Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Amprex or Soma Prime

Yusif854

Question

Title. Which is better for killing 300 level enemies where amprex's chaining becomes useless? Because when I ask this people say amprex because it chains and kills a lot of enemies at once. So I put a high level where amprex's chaining becomes useless. (Don't tell this is better because rivens. This is without rivens!!!)

6 answers to this question

Well, amprex can do status procs (corrosive, for example) more reliably, compared to soma prime. Amprex also can hit more than 1 enemy without mods for it, while soma prime requires 1 slot for it (shred).

Only gripe is continuous weapons suck in ticking damage, and needs a buff.

uhm, at a mission where 300 lvl enemies spawn, both of the soma p and amprex will be useless, whole mag and ammo wont even be able to half the enemies' health, and if you just stand there and shoot them, they will just instakill you if they are 300lvl... at that point, all i can suggest is use naramon shadow step with galatine prime etc...

On 04/03/2017 at 7:57 AM, p3z1 said:

Well, amprex can do status procs (corrosive, for example) more reliably, compared to soma prime. Amprex also can hit more than 1 enemy without mods for it, while soma prime requires 1 slot for it (shred).

Only gripe is continuous weapons suck in ticking damage, and needs a buff.

If you use shred on Amprex and hit multiple enemies with the main beam each enemy hit will produce additional arcs.  The damage stacks up crazy high if you can hit 3 or more with the main beam.  I'm using a Riven with crit chance, multishot, and punchthrough.