Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Legion - The Army of One (Warframe Concept) *Under Construction*

OhTheIrony

LEGION

"Once the commander of the glorious Orokin tenno army, his name forgotten and his soldiers lost to the ages.

On his ancient battle armor remains one word: LEGION."

The Warframe

Spoiler

Base Stats (at rank 30)

• Armor: 225
  • Health: 420
  • Shields: 150
  • Power:150
  • Speed: 1.00

Passive: Trial By Combat                            [credit to (PS4) GamingGuerilla14]

Spoiler

Description:

Taking health damage grant bonus armor, primary and secondary weapon kills grant increased reload speed, and ability kills increase power efficiency. Each level of a buff is activated every 10 kills and lasts 25 seconds. Only 1 kind of buff can exist at a time, and the buff levels are reset on activating a different buff.

Stats:

• Armor Bonus: 2.5 / 5 / 7.5 / 10 % (Calculated with base armor before mods and additive with Legion's post-mod armor value)
  • Reload Bonus: 5 / 7 / 9 / 12 %
  • Power Efficiency Bonus: 5 / 7.5 / 10 % (Still can't surpass 175%)

Ability 1: Indomitable Spirit

"Legion lets out a ferocious shout, knocking away and cowering nearby enemies, and is filled with the spirit of the forgotten heroes of old, boosting movement speed."

Spoiler

Explanation:

Legion performs an action similar to Rhino or Valkyr during "Roar" or "Warcry" respectively. This animation is one handed, and can be done while running and in the air. As the animation plays, enemies within range are blown away in a radial range, the force originating around Legion. After the animation is finished, the speed buff then applies and the duration timer starts. The skill is not recastable until the speed buff ends.

Animation Request:

When the noise of Legion's shout erupts, Legion is surrounded by a thin film or transparent energy that matches his energy colour. This aura slowly fades away at the last .5 second of his speed buff.

Stats:

• Energy Cost: 25 (Affected by power efficiency)
  • Range where enemies are knocked back: 2.5 / 7.5 / 10 meters (Affected by power range)
  • Movement speed buff: 10 / 17.5 / 24.5 / 30 % (Affected by power strength)
  • Buff Duration: 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 seconds (Affected by power duration)

Ability 2: Valiant Charge

"Legion materializes a spear of energy and charges forward, joined by the shadows of long dead comrades and warriors at each step."

Spoiler

Explanation:

Legion starts off into a run forward with spear point ahead, gaining speed with each step. After the second step, two shadows of Legion, or different models, accompany Legion's charge with the same . Every successive pair of steps after that adds another two shadows to Legion's charge, the formation being shaped like an upside-down "v" with Legion at the head. The charge continues until its duration expires. Shadows will be spawned until it reaches the cap or the ability is forcefully stopped by reactivating the ability. After Legion stops, a clone of him and the rest of the shadows will continue charging for 5 meters (unaffected by power duration or range) before dispersing. If the ability is forcefully stopped, the shadows spawned and a clone of Legion will still charge forwards for 5 meters. If Legion impacts a wall or a solid object, the charge will end, though the shadows will go through the obstacle and continue its effect. All enemies hit at any point of the charge, even the 5 meters at the end, will be damaged and knocked down. Also, an enemy can be hit by this skill at any point during its duration a maximum of 4 times. After the "v" extends 3 shadows out on each ring, a new "v"  is formed behind with the same mechanics.

Reference GIF

YhaXR9Z.gif

Animation Request:

The shadows that run with Legion don't have synchronized footsteps, but seemingly random ones. Also, the angle made by the "v" is a 90 degree angle.

Stats:

• Energy Cost: 50 (Affected by power efficiency)
  • Damage per Shadow: 100 / 250 / 400 / 600 (Affected by power strength)
  • Duration: 3 / 5 / 7 / 9 seconds (Affected by power duration)
  • Shadows Spawned: 4 / 8 / 12 / 16 (Affected by strength, max at 16 shadows)

Ability 3: Aegis

"Legion projects his aura outwards, standing in the face of all danger and adversity."

Spoiler

Explanation:

Legion is surrounded with a cylindrical shield with the thickness of frost's globe. The shield intercepts all enemy fire (projectile and hitscan fire) and knocks back any units that try to enter (like Vauban's repelling bastille). During this ability, Legion loses 70% movement speed and the ability to do parkour maneuvers (he can still sprint though), and gains 80% damage reduction. However, Legion also takes in full any damage that the shield also takes. If enemies are within the shield when the ability is activated, they are ejected (similar to casting frost's snow globe with enemies inside). Any time an enemy tries to pass through the shields, Legion takes damage equivalent to said enemy's melee damage. This ability is a channeled ability, and if Legion is downed, the ability is halted. Legion is free to melee and use his weapons during the ability.

If "Valiant Charge" is used while "Aegis" is active, "Aegis" is deactivated. However, instead of materializing a spear and charging, Legion materializes a shield, as do the shadows that join him. Also, the charge carries enemies with it until Legion stops. Enemies will not be carried the extra 5 meters, but instead is dumped in front of Legion.

Reference GIF

A2ZeRuY.gif

Stats:

• Energy Cost: 50 (Affected by power efficiency)
  • Energy Drain: -10 / -8 / -6 / -4 /second (Affected by power efficiency and duration)
  • Shield Radius: 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 meters (Affected by power range)
  • Damage Reduction: 20 / 40 / 60 / 80 % (Affected by power strength, maxes at 99%)

Ability 4: Mists of War

"Legion manifests and raises a battle standard and summons the 'Mists of War', bringing back the legion in all its glory."

Spoiler

Explanation:

After Legion raises up the battle standard and it disperses, fog rises up from the ground all around legion in a circular area. The fog will not move after being cast, and will stay in the same area where it first appeared. Within the fog, both allies and enemies given reduced visibility (Fog has Wukong cloud walker particle effects). Enemies are granted reduced accuracy (by 30 %) and movement speed (by 20%). Whenever Legion attacks an enemy, there is a 50% chance that a shadow will appear and attack a different enemy within the fog in the same way that Legion attacked the first enemy with a 0.5 second delay. There will be a limit to the number of shadows that are spawned and mimic Legion's attacks. Furthermore, each shadow draws aggro to its target. Each shadow has the same base health as the base health of the target that they attack. However, their damage stems from Legion's attack damage. Because of this, each shadow can die, and each shadow that dies reduces the radius of the fog. This is a channeling ability, and will stop when all shadows are killed or if Legion is downed.

Reference GIF
zSwheTR.gif

Stats:

• Energy Cost: 75 (Affected by power efficiency)
  • Energy Drain: -15 / -12 / -9 / -6 (Affected by power efficiency and power duration)
  • Max Shadow Spawns: 4 / 8 / 12 / 16 (Affected by power efficiency)
  • % of Legion's Damage Dealt: 15 / 40 / 65 / 90 % (Affected by power strength)
  • Fog Radius: 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 meters (Affected by power range)

Aquisition

Spoiler

Arbiters of Hexis Quest

Quest: The Forgotten Legion

Quest Location: Arbiters of Hexis in the relays

Prerequesites: Mastery Rank 8

Intro:

Hexis: Tenno, we have found out details about some sort of ancient Orokin battle standard. We believe this may lead to some clues about the organization of the Orokin Empire's hierarchy. Are you interested?

Tenno:   1) I would like to hear more          2)No thank you, I am busy formaing my Ignis Wraith 8 times

(assuming that you choose choice 1)

Hexis: Good. The truth is, Tenno, the standard was not all that was found. There were also words carved in the walls of the Orokin tongue. However, we were unable to decipher them. Will you help?

Tenno:   1) Yes                                            2)No thank you, I am busy creating my mixtapes

(assuming that you choose choice 1)

Hexis: We expect great things Tenno. Good luck.

-End

Mission 1: Europa (Some custom map that never changes like the one in Sands of Inaros)

Hexis: The relic should be somewhere around this area. Search around here.

The player must work past corpus enemies and go to the designated area. There are no other objectives on this map.

The Tenno goes into a network of tunnels (typical of the iceworld tileset) and ends up in a huge underground cavern with broken Orokin styled things. There is one bare wall with a bunch of Orokin writing on it, and a battle standard with a torn flag rests planted in the ground slanted in front of the wall.

*Cutscene*

Tenno: What is this place?

Tenno walks around and goes to the middle of the cavern before spinning around to get a complete view of the cavern.

Lotus: This... I've seen these structures before... And that standard...

Tenno: What is it Lotus? Do you recognize them?

Lotus: These... belong to the Legions.

*End Cutscene*

Tenno: The Legions? Were they Orokin?

Lotus: They were tenno, just like you. But they were different. They acted together, massed together, trampled the enemy with pure force. In the Old War, they were a force to be reckoned with. Much of the Sentient's defeat was due to their efforts.

Tenno: What happened to them?

Lotus: That remains a mystery. As far as I know, after we were subdued, the Legions vanished. They disappeared without a trace.

Tenno: Interesting... Well, what does the writing on the wall say?

The player must then follow the objective marker which leads to a spot in front of the battle standard, but where the writing is still visible. The writing is high on the wall so that the standard doesn't block it. Going to the objective marker then initiates the next cutscene.

*Cutscene*

Lotus: It's saying... something about a betrayal...

Tenno: A betrayal? Maybe this has something to do with the downfall of the Legions.

Tenno moves his head down a bit and looks at the torn battle standard. The camera switches to a first person view from the POV of the Tenno. As a shot of the standard is shown, the standard starts glowing gold and the Tenno's field of vision slowly fades except for the standard, which is now as good as new and shining bright with gold accentuating a blood red banner. Then, a flash of white occurs, leading to a slideshow of a myriad of images, all of them having to do with the Legions in their glory in war and conquest, and multiple shots of the Legions together in ordered, structured units. All of the pictures are slightly tinted gold. As this slideshow is occuring, disembodied voices consisting of men, women, children, etc says stuff in sync.

Voices: We are the Legions. We are honor. We are glory. And yet... there was treachery...

Fade to black.

*End Cutscene*

The camera returns to normal and players are given back control of their characters. The camera fades in slowly from black, and Lotus's voice gets louder as the camera turns back to normal.

Lotus: ... Tenno.... Tenno...... Can you hear..... Tenno.. Tenno! Can you hear me? What's wrong?

Tenno: I... don't know. What happened to me?

Lotus: You were fine one moment, and the next, you became sensless. No matter what I did, you didn't respond.

Tenno: You didn't see the flag and words glowing?

Lotus: No, nothing happened to them. What did you see?

Tenno: I... I saw the Legions.

Hexis: Tenno, we have just gotten recent reports about the Corpus capturing an ancient Orokin fighter ship. We need your help securing it before the Corpus can make use of it. Also, look at this!

An image is sent over and displayed on-screen. The image depicts and Orokin landing craft that has an insignia similar to the one on the battle standard.

Lotus: That ship... that ship belong's the the fourth legion! Look at the markings on its wings.

Tenno: Let's help. We need to find out more about the Legions.

The extraction marker displays and the players must get to extraction to finish the mission.

Mission 2: Europa, Sorath (Custom Hijack)

Hexis: The ship is currently on a transport in this facility. Capture the transport and get it out of Corpus hands.

The mission is the same as the non-quest hijack mission the model for the transport is different and there is not constant health decay of the transport, but the health is lower. When the mission ends, the ship is brough up via traction beam rather than the ususal carried by landing craft.

*In orbiter*

Lotus: Good job Tenno. Ordis, can you run some scans on this ship?

Ordis: Yes Ma'am .......... Hmm, that's strange. The ship seems to have been used recently. There are still traces of energy in the reactor cores. Furthermore, there seems to be a cryropod inside, it had long been opened.

Hexis: Used recently? Open cryropod? Could it be that one of the members of the Legions are still alive?

Ordis: After salvaging the avonics. I've discovered that a set of coordinates have been input.

Hexis: Maybe we can find more clues there. Tenno, head there immediately.

Mission 3:

Building

Spoiler

Prerequisites:

• Mastery Rank 10

Construction:

Legion Blueprint

• 1 Legion Neuroptics
  • 1 Legion Systems
  • 1 Legion Chassis
  • 2 Argon Crystals

Build Time: 72 Hours

Build Cost: 50,000 Credits

Legion Neuroptics

• 2000 Polymer Bundles
  • 5 Neural Sensors
  • 6000 Circuts

Build Time: 12 Hours

Build Cost: 25,000 Credits

Legion Systems

• 6000 Alloy Plates
  • 3 Nitain
  • 10 Control Modules
  • 4500 Rubedo

Build Time: 12 Hours

Legion Chassis

• 2500 Cryotic
  • 30 Fieldron Samples
  • 3000 Ferrite
  • 2 Morphics

Build Time: 12 Hours

Conclusion:

As you can all see, Legion is a Roman legionairre inspired frame. He was the last of his kind, and all his abilities honor his long lost and dead comrade in arms. I really hope this frame will become a reality some day because... C'mon. This is the mose bad*ss character in Warframe since... Teshin.

I'm done.

BTW, as always, I'm open to balancing suggestions and improvements. Yeah.

~Fin

Edited by OhTheIrony

9 minutes ago, (PS4)GamingGuerilla14 said:

You accepting any suggestions for abilities?

Well, I already thought of all the abilities (except for the passive), but I will listen to suggestions.

Actually, If your suggestion is really really good, then.. uhh.

Actually, I'm accepting suggestions. Especially for the passive.

Yeah lol.

Passive Ability: Trial by Combat

Melee kills grant bonus armor (+10/15/20/25/30), Secondary kills grant bonus Shields (+25/30/35/40/45), Primary kills grant bonus Health Regen (+5/10/15/20/25%) and Ability kills increase Power Efficiency (10/15/20/25/30%)

You can the change numbers around. I felt that the whole "reward and renown" theme of this ability would fit the Legionary theme of Legion.

1 minute ago, (PS4)GamingGuerilla14 said:

Melee kills grant bonus armor (+10/15/20/25/30), Secondary kills grant bonus Shields (+25/30/35/40/45), Primary kills grant bonus Health Regen (+5/10/15/20/25%) and Ability kills increase Power Efficiency (10/15/20/25/30%)

You can the change numbers around. I felt that the whole "reward and renown" theme of this ability would fit the Legionary theme of Legion.

Ayyyy!!!

I like it! Prob gonna change ability kills to increase in power str, but nice idea!

I'll credit you! +Kookie

Legion seems to me a little O.P :)

With this change... Very O.P haha... But, is a cool fanframe, I like it... You working in a concept art too? I would like to see an art.

On 30/03/2017 at 11:43 PM, (PS4)GamingGuerilla14 said:

1 hour ago, azak said:

Legion seems to me a little O.P :)

With this change... Very O.P haha... But, is a cool fanframe, I like it... You working in a concept art too? I would like to see an art.

Yeah, after looking at other warframes and their passive's, think Ima tone down the bonuses. As for concept art..... well.... let's just say that with my art skills, it's prob not gonna go so well lol.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

I thinks it'd awesome. Like a male Valkyr frame. What's he look like?

While I don't have an exact preference for how he's gonna look, I do have some ideas.

First, he prob is gonna have a masked legionnaire helmet like this guy (not my drawing, thanks google images):

76e2da4a9751796bc8e2239f76af624c.jpg

and the shoulder/ chest armor and leg armor prob is gonna stay.

Them, we remove all the pouches and camo outfit and replace it with something akin to Rhino's Palatine skin. Yeah.

That's it. Creative huh?

BTW, if anyone is actually stupid kind enough to make some sort of concept art, I'd welcome anything. Anything would be better than my subpar art skills (unless we are drawing buildings).

1 hour ago, Turtlemancer said:

Ok really flavorful though it feels a bit powerful, I cant really put my finger on any one thing to tune down, I know for certain the #1 is a bit too powerful, in fact I would swap out his #1 and #3.

Hmm, How about these balance changes?

Ability 1:

Duration no longer affected by power duration.

No longer forces puncture proc on to enemies\

Ability 2:

Damage reduced to 100 / 200 / 300 / 400

Duration reduced to 3 / 5 / 7 / 9

Ability 4:

% of Legion's damage dealt reduced to 15 / 30 / 45 / 60

Shadows now no longer mirror Legion's actions, but act like Ash's shadows in blade storm.

Thought's before I add them in?

Ability 1:

If an ability has a duration power duration should always effect it. The drop of puncture proc is smart, I would drop the immovable element if its a #1.

Ability 2:

I don't think damage is a big issue here, the duration decrease is a good idea tough. Don't get caught up too much in math. Overall this doesn't need to change much.

Ability 4:

Honestly I would make the shadows which spawn act like Loki's decoy or Saryns Molt. Except they still shoot at enemies dealing a portion of your weapon damage. So they randomly appear in the fog and taunt foes by shooting at them and deal a small amount of damage.

Also once I am done with my basic sketch of Anima I might try my hand at your frame you'll still want a better artist to come in after me but I can get the basic idea down.

Edited by Turtlemancer

24 minutes ago, Turtlemancer said:

Ability 1:

If an ability has a duration power duration should always effect it. The drop of puncture proc is smart, I would drop the immovable element if its a #1.

Ability 2:

I don't think damage is a big issue here, the duration decrease is a good idea tough. Don't get caught up too much in math. Overall this doesn't need to change much.

Ability 4:

Honestly I would make the shadows which spawn act like Loki's decoy or Saryns Molt. Except they still shoot at enemies dealing a portion of your weapon damage. So they randomly appear in the fog and taunt foes by shooting at them and deal a small amount of damage.

Also once I am done with my basic sketch of Anima I might try my hand at your frame you'll still want a better artist to come in after me but I can get the basic idea down.

< :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: >
       < ::::::::::::            ::::::::::::            :::::::::::: >
       < :::::::::                   ::::                   ::::::::: >
       < :::::::         ********     ::     ********         ::::::: >
       < :::::      ****          ****  ****         ****       ::::: >
       < ::::     ****               ****               ****     :::: >
       < :::     ****                 **                 ****     ::: >
       < :::     ****                                    ****     ::: >
       < ::::     ****                                  *****    :::: >
       < :::::     ****                                ****     ::::: >
       < :::::::     ****                            ****     ::::::: >
       < :::::::::     ****                        ****     ::::::::: >