The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will the forgotten ASH ever Be "rereworked"

ShadowStalker

17 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

Second, remember that Ash isn't just Blade Storm

Truth. I feel like maybe this is where a lot of the Ash salt is coming from on the Forums. Before the rework to Bladestorm, Ash was arguably the most popular Warframe, and 95% of Ashes I saw ran a minmaxed BS nuke setup, just racking up tons of energy and instakilling the map. (About 4% were Fatal Teleport players, and I also saw the odd support Ash.) DE saw this was adversely affecting co-op and upped the damage on BS but removed the auto-marking. The rework went through and Ash (pardon the joke) pretty much vanished from the Pugs. The implications are clear.

So the question I have for Ash players who no longer play Ash due to the rework would have to be this: did you like Ash for his design, mechanics, etc? Or did you like him for the ability to slay the entire map and score top damage without much effort?

It seems like a large number of the player base would answer the second option. Now that Ash's nuke potential isn't the same anymore, I've been seeing a lot more WoF Ember (there's been at least one in about 70% of my squads in the last few weeks). How many players do you think are just gravitating to the most efficient option of highest power output to lowest effort/knowledge/skill input?

Just now, SenorClipClop said:

Truth. I feel like maybe this is where a lot of the Ash salt is coming from on the Forums. Before the rework to Bladestorm, Ash was arguably the most popular Warframe, and 95% of Ashes I saw ran a minmaxed BS nuke setup, just racking up tons of energy and instakilling the map. (About 4% were Fatal Teleport players, and I also saw the odd support Ash.) DE saw this was adversely affecting co-op and upped the damage on BS but removed the auto-marking. The rework went through and Ash (pardon the joke) pretty much vanished from the Pugs. The implications are clear.

So the question I have for Ash players who no longer play Ash due to the rework would have to be this: did you like Ash for his design, mechanics, etc? Or did you like him for the ability to slay the entire map and score top damage without much effort?

It seems like a large number of the player base would answer the second option. Now that Ash's nuke potential isn't the same anymore, I've been seeing a lot more WoF Ember (there's been at least one in about 70% of my squads in the last few weeks). How many players do you think are just gravitating to the most efficient option of highest power output to lowest effort/knowledge/skill input?

I knew from day 1 of the revisit that Ash "popularity" would plummet, and most ran back to Miramulor and WoEmber. That still left us Ash players who liked him for his theme with a half-made rework that didn't solve most of the issues the frame had. I wish his rework to be something that requires skill over free nukes, finesse over brute force, ninja over battlemage. A playstyle both fluid and pleasant, both powerful and balanced, both easy to pick up but tricky to fully master.

I will never abandon my frame, I will never give up on this subject. Ash will have his rightful rework, even if I have to code the whole damn thing myself.

8 hours ago, Jeoxz said:

If you mean the change to his 4. Now is safer, you can have it ready to go BS when you are in danger rather than looking for an enemy when you need to. All his other abilities got a buff. Also, remember when you pressed 4 but there was an Ancient disruptor there and you got stuck for the whole duration? Well now you can choose what you want dead and take care of whatever screws it.

Ash is dead not because of him being bad but rather part of his playerbase refusing to learn a new way to play him.

Exactly this you can use all 3 abilities while the 4th is going and choose when to release.  You can gain energy from anything while it runs including zenurik if you're so inclined to use that focus.

16 hours ago, Nazrethim said:

We still have two solid chances for a second revisit:

Ash Prime retroactive trailer: because spinning the camera like a maniac to apply chevrons and telebugging inside a rampart and getting stuck, or aiming a shuriken then seeing it fly offscreen into a random don't really make for a compelling trailer.

Possible Ash Umbra future release: We know Excalibur hasn't released yet, but that doesn't stop DE to give more frames their Umbra versions eventually.

They could also take 1 year (after revisit) of Ash feedback to go and re-revisit him too.

ash and all the others probably wont get umbra varients it will just be too much for DE to handle Normal frames /weapons Prime/Weapons and now umbra? i think theyll just turn umbra into skins so to ease themselves excalibur might get one since most players dont have his prime ..imo xD