The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Too Pay To Win Now

Feenster

i don't understand your point. yes, game is and will be pay to win.

but i get more then 10+ rare mats per hour! 

EXAMPLE: i done 1 nightmare mission on jupiter and got 3 neural sensors. pre patch i would need more then hour to get 1-2.

rare mats drop to good. but if you will mean slots, clan stuff and etc. ofc its pay to win. patches are very good so i have no problems with that

I have a question. What exactly am I winning with my money? I thought we all win in a coop mission?

Not sure what you winning but would think others would win with your money as they get helped finish the missions if they not strong enough =P

being able to buy mats in the marketplace just ruins the game for me i spent hours on end last week farming 20 control modules and now i got 15 in one run? & ontop of that you can buy every mat for 30 plat in bundles i wish i could refund the founders pack i bought last week to support them i am not cool w/ this it's totally changed the grind element for me why farm for 3 hours for 1500 circuits when you can pay 2 bucks for it i am not cool w/ this at all. way too pay to win even more than before at least before the materials gave us an end game and a sense of prestige w/ this patch its all gone 

(rolls eyes)

Nothing has changed... It was P2W to begin with. Buying mats or buying weapons, warframes instantly - what's the difference, plat was and is a currency capable of buying in-game content, giving shortcuts to players that pay up. 

But most people say it's ok, because Free to play players can still access that content, which is total bullS#&$ by the way. 

people complain about this which is basically no different that pushing the rush build button or buying frames outright. But there's no complaints about crap like vuaban which is alot closer (alert reward only and "coincedentally" the best warframe)

I have a question. What exactly am I winning with my money? I thought we all win in a coop mission?

I'll go on and say it - You are one dumb mother #@*&$@. 

There is no actual "winning" in any MMORPG. It's the difference between players that pay up real cash and those that don't. 

If the game provides you with market that has ingame changing elements - it's pay to win, because you pay up to keep up or be ahead of players that don't use $ but their effort. 

that kind of problem is often found with free to play games. Finding a market that is fair against every player is hard, but there is always the option to add real cash currency alternative that can boost the effectiveness of existing ingame currency or just straight forward replace it. Or there is always the cheapest method - allow players to buy power with cash. 

Edited by WingsOfGryphin

Pay to save time.

Some of us have jobs, and some of us have jobs that require us to put in more hours than others.

As this game is based on grind the level of progression for those with less of it becomes much less noticeable, the game becomes much less entertaining and therefore you cannot retain players unless you add a shortcut.

People will drop off if they can't get the things they want that are only unobtainable to them due to time and no other restrictions.

As long as people with the time can get their hands on whatever mechanic affecting things you can buy then I don't see an issue. How are they winning? They can't craft better stuff than you with their purchased materials can they?

And you just defined the whole purpose while people are nagging about "pay to win"

It's like buying cheats to skip forward in progression. Cheating is always &!$$ing people off, no matter how it is justified, especially if we are talking about game where you play together with other players globally. 

Edited by WingsOfGryphin

being able to buy mats in the marketplace just ruins the game for me i spent hours on end last week farming 20 control modules and now i got 15 in one run? & ontop of that you can buy every mat for 30 plat in bundles i wish i could refund the founders pack i bought last week to support them i am not cool w/ this it's totally changed the grind element for me why farm for 3 hours for 1500 circuits when you can pay 2 bucks for it i am not cool w/ this at all. way too pay to win even more than before at least before the materials gave us an end game and a sense of prestige w/ this patch its all gone 

Whiner.

people complain about this which is basically no different that pushing the rush build button or buying frames outright. But there's no complaints about crap like vuaban which is alot closer (alert reward only and "coincedentally" the best warframe)

OOOO, people do complain. Especially me. Hate Vauban BECAUSE I CAN'T GET IT. 

And you just defined the whole purpose while people are nagging about "pay to win"

It's like buying cheats to skip forward in progression. Cheating is always &!$$ing people off, no matter how it is justified, especially if we are talking about game where you play together with other players globally. 

You don't have to put it that dramatically, y'know.

Either way, you're just Butt hurt/Butt mad now.

I honestly think that if warframe was a pvp fps, whereby paying players could access exclusive better gear, allowing them to obliterate free players . ... Then that would be pay to win

Shallow look on it. 

It's like saying - Buying better gear with cash in PvP is not Pay2Win because it doesn't move you further in your life. 

It matters on what context you put "winning" 

Exactly. Because i have reason to be. 

Just deal with it. This is a game. Calm down first.

Do you want to put up with the S#&$ this game throws at you? If no, whine more and quit the game. If yes, just deal with it.

wow i guess people do not know what pay to win is. Check Dragon Nest. That's pay to win for you. pay for pets that give stats, pay for costumes that give stats... you don't know what pay to win is. So please stop.

Well, to be accurate sir, this would not be pay to win. If you think about it logically, if you're farming for the resources instead of buying them with plat, you'd have more of an advantage cause you're leveling up your stuff by farming... contrary to the insta acquirement of resources + 0 experience. So no, it's not pay to win and I think it's actually nice for people who have 1000+ plat. 

I'll go on and say it - You are one dumb mother #@*&$@. 

There is no actual "winning" in any MMORPG. It's the difference between players that pay up real cash and those that don't. 

If the game provides you with market that has ingame changing elements - it's pay to win, because you pay up to keep up or be ahead of players that don't use $ but their effort. 

that kind of problem is often found with free to play games. Finding a market that is fair against every player is hard, but there is always the option to add real cash currency alternative that can boost the effectiveness of existing ingame currency or just straight forward replace it. Or there is always the cheapest method - allow players to buy power with cash. 

Still what advantage are you gaining in a team based game?

If this was PVP I would understand however its not, everyone kills the same boss, kills the same enemies and gets to extraction together regardless of what loadout someone has. Nobody loses out everyone gets the same share. 

For example I went on a match with a few paying players and we ended up fighting the stalker, we all got the blueprint for hate and nobody was better than anyone else. We worked as a team to help each other out not dominate each other to see whos the biggest competitor.

Not like someone yells out "haha noobs cannot kill stalker I beat stalker because I have best gear u noobs" 

Edited by Palkora

wow i guess people do not know what pay to win is. Check Dragon Nest. That's pay to win for you. pay for pets that give stats, pay for costumes that give stats... you don't know what pay to win is. So please stop.

That's what I would call P2W of the 3rd degree .

For Warframe, it's just F2P. Deal with what the Devs throw at you for free. Payers don't really get much of an advantage other than not grinding as much. Time=Money. That's a (Mostly) Fair Trade.

I'm not really raging about S#&$ like this. I don't really mind this. I just play Warframe and deal with it, unless DE screws me over (Which hasn't happened yet).

It's not pay to win, and honestly if you actually choose to buy instead of farming then what's the point of even playing this game? This game revolves around farming and by actually choosing to pick the easier way to acquire things (buying components/materials in the market etc.) you're actually taking the fun out of it.