Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to play the new Limbo

mrbeefy15

Question

I'm trying to find out the best way to use Limbo's abilities.

First, I dash into the rift to avoid all incoming damage.

I cast Stasis to start the Stasis buff.

I cast Cataclysm on a group of enemies.

I cast Rift Surge on all enemies in the rift.

I close Cataclysm and dash back into the rift to avoid damage.

When I close Cataclysm, Rift Surged enemies stay in the rift and are still affected by Stasis so they are free to be damaged but aren't affected by Rift Surge anymore so I could cast Rift Surge on them again after I dash back in to get the Rift Torrent buff.

I max efficiency with level 4 Fleeting Expertise and level 4 Streamline, Transient Fortitude, Primed Continuity, Primed Flow, Quick Thinking, Stretch, Rift Torrent and Energy Siphon.

Does Rift Torrent affect the amount of damage Cataclysm does?

How do you optimally use Limbo's abilities?

What mods do you run?

Are enemies who are under Stasis open for finisher attacks? Is it a stealth finisher?

Thanks!

Edited by mrbeefy15

8 answers to this question

depends - I don't really use Rift Surge

for Defense-Missions or something like the sorties yesterday:

175 efficiency, 250 range, 125 strength (so low duration)

spamming cataclysm while trying to stay in the rift so casting the cata further away

normal build is about 130 efficience, 240 duration, 145 range, 40 strength; staying in the rift, if I want to kill enemies stasis (first for sure) + cata and melee or dread

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

Why do you close your cataclysm after you use rift surge? Enemies banish themselves back to the rift so im confused to why you close it

I think he does this that other people in his game aren't disturbed by stasis or that the stasis isn't "closed" because of the mass of projectiles

Edited by Nacond

47 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

Why do you close your cataclysm after you use rift surge? Enemies banish themselves back to the rift so im confused to why you close it

I do it so I get the radial banish after Rift Surge and so I'm flamed for Stasis being an annoyance.

I just played a match and i could do a finishing attack on enemies who were under stasis. I don't know if it was a stealth finisher though. Probably not.

It isn't a stealth finisher. When you close Cataclysm while Rift Surged enemies are in it, they are staggered and are open to ground finishers.

Edited by mrbeefy15

3 hours ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

care to elaborate?

What exactly? Cataclysm deals more damage the more enemies are inside it when it closes, and that damage doesn't scale with power strength. So you use stretch and overextended to cover as many enemies as possible, and deactivate cataclysm right after casting it so more enemies are inside it when it closes.

Stasis freezes enemies so they don't kill you while you are recasting cataclysms.

4 hours ago, Nyaa314 said:

What exactly? Cataclysm deals more damage the more enemies are inside it when it closes, and that damage doesn't scale with power strength. So you use stretch and overextended to cover as many enemies as possible, and deactivate cataclysm right after casting it so more enemies are inside it when it closes.

Stasis freezes enemies so they don't kill you while you are recasting cataclysms.

Jesus, they should've seen this comming >.> been missing this information as the limbo rework has yet to come to consoles. Looked trough other posts and even seen things like 10% of the momentan health beein taken into consideration upon cata dispell... 10 enemys with full health equals 100% damage. Of course people are gonna abuse it. 

Welp, as long as they keep stasis and rift surge untouched...