The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simaris Target Rivens

xxswatelitexx

I personally find these Riven challenges annoying, especially

"Scan a Simaris Target + without traps + take no damage + No abilities +  with hobbeled dragon key."

There are multiple problems with this Riven.

1. No mission has a guaranteed Simiaris Target. 
For example, my target is Daily Evicerator - according to the Codex it spawns on Mercury, Ceres, Sedna, Uranus Lua
I did missions on all of these one after another and never once did I get a Simaris Target notification. With Uranus being some what impossible because of underawter archwing not taking damage. So I will have to keep the pistol with riven mod equipped till one day magically I get the target. 

2. Take no Damage.
So when I do get a target the only practical approach to such a mission are stealth warframes. Which would mean playing stealth frames to the inevitable future until a target appears. Finally a single mistake causing a single point damage results in a failure. 

3. The Inevitable bad Riven roll.
After going through this horrendous set of hoops - you are likely to get a horrible riven roll for a pistol no one uses like seer. 
If the challenge has these many hoops - it should be bare minimum Legendary Roll and primed riven card. 

Long Story short - Please Remove all Simaris Scans as a riven challenge. Unless you can get a 100% guaranteed Simaris Scan Target. 

Edited by xxswatelitexx

9 hours ago, AngelChikage said:

1.  I found a page for the scan target. See https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=666483447

2. Bring a friend to help cleaning all mobs then you can scan the target easily. Or use a warframe with shield ability like Rhino if there is no ability usage restriction within the challenge.

3. No good solution :)

The problem isn't cleaning out mobs, I can manage that part. 
The only problem is the uncertainty of the target actually appearing. 
So I have to keep specific frame and weapon until it does. 

I will try your list and report back.
Though  the fact I have to use a 3rd party list also proves how bad the Riven mod actually is.

Edited by xxswatelitexx

So update.
The List Worked - was able to find the target and do the mission.

I forgot to add no abilities can be used when capturing.

On top of that it ends up being a riven for BRONCO. 
Not AK Bronco but an ordinary Bronco. A gun so bad - the likely use rate for the gun is likely lower than that of SEER. 

Considering the amount of trouble is required to unlock - you would think at minimum it would be exclusive to one of the high end guns like Lex, or add 999% damage to bronco garunteed. 

Bronco a short range pistol shotgun that does  1 /10 th the damage of Lex, has less ammo then Lex, and 1/100th the range of Lex. 

Edited by xxswatelitexx

12 hours ago, xxswatelitexx said:

I personally find these Riven challenges annoying, especially

"Scan a Simaris Target + without traps + take no damage + No abilities +  with hobbeled dragon key."

I had that same challenge.  I brought a clan mate and actually if THEY scan it for you it still counts.  I don't know if this is still true though.  I was able to challange the mission on earth (E Prime) so having them clear the enemies was way easier.  ALSO since you couldn't use traps or abilities, Dirga is perfect to bring along.  Zenurik focus is also a good one to bring along.

Hope this helps :)

2 hours ago, xxswatelitexx said:

So update.
The List Worked - was able to find the target and do the mission.

I forgot to add no abilities can be used when capturing.

On top of that it ends up being a riven for BRONCO. 
Not AK Bronco but an ordinary Bronco. A gun so bad - the likely use rate for the gun is likely lower than that of SEER. 

Considering the amount of trouble is required to unlock - you would think at minimum it would be exclusive to one of the high end guns like Lex, or add 999% damage to bronco garunteed. 

Bronco a short range pistol shotgun that does  1 /10 th the damage of Lex, has less ammo then Lex, and 1/100th the range of Lex. 

LOL. Sorry dude I rly feel bad for you. But then again, exact same thing happened to me..... I still disagree though, finding a simaris target is easy, I've used that list for months, this is Warframe, you need a third party site to know almost anything.