Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn's Venom Dose Augment?

Shifty9

Question

What does casting it on her molt then casting spores on her molt do? Would it add the toxin damage on top of viral (since spores do viral damage)? Or would it override the viral and ONLY do toxin? Or would it do nothing and I'm wasting my time? Any help from people who have tested it would be much appreciated! Thanks

8 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Well Molt doesn't actually attack anything, so even if Venom Dose activated the Molt would have no way of using it

But molt spreads spores so my main question was does that count as an "attack" to get the buff from the aug.

Just now, Shifty9 said:

But molt spreads spores so my main question was does that count as an "attack" to get the buff from the aug.

All of that would pertain to the Spores themselves. It would be like asking "if I cast Spores on an enemy with Venom Dose in my build, what would happen?" And the answer is "nothing special"

But just to be thorough I checked the wiki. And they make a special note "You can cast Fireball Frenzy, Venom Dose, etc. on Molt, but it doesn't actually do anything"

2 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

"if I cast Spores on an enemy with Venom Dose in my build, what would happen?"

That'd be completely different because you imply you wouldn't even use Venom Dose in that example. Warframe has some pretty wonky mechanics sometimes so I wanted someone who had actually tested it to give me an answer. A simple "no" would've sufficed.

2 minutes ago, Shifty9 said:

That'd be completely different because you imply you wouldn't even use Venom Dose in that example. Warframe has some pretty wonky mechanics sometimes so I wanted someone who had actually tested it to give me an answer. A simple "no" would've sufficed.

I don't see how, because you're asking if Venom Dose does something completely different than what it tells you it does

Part of the issue is this right here:

23 minutes ago, Shifty9 said:

What does casting it on her molt then casting spores on her molt do?

Venom Dose and Spores aren't separate abilities. If you actually tried to do what you wrote, exactly as written, you would just cast Spores on your Molt, twice.

I hope that clears things up

1 minute ago, TARINunit9 said:

Venom Dose and Spores aren't separate abilities. If you actually tried to do what you wrote, exactly as written, you would just cast Spores on your Molt, twice.

I get that now but it doesn't take away from my questions legitimacy as warframe has weird mechanics sometimes and I had someone tell me they used Venom Dose in their dps build (which actually made no sense to me) so I wanted to ask. If spores popping on an enemy was considered damage dealt through that enemy, there was a chance Venom Dose (for whatever reason) would affect it. Hence why I asked.

11 hours ago, Shifty9 said:

I get that now but it doesn't take away from my questions legitimacy as warframe has weird mechanics sometimes and I had someone tell me they used Venom Dose in their dps build (which actually made no sense to me) so I wanted to ask. If spores popping on an enemy was considered damage dealt through that enemy, there was a chance Venom Dose (for whatever reason) would affect it. Hence why I asked.

Sorry if I came across as hostile