify hierarchy.

Not sure if diving your clan into like small battalions or whatever is going to help. Your going to basically have several small clans inside a clan, which can all have diferent mentalities than yours and just divide the clan. Not to mention it's a big vague on how you want it implemented and you kinda rambled there a bit. Alliances have a hard time keeping track of the clans they have in and you wana make big clans turn into a small alliance of battalions. I don't think it will work, unless they had better management tools for both alliance and clans.

Battalions performance: Much like Clan summary today but filtered for each battalion, this tool would make supervising easier and better deliver on where to focus.

Evaluated their perfomance based on what? DE will have to add ways for warlords to add like checkpoints or goals to do stuff? How will DE even add the goals, you can make any number of goals, is DE gona make a list of everything possible then implement to the clan for the warlord to chose from? It's vague. And if your talking about statistics for members in battalion then you already have that covered on the first point.

9 hours ago, ---RV---Maniac said:

Not sure if diving your clan into like small battalions or whatever is going to help. Your going to basically have several small clans inside a clan, which can all have diferent mentalities than yours and just divide the clan.

While it's true that different mentalities can be an issue from a business standpoint at some point in your growth plan you'll want to departmentalize your company in order to achieve your goal more efficiently, in the end it will depend on the leadership of the Warlord.

Not to mention it's a big vague on how you want it implemented and you kinda rambled there a bit.

Oh for sure, I tend to ramble, but yes, I was being vague, not deliberately tho. I thought making it simpler would be better than to go into a page long explanation.

Alliances have a hard time keeping track of the clans they have in and you wana make big clans turn into a small alliance of battalions. I don't think it will work, unless they had better management tools for both alliance and clans.

Yes, completely agree.

Evaluated their perfomance based on what? DE will have to add ways for warlords to add like checkpoints or goals to do stuff? How will DE even add the goals, you can make any number of goals, is DE gona make a list of everything possible then implement to the clan for the warlord to chose from? It's vague. And if your talking about statistics for members in battalion then you already have that covered on the first point.

Would adding a "battalion" filter to the first point be better in this case? I honestely thought a summary would feel more natural

Edited by zzzNitro

I like this idea " Clan members lifetime statistics " but I think that the idea of " Battalions " needs or lack of something more, I will explain my point. For starters it won't be enough with only have different chats or groups inside the clan, it will make all the management even worst, this kind of structures are not new or original, in most countries we call it bureaucracy and I think I should not explain why an excess of it, will result badly for clans.

So for the battalions idea, I would add up that, instead of subdividing into groups, DE give us some kind of rewards that the warlord can display for all the different ranks in the clan, maybe endo or kuva for example, something not inflationary to not to harm the game. so for this, the rank in the clan with the most work or clan management receive an extra something from the clan system, and maybe a custom emblem with more starts or some kind of marks (back to the military example), than others members emblem.

Spoiler

DistinguishingMarksArmy1-sm.jpg

Not signed in

Edited by -VV-mago_de_muerte

On 31/3/2017 at 9:00 PM, -VV-mago_de_muerte said:

I will explain my point. For starters it won't be enough with only have different chats or groups inside the clan, it will make all the management even worst, this kind of structures are not new or original, in most countries we call it bureaucracy and I think I should not explain why an excess of it, will result badly for clans.

Yes, an excess of bureaucracy is bad for any clan size, and while the idea in and of itseld is not new, there's a reason the model is replicated, as management goes it works.

On 31/3/2017 at 9:00 PM, -VV-mago_de_muerte said:

So for the battalions idea, I would add up that, instead of subdividing into groups, DE give us some kind of rewards that the warlord can display for all the different ranks in the clan, maybe endo or kuva for example, something not inflationary to not to harm the game. so for this, the rank in the clan with the most work or clan management receive an extra something from the clan system, and maybe a custom emblem with more starts or some kind of marks (back to the military example), than others members emblem.

I share the idea of rewards inside the clan, I used to keep seets of different primes or outright buy a set to give to an active member when I felt he had contributed a lot, maybe if we had a vault to store stuff for the clan but then again, that opens uo abuse, facilitating second accounts and such.

As for the custom emblem, I do like this idea, maybe even place a limit, let's say 9 other emblems and each has to follow a similar logic to the clan's one. That alone I think could make for a fun experience.

Tomorrow I'll try to update the Orinial Post with a few points of discussion so far.