Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Difficulty Upgrade - Thank You! :d

Soaron

Personally, I don't mind the difficulty boost. What I do mind is how it starts right off the bat, eases off, and then picks right back up. It should scale up as you delve further into the solar system, not as you delve into the first planet.

Also, nightmare missions should probably be optional for the sole reason that a new player will not know the difference - give a person a choice to play the regular or nightmare mode of a mission on a planet, or tell them that a mission will be on nightmare for x more minutes, after which it will return to being just a normal mission.

On this note, I'm already liking some of the mods with dual abilities. You get a lot of those by doing the Nightmare missions.

Some of you say that now it takes longer to kill things. On DE's defense, I would say this.

Now is the time to Forma the crap out of your weapon. Max out every MOD on it. Yes, this will take days, even months, maybe. But at the end your weapons will be so maxed out that it won't take that long to kill things. Maybe that is the point of increasing the difficulty, it's not so that you can stay with the same method forever.

Already got 5 Forma into my Saryn with Vitality 9 and Redirection 8, 5 Forma into my Braton with Serration 8, I doubt the last couple ranks will be that much of a game-changer, thank you very much. With the new boss health, Forma and high level mods have become practically a requirement for farming many of the bosses, rather than an option that you only had to choose if you wanted to solo T3 void or go to high defense waves.

Previously you had the option of farming just a bit and being able to experience the majority of the content and build almost any frame you wanted, or farming for 100s of hours and going for the handful of toughest challenges. Now the farm wall got extended to more planets and frames, and that means the average player will get to experience less of the game and have fewer frames to choose from.

Like I said, I feel bad for people who didn't get the frame of their dreams before the update. Some people ran a boss 100 times to get all the parts, now multiply that by 4 with the new levels and health and you get the image.

Edited by Winterbraid

Same here. Thanks DE. Now balance the mod rarity and amount of materials you get from doing a more difficult mission. Thanks.

PLEASE.  PLEASE.  Fix this issue.  There are way too many mods and "rare" resources dropping to the point where they are now worthless...

If by rocking the boat you mean stating my opinion, then yes.

You're not just stating your opinion. When you make a quote like you did to a statement like mine, it looks like of like you're either mocking me or trying to "rock the boat". That wasn't an opinion. It looked like a smart-&#! remark. >.>

Well, good to know I have to unequip my sentinel and all high level gear if I want to level up a new frame. Level 46-50 enemies simply decimate me unless I play on my Rhino or Frost.

It's not like my sentinel (potatoed) could last anyways. Using Speed to run past 5 Grineer resulted in my shields depleted, 8 health remaining, and my sentinel blown to shreds with all regens expended (It had at least 3 remaining). All that was before I got halfway through the room. Needless to say, I got screwed over royally once I tried to leave my hiding spot (All ammo drops were for gear I wasn't using). I guess I'm just terrible at cover-based shooters.

So, if you want to level any low level frames do not play until you can find a group or have sufficiently strong gear to take on scaled enemies.

Edit:

Instead of a ninja dispatching enemies left and right, I feel like either a) a standard grunt on my Rhino/Frost or b) a bloody coward on Volt/Ember. That's only because the latter aren't max level yet. The exp rewards are too little for the difficulty, so leveling them makes no sense to me.

Edited by Rand0mNumbers

The Increase in difficulty is indeed welcome (Or more like number of enemies as has been said), however if your doing an area solo the difficulty should adjust to that 1 player. Adjust for two, and so on. Not just be ridiculously scaled on even the lowest level area. Yes I get it the dojos are easier to build now, but I don't play with others outside my clan (7 members and want to stay small with RL friends) so when their not on and I want to solo, its not worth the hassle without a balance.

Example -  Did a level 14 mobile defense with my wife, I had a level 16 warframe I was trying to level and she had a level 20 warframe both of our weapons are upper 20's and pretty well modded with plenty of dmg upgrades and we failed it because these level 14-17 grineer were like trying to kill level 50's on pluto before the patch.

I could even agree that this step does seem like a way to make players buy plat. Because it will often be more annoying to farm, etc. Just how I feel, intended or not.

Edited by Synicus

Optional please. My games are going to end up being more lonely now because I have the bug where randoms can't join me and not everyone is going to be doing nightmare on the level I select. 

Nightmare is going to be a nightmare.

Edited by Naith

difficulty upgrade is worst idea ever, its ok for endgame but early on ? im not having fun now 3 clips instead of one is not more fun, harder does not equal more fun, it completely changes the game. I was gonna buy some more plat but now I want a refund for my remaining plat :D twas fun being a ninja kthxbye

Edited by Tr1ples1xer

All they did was boost the numbers, creating fake difficulty.
While its a welcome change, when a max redirection, max Iron Skin, rank 30 Rhino goes down in a matter of seconds (Faster than he could stomp), it becomes a little silly.
Certainly those kind of fights could be fun if they weren't a majority of what you have to play through.

It further promotes rushing for bosses and ignoring fights.
Yes, it satisfies part of the community, the hardcore players and maybe the occasional hipster who claims to be casual, but alienates new players and people who don't actually want to be a ragdoll 80% of the time.

Yep like someone said on another thread I want to relax and have a good time with my mates, 10 times more enemies is not more fun its just more frustrating imo. this game went from '' wow I can build everything in the game if I play a bit more thats brilliant, lets give them some real money for their hard work and awesome game'' to ''wow what have they done, this is just crazy anoyingly hard now not fun at all anymore, lets see If i can get a refund for my plats'' so so sad, its not harder its more tedious , booooo.

Perhaps I'm the minority here, but I thought generally speaking, making things more difficult makes them more fun, as long as its actually difficult and not "cheap" difficult.

And let me state this right now.  Almost every single time I've heard someone say a boss or enemy is "cheap", they are wrong about 4 out of 5 times.  The problem is that people equate "enemy intelligence" to "cheapness".  I have heard people call Vor "cheap" because you can't just stand in one spot and shoot him, or that his bubble is somehow too OP.  There are cheap enemies, but the truth is they are few and far in between, and I honestly can't think of any enemy right now that makes me want to rage quit.  Hell the closest thing to a "cheap" boss right now is Raptor, and even that isn't too bad cause his obscenely powerful attack is really obviously telegraphed, happens infrequently, and easily avoidable by getting into cover.

The point is that every one whines non stop about how easy the game is, and then when they bump the difficulty up so that it isn't babbies first shooter, everyone absolutely loses their mind because they can't rip high level enemies on Pluto to shreds anymore with little to no effort. 

Again, lets be honest here.  Everyone who is veteran who S#&$s on the increase difficulty says that it will invariably repel newcomers.  Now lets see here... the only complaints that I have actually seen from newcomers to the game about the increased difficulty are those who are forced to do nightmare mode on mercury when just starting out, and I believe there was one talking about how he was having a bit of difficulty even touching Vor (who was level 100+ at the time, which has since been fixed).

See here is the issue.  I've got the feeling that a lot of these veterans truly do believe that increased difficulty suddenly makes this game like a steaming pile of garbage to new players, but the thing about new players it that they are new.  Meaning they have no basis of comparison before the update, so this so called new player repeller isn't going to have this drastic "man this game is SO bad, its WAY too difficult" effect that so many nay sayers seem to predict.

So, I suppose...

tldr- Increased difficulty will almost defintely have a negligible negative effect on the player base. 

Keep practicing? There was lvl 40 nightmare mode mission just on Mercury. If a new player meets this - he will 100% abandon the game. He will never be able to pass this mission.

From what I understand, he won't even see Nightmare mode. It's bound to Mastery. If you are Mastery 9, you will find Nightmare everywhere. If you are not, then not. Also, Nightmare missions "wander", shifting from mission to missions. They cycle.

The system is pretty damn sweet.

Try telling that to casual players who just want to play for fun. Not everyone is in it to "get better at it".

Well, there are still plenty of missions at the level the game was at before, if people want to have the same difficulty as before, they can. If they want a more challenging game, they can have that too. Both sides have their levels to play on, it's not like you're being forced to play through Ceres, Neptune and Pluto you know.

Like I said, I feel bad for people who didn't get the frame of their dreams before the update. Some people ran a boss 100 times to get all the parts, now multiply that by 4 with the new levels and health and you get the image.

I probably ran about 100 Ember blueprint missions way before U9. The mission was stupidly easy but the drop rate made it so much more difficult to get it I almost gave up. ATM my little Ember is forging at the Foundry, and when I finally got the last piece it was one of the most satisfying moments I've had in WF, not because of the fight, but because of the chance of getting the item. That actually isn't good, so I totally welcome harder missions that used to be easy, they should even be ridiculously hard so that your "maxed" out WF loses but if you win you get 75% chance of more rare items, etc; give the player a reward for damage done, speed in killing enemies and other things that could increase the chance of rare materials dropping... I don't think U9 made any difference on how ridiculous drop rates can be in this game. After U9 I still wish some missions were a lot harder.

Edited by Soaron

While I appreciate the ability to play more difficult content and really like Nightmare Mode, I'm sure a new player will not. I don't even know why Nightmare Mode isn't already a toggleable option. Early game content is not really in ideal condition atm.