Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 9? More Like -9

WarMasterCy

Well it seems Digital Extremes have done it again.. They turned a beautiful unique game into a piece of S#&$.. I'm going to start from asking a question ...

Did anyone test this update before applying it? or are you guys " Hey I got a great idea to f**k the game up, lets set the health to drop every second while they are on low level missions that would be epic!! :D"

" Update 9 would be a great way to get more money off these suckers!"

I'll be quick because no one likes to read long posts...

I think I'm speaking for a lot of people when I say remove update 9 ... it's garbage

I think you have a point with this "mission-mode". If you have a 100hp lvl 1 Warframe, it will suck you out it a few seconds. Not really nice. They should remove this m-mode in lowlvl-missions!

But not everything is bad. New primeweapons. New voidmissiontypes, let's check the new artifact-system.

So...if you're going to complain about a game, you'd better list what exactly your complaints are.

Because all I see is a bunch of empty whining right now. And from what I've seen, you are really the only real hater on the update.

I like the new content, i just don't like what they've done with the old content.

Couldn't they have just introduced a new area instead of raise the levels of old area's by 20?

Is this just a cash grab to get people to buy platinum or what??

Health draining I mean skull thing on missions "Insane mode" ...

If a level 1 goes to terminus the first missions how the hell is he/she meant to pass the missions if he can't even get out of the starting point?

If they remove insane more i'll be happy...

I like the new content, i just don't like what they've done with the old content.

Couldn't they have just introduced a new area instead of raise the levels of old area's by 20?

Is this just a cash grab to get people to buy platinum or what??

I agree with you it's just a way to make people pay money... I wont support such a company from me they wont see a cent..

I have only supported companies that now what they are doing ...sorry

I just want to make things clear my only problem with the game right now is the insane mode... If they remove that then I'll be happy..

At least they could add an option to set it to insane mode rather than force it to the specific missions and if insane mode is set then  rare drops will increase drop rate ..

sound fair?

Edited by WarMasterCy

Care to elaborate? All I heard was waah waah waah. What is this health-drain thing you speak of?

Nightmare mode Vampirisim.

You lose health as long as you don't kill enemies.

It is possible to fail an extermination mission if you don't exit fast enough after killing everything.

Is is possible to die during defense missions where you have to wait for enemies to spawn because of how the mechanics work.

This means low health frames will have big issues on defense maps.

I'm pretty sure the vampire mode is based on percentages. The lower you health the less you lose. Also do you really think it's the best of ideas to take a lvl 1 frame into a skull mission they temporarily dubbed "Nightmare Mode"? Come on now.

You do realize that terminus is the first mission? and level 1 Warframe has no choice but to complete terminus to progress ?

Nightmare mode Vampirisim.

You lose health as long as you don't kill enemies.

It is possible to fail an extermination mission if you don't exit fast enough after killing everything.

Is is possible to die during defense missions where you have to wait for enemies to spawn because of how the mechanics work.

This means low health frames will have big issues on defense maps.

yes you don't lose health by killing however I strongly believe that the insane mode should be an option not forced 

also new players wont know how to play like experienced players do on Warframe.. How would they know that killing NPC's would stop them from losing health?

You do realize that terminus is the first mission? and level 1 Warframe has no choice but to complete terminus to progress ?

You do realize nightmare mode is based on your mastery level and a new player would not be affected by it as they've not unlocked it, right? Since we're throwing out the "you know right?" And for those who have it unlocked, you also can see the skull, leveling a frame, don't go to that mission...derp.

Edited by Vercinaigh

yes you don't lose health by killing however I strongly believe that the insane mode should be an option not forced 

also new players wont know how to play like experienced players do on Warframe.. How would they know that killing NPC's would stop them from losing health?

You're correct that the modifiers really need to be explained.

However I think this is just an alpha look at what Nightmare will be giving (new enemies and enemy variants, random modifiers, increased damage taken).

Not only that it makes it almost impossible to get new warframes other than spending cash unless you've cleared the whole map.

I'm level 2 and in order to get Banshee I have to run Tier 3 Defenses. Which are not single or even dual player mode (yaya, forced socialization and pugging) .

AND have fun if you miss one of the Drop missions on your first or second time through (since most of us have to run them several time or haven't unlocked the upper level planet (I've ran Vesper 15 times and no banshee drops, I've don Tethys  20ish and no drop, so what happens when I level out?).

Either spend $$ or sit on a dead warframe not gaining XP. Sorry, just not acceptable. I'm more than welling to spent $$ on this game, but not going to be FORCED to Spend it..

People complain that game is too easy.

*DE makes it a tiny bit harder*

People complain that it's impossible.

People need to stop *@##$ing about this stuff. I think it actually is okay in terms of difficulty now. You just need to git gud.

Not only that it makes it almost impossible to get new warframes other than spending cash unless you've cleared the whole map.

I'm level 2 and in order to get Banshee I have to run Tier 3 Defenses. Which are not single or even dual player mode (yaya, forced socialization and pugging) .

AND have fun if you miss one of the Drop missions on your first or second time through (since most of us have to run them several time or haven't unlocked the upper level planet (I've ran Vesper 15 times and no banshee drops, I've don Tethys  20ish and no drop, so what happens when I level out?).

Either spend $$ or sit on a dead warframe not gaining XP. Sorry, just not acceptable. I'm more than welling to spent $$ on this game, but not going to be FORCED to Spend it..

Banshee has always been a hugely problematic warframe to get because of how the helmet is defense-only and her other parts not much easier to get. I mean yeah, they probably should have fixed it (made defense rewards multiples) but it's not like they introduced a new problem on purpose.

I always wanted a toggle for nightmare mode or normal mode.

But now you are blessed by RNG to see which missions are nightmare mode.

And Vampirisim mode kills stealth game play at the moment, because less enemy spawns = you cannot delay the degeneration.

So you are forced to go all out to make sure there are enough enemies to "feed on".

Not one of the most well thought out ideas although unique. But the biggest killer is that you do not know what the modifier the map inflicts on you UNTIL you are in the mission.

Edited by fatpig84

Just an F.Y.I. on farming drops from defense runs, all defense missions can progress into a higher tier. If you play up to wave 20 (or around there) you will reach the tier 3 stage and unlock that drop pool. 

Should be a really simple fix, just allow people to select either the normal mission or nightmare mode. Experienced players can run the higher difficulty, newer players can come back to it later. Same with Alerts.

That being said, the Nightmare modes need quite a bit of polish, and they need it quickly. Nearly failed a few Vampirism Exterminate missions because the enemies all spawned towards the end of the mission, which left me with about 100/450 health left before I got to massacring them. Still workable, but that was because I was lucky enough to be playing a fast Warframe. Frost or Rhino would probably be done for at the rate they can move around. If players are forced to survive off of enemies, it's important to provide them with a minimum number of enemies to survive off of. Making it difficult to keep up makes for an interesting challenge. Making it outright impossible to compete with the challenge as a result of uncontrollable circumstances like enemy spawns makes for bouts of frustration and rage.

People complain that game is too easy.

*DE makes it a tiny bit harder*

People complain that it's impossible.

People need to stop *@##$ing about this stuff. I think it actually is okay in terms of difficulty now. You just need to git gud.

How the heck are you supposed to GET good if, like me, you only started playing this damn game 2 days ago?? Luckily I have my hubby playing as well so we try to figure it out. Then this update and wtf we're dying now, have to run, new enemies that kill us so we're thru our daily 4 lives in less than 2 missions, and now have to wait a day to play with any chance of succeeding. 

Yeah think you might be a bit screwed for new members now. Oh and apparently now we'll have to just play the first one or two missions until we *le gasp* make it to level 2. Stupid. 

And no I'm not some idiot who's never played a game before. But to make level one insane so no one can win it solo just makes me annoyed with the game and less likely to spend time on it. No point. 

Edited by Draconaa

Should be a really simple fix, just allow people to select either the normal mission or nightmare mode. Experienced players can run the higher difficulty, newer players can come back to it later. Same with Alerts.

That being said, the Nightmare modes need quite a bit of polish, and they need it quickly. Nearly failed a few Vampirism Exterminate missions because the enemies all spawned towards the end of the mission, which left me with about 100/450 health left before I got to massacring them. Still workable, but that was because I was lucky enough to be playing a fast Warframe. Frost or Rhino would probably be done for at the rate they can move around. If players are forced to survive off of enemies, it's important to provide them with a minimum number of enemies to survive off of. Making it difficult to keep up makes for an interesting challenge. Making it outright impossible to compete with the challenge as a result of uncontrollable circumstances like enemy spawns makes for bouts of frustration and rage.

People already can. You want nightmare mode? Click the skull. You don't? Click on any other mission.

"Nearly failed" I think they can quote this for a glowing endorsement for nightmare mode.