The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Too Pay To Win Now

Feenster

What exactly are you 'Paying to win"? It is a free to play co-op game where you can grind out, or get via alert, 90% of the items in the game. So what item did they put in the store that you cannot buy and now the game has become 'Pay to win"? From my experiences that is usually the cause of these kinds of posts. 

Too bad most people use it to refer to paying to gain an advantage over others in a competitive environment.

Anyway, GTFO already. You said you were gonna quit. Why haven't you?

key word you used is most people and its a phrase used for a generalization it has a broad meaning and i never said i was going to quit however i am contemplating it

key word you used is most people and its a phrase used for a generalization it has a broad meaning and i never said i was going to quit however i am contemplating it

'Kay.

But I've never seen a single person use P2W like that.

WAITAMINUTE, it's entirely optional, overpriced and no one wants to buy it. Why give a F*** about it?

Edited by Rengakun

I agree, I have never seen the term pay2win used like that either. Pay to win is a term used to describe a game where you can't achieve success in the game without using rl money to accomplish that goal. Many free to play Korean MMOs are like this when it comes to competative play.

As Warframe a PvE game, and all non-comsetic gear is obtainable just by playing the game, it is the furthest thing from the term "pay to win."

So what if someone wants to buy a warframe instead of farming for one or buy materials for whatever. Its not hurting you or anyone else one bit. No one is forcing you to pay for anything so keep playing just like you were before the update. I cant believe people give a crap if someone else would rather spend money or grind. The crying will never end in the forums, its horrible how many ungrateful people there are.

Oh? You can win this game by getting some resources? I never knew that winning Warframe was so easy!

Hah. 

Warframe here is my wallet........... and here is me uninstalling................just a cheap money grab update 9 renamed "operation deep pockets".

(why uninstall?) Well, aside from being over dramatic?

i make over 100 dollars an hour irl 30 plat in bundles like the 250 dollar 8k plat founders pack make 30 plat nothing to myself and alot of other people w/ already established careers it comes down to people wanting to work for 3 hours for more mats than they could farm all week  if they played 8 hours a day for 7 days straight. One of my friends just tested this he makes much more than i do and he created and finished a dojo using all plat tonight w/ all rooms when we have been working towards a clan dojo over the course of months for me that takes any prestige of having clan weapons out of the game all together. I mean i cannot be alone in this w/ a random drop system for blueprints the grind really comes down to the mat farming thats what has kept me playing. I hope my views on this change as it is 5 13 am here but i doubt it.

I gotta ask what it is you do out of plain curiosity. $100 an hour?

So what if someone wants to buy a warframe instead of farming for one or buy materials for whatever. Its not hurting you or anyone else one bit. No one is forcing you to pay for anything so keep playing just like you were before the update. I cant believe people give a crap if someone else would rather spend money or grind. The crying will never end in the forums, its horrible how many ungrateful people there are.

I don't have a problem w/ their old buisness model it's the introduction of mats into the market that create a gaming enviroment that can or will i should say take away alot of the end game prestige I need to go to work so this will be my last QQ post

I don't have a problem w/ their old buisness model it's the introduction of mats into the market that create a gaming enviroment that can or will i should say take away alot of the end game prestige I need to go to work so this will be my last QQ post

Ah, I just figured out OP's motives.

OP is butt hurt that rich people can throw Plat to get Mats while he has to grind for Mats.

Really OP?

Meh, I am surprised to see it, but I don't mind it.

...As long as Material Gathering is still held in a reasonable state.

I understand many see that having an item available with real money makes it... "tempting" for the devs to make said item harder to aquire in the game, as a means of direct increase in profit...

And I assume the devs are aware that stigma and don't intend to commit it.

look up what Pay to win means first.

then google runes of magic pay to win.

then come back.

(also just got 4gallum 3morhpic in 1 war run -_-, took 10min cos was lvling bow :D)

Edited by shisuih

Pay to save time.

Some of us have jobs, and some of us have jobs that require us to put in more hours than others.
As this game is based on grind the level of progression for those with less of it becomes much less noticeable, the game becomes much less entertaining and therefore you cannot retain players unless you add a shortcut.

People will drop off if they can't get the things they want that are only unobtainable to them due to time and no other restrictions.

As long as people with the time can get their hands on whatever mechanic affecting things you can buy then I don't see an issue. How are they winning? They can't craft better stuff than you with their purchased materials can they?

LOOK A DEAD HORSE!!!

BEAT IT ! !! !

OP has no idea what he/she is talking about. this thread needs to be locked before someones IQ falls so low that they think warframe is "pay to win"

Lets see p2w.

I wana control module.

I should pay 1$ OR

I can just rush to hyena and get it.

How can this get translated in P2W ?

It wouldave been p2w IF,

i could only get the item once a day (or week) or if there was any limit with farming a boss !!

Lets see p2w.

I wana control module.

I should pay 1$ OR

I can just rush to hyena and get it.

How can this get translated in P2W ?

It wouldave been p2w IF,

i could only get the item once a day (or week) or if there was any limit with farming a boss !!

Hek you don't even have to rush hyena, just open some locker and/or loot containers for loads of control modules. :P