Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Don't Like Those New Boss Fight Rules

cary2010haha

those new boss already have "very low" drop rates, and they become invincible by just take a little bit damage, that just wasting our time.

we build up our equipment for more effective farming, and this charge just make it meaning lesss

And this change is worse then adding tons of hp on a boss, because we can do nothing to shorter the fight

Edited by Cary2010haha

The boss has been out for a freaking day, man. Wait for people to figure out how to take it out. Honestly, not all bosses can be cleared in five seconds.

I obtained them all within the hour U9 was launched with a group of friends. I had a Frost in the group that blocked off the massive damage.

Also, he does have an invulnerability phase which you have to sit through. He will become vulnerable again, though.

People complained the bosses and game was to easy, before complaining about them being harder, please bang your head off of a wall

it didn't harder, it just become invicible and waste our time to wait the boss wake, and we can't do anything to shorting it's invicble time and we just can use our time to wait

The boss has been out for a freaking day, man. Wait for people to figure out how to take it out. Honestly, not all bosses can be cleared in five seconds.

I obtained them all within the hour U9 was launched with a group of friends. I had a Frost in the group that blocked off the massive damage.

Also, he does have an invulnerability phase which you have to sit through. He will become vulnerable again, though.

i just don't want to wait, it doesn't make us have more fun, you use gd eq fight it one time and you know, "fcuk invicible time to slow down our farming speed"

People complained the bosses and game was to easy, before complaining about them being harder, please bang your head off of a wall

And I complained about people complaining because I knew making the game more difficult would simply raise other complaints. That's what you always get for blindly listening to your fan base.

Also, people were complaining because they didn't find even level 100 enemies to be a challenge. So I don't see how raising enemies to level 50-70 makes the game more difficult. It just makes everything take longer.

I don't know about the rest of you, but the new Vor is pretty damn entertaining. I'm sorry that the new mechanics mean you can't mindlessly spew bullets at him for a few seconds until he drops what you want, but monotonous farming is something that both the devs and the community want the game to move away from. Adjusting the drop rates for materials and improving variations in gameplay are both excellent changes. Simmer down, and go farm morphics off of Nef Anyo before he gets upgraded.

I don't know about the rest of you, but the new Vor is pretty damn entertaining. I'm sorry that the new mechanics mean you can't mindlessly spew bullets at him for a few seconds until he drops what you want, but monotonous farming is something that both the devs and the community want the game to move away from. Adjusting the drop rates for materials and improving variations in gameplay are both excellent changes. Simmer down, and go farm morphics off of Nef Anyo before he gets upgraded.

He's not complaining about Vor (who is indeed a very entertaining boss fight now), he's complaining about Raptor, the new Corpus Osprey boss in Europa. The Raptor basically does nothing but float there in the sky raining homing missiles down on everyone at 400+ damage a pop, as well as some kind of mine, and has an invincibility phase somewhere along the line where it closes its wings and becomes completely invulnerable while it regenerates its shields. Quite frankly, the Raptor is a horrible boss that needs A LOT of work, just like all of the other bosses. Guess DE needed to throw in a "placeholder" boss for the Nova...except the Raptor's drop table is bugged as hell and a lot of people have reported not getting any drops whatsoever, no mods no mats no nothing, much less BPs.

yeah, you better buy everything by plat. and enjoy the game. Even the materials now can buy, right?

But "seek" pistol must need to farm from "Vor" and the "new mechanics" just wasting our time and not fun.

HAHA! Eat invincibility, stupid rushers!

Do you know some of the new nightmare missions require you to rush? Oh, you obviously didn't.

Anyway, there should be a way to end his invunerability, like clearing all minions that he spawn or some other objective. It's not too bad, he's easy to kill.

Do you know some of the new nightmare missions require you to rush? Oh, you obviously didn't.

Anyway, there should be a way to end his invunerability, like clearing all minions that he spawn or some other objective. It's not too bad, he's easy to kill.

Yep, it should give us a way to shorter the invunerabitily, take more skills than just sit and wait it end

BOSS with infinite shield or 99% defense ?

Get your new Acrid 1.0 Poison Pistol (Rifle?). Kill em with in secs.  !

Get Acrid = Problem solved !

useless man, invincble is invincble, not like jackly's shield, nothing can hurt them and you just can waste your time to wait they wake

By time all the bosses are finished everyone is going to complain all the bosses are the same again.

OP has a point 2 "new" boss redesigns and players fight them the exact same way as Jackal. Shoot it until it's invincibility is down or shoot it until it uses invincibility. Nothing new at all.

Making a boss momentarily invulnerable is not improving gameplay. It's just prolonging your farming now. It's the lazy way of going about solving the issue of "easy" bossing. OP is right about modding our frames and weapons to kill efficiently. If anything I hope they don't follow through with a damage cap that causes bosses to turn invulnerable for a few seconds.That totally limits our DPS. IF they want enemies to cast invulnerability then it should happen randomly since they're so good with RNG

Making a boss momentarily invulnerable is not improving gameplay. It's just prolonging your farming now. It's the lazy way of going about solving the issue of "easy" bossing. OP is right about modding our frames and weapons to kill efficiently. If anything I hope they don't follow through with a damage cap that causes bosses to turn invulnerable for a few seconds.That totally limits our DPS. IF they want enemies to cast invulnerability then it should happen randomly since they're so good with RNG

Ya, and if DE set next boss's invincble time to 30 mins, everyone will buy the new frame in plat. 

Someone on another post made the point that if your farming a unit your doing it because you sort of have to, and you in no way really want to farm the unit but are forced to do so. Making this harder isn't very productive as it makes the person who is forced to farm the boss have a even harder time doing so. If you want the game to not be a grind fest then you don't have the person be require to farm the boss in the first place, which is not going to happen. Making the person spend 10x more time to try and get something isn't going to keep them in the game, it's only going to ward them away. Cough Rusty Hearts... if you think punishing a person to farm the same boring thing for even a longer amount of time, when they clearly don't want to is going to help anything your clearly wrong. Drag the game to it's grave is all I see, devs in my opinion didn't think anything through well enough. Cater to the most highest levels is not really a way to keep a game alive, sure high level players will be happy with the change as they still one shot stuff and can laugh at the new players, but how many new players will appear now? I basically will no longer ask anyone to play with me, because this game isn't newbie friendly in anyway anymore it's plain painful to play. Hardcore base is not the way a game should progress, and definitely not in a pve game. If this was pvp it would be ok, but this is a pve game which fun did exist, but now fun is disappearing rapidly and in my eyes not returning.

Someone on another post made the point that if your farming a unit your doing it because you sort of have to, and you in no way really want to farm the unit but are forced to do so. Making this harder isn't very productive as it makes the person who is forced to farm the boss have a even harder time doing so. If you want the game to not be a grind fest then you don't have the person be require to farm the boss in the first place, which is not going to happen. Making the person spend 10x more time to try and get something isn't going to keep them in the game, it's only going to ward them away. Cough Rusty Hearts... if you think punishing a person to farm the same boring thing for even a longer amount of time, when they clearly don't want to is going to help anything your clearly wrong. Drag the game to it's grave is all I see, devs in my opinion didn't think anything through well enough. Cater to the most highest levels is not really a way to keep a game alive, sure high level players will be happy with the change as they still one shot stuff and can laugh at the new players, but how many new players will appear now? I basically will no longer ask anyone to play with me, because this game isn't newbie friendly in anyway anymore it's plain painful to play. Hardcore base is not the way a game should progress, and definitely not in a pve game. If this was pvp it would be ok, but this is a pve game which fun did exist, but now fun is disappearing rapidly and in my eyes not returning.

+100