Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Play as enemy Specter

nameomnz

Whouldn't it be fun to play as Grineer specter like bombard or Corpus specter like Nullifier

Maybe made invasion a PvP zone where you play as a specter and fight for that faction.

This could also be alternitive conclave for a person that don't like Parkour 2.0 in conclave

Rewards could also be higher like x5 Field Drones in single run or mixed with reward from the opposite faction like you actually steal the loot from them. But everyone should deserves the reward.

Playing as the enemy faction is an interesting idea, it offers a chance to explore the game in a different way. I am now going to go into detail about how playing as an enemy could work.

I think this would be the perfect opportunity to play the game without bullet jump or parkour, in it's place you have unique enemy abilities.

Here are some:

That inflatable cover thing

ivara-like guided missle

that heavy unit shockwave

throwing out your floating corpus sentry buddy

having a nullifier bubble

stealing enemy weapons as the kubrow master

having cat buddies as the kavat grineer

bursa friends

grenades

I'm sure there are some I am missing, but you get the idea.

By removing bulletjump/parkour/warframe abilities, the game becomes VERY different. It could even be justified in universe by saying you are possessing a lancer/tech/gunner/bombard in order to help them in their war against the other faction.

But, an idea's just an idea, what do you guys think?

It certainly adds a fresh twist on the "Bullet-Dash-to-the-Objective-then-get-to-Extraction-asap" game warframe seems to have turned into. This could be an interesting PvP aspect as well. If you're controlling a lone Lancer in the throng of Grineer trying to sabotage an attacking Corpus ship you'd never know that the Elite crewman cutting down your ranks was another tenno supporting the Corpus Advance. Invasions, much like what DS used to be, could house a war-like PvP. But instead of requiring an enemy to fight it would just be AI controlled baddies. 

If no tenno join the other side you'd have a standard mission (albeit one run as a lowly grunt instead of Decimation Incarnate) but if Tenno do join the opposition there would be a definite battle for victory. Losing would merely mean not getting a count towards battle pay but the incentive would be there. 

Suppose we were to use our operator's transference to control the Grunts and avoid stamping the Tenno's name on "We Support the Corpus/Grineers position in this war" There'd even be the option to swap units mid battle. Nulli bubble blocking all your Hind shots-swap to bombard and target the Bubble-drone. Bombards blasting bubble buddies? Switch to sniper and sneak some shots in. Sniper dropping your bombards? RELEASE THE KATS!

1 hour ago, RICK_BO said:

It certainly adds a fresh twist on the "Bullet-Dash-to-the-Objective-then-get-to-Extraction-asap" game warframe seems to have turned into. This could be an interesting PvP aspect as well. If you're controlling a lone Lancer in the throng of Grineer trying to sabotage an attacking Corpus ship you'd never know that the Elite crewman cutting down your ranks was another tenno supporting the Corpus Advance. Invasions, much like what DS used to be, could house a war-like PvP. But instead of requiring an enemy to fight it would just be AI controlled baddies. 

If no tenno join the other side you'd have a standard mission (albeit one run as a lowly grunt instead of Decimation Incarnate) but if Tenno do join the opposition there would be a definite battle for victory. Losing would merely mean not getting a count towards battle pay but the incentive would be there. 

Suppose we were to use our operator's transference to control the Grunts and avoid stamping the Tenno's name on "We Support the Corpus/Grineers position in this war" There'd even be the option to swap units mid battle. Nulli bubble blocking all your Hind shots-swap to bombard and target the Bubble-drone. Bombards blasting bubble buddies? Switch to sniper and sneak some shots in. Sniper dropping your bombards? RELEASE THE KATS!

I really want this to be a thing in warframe.

Like turning a space ninja game into space war of faction

I believe they could tweek the unite or a weapon a bit, So every unit is fighting fair within rule

But don't just straight up put Rock-Paper-Scicer mechanic on it.

Atleast make unit A counter unit B but if B is perform action X, unit B can counter A

Like if Nullifier block hind(Alt) attack, Lancer could switch to burst mode to counter nullifier But the burst fire of hind does low damage So this can give Nullifier a chance to counter Lancer. But if the Lancer switch to semi-auto mode then Nullifier can get annihilated. But the semi-auto mode fire so slow, The lanka shot maybe ready at full-charge that can deal lethal damage to Lancer. Then It will lead to which person can kill other first win.

9 hours ago, SPplayer76 said:

Playing as the enemy faction is an interesting idea, it offers a chance to explore the game in a different way. I am now going to go into detail about how playing as an enemy could work.

I think this would be the perfect opportunity to play the game without bullet jump or parkour, in it's place you have unique enemy abilities.

Here are some:

That inflatable cover thing

ivara-like guided missle

that heavy unit shockwave

throwing out your floating corpus sentry buddy

having a nullifier bubble

stealing enemy weapons as the kubrow master

having cat buddies as the kavat grineer

bursa friends

grenades

I'm sure there are some I am missing, but you get the idea.

By removing bulletjump/parkour/warframe abilities, the game becomes VERY different. It could even be justified in universe by saying you are possessing a lancer/tech/gunner/bombard in order to help them in their war against the other faction.

But, an idea's just an idea, what do you guys think?

Have bombard as Tank, Seeker

Lancer as Defender, Attacker

Kavat master as Rioter, Croud control 

Kubrow master as Rioter,Disarmer

Ballista as Range combat, Stunlock

Corpus tech as DPS, Shield charger

Nullifier as Defender, Range combat

Sniper crewman as Rioter, Range combat

Bursa as Croud control, Tank

Prod crewman as Melee Stunlock, Distraction

Edit: Uhh we forgot healer..

Edited by nameomnz

Maybe I stressed the Rock-paper-scissors hyperbole a bit much, but the option would be there to change unit by dropping into operator mode, finding the unit you want and possessing them. I was actually struggling with that a bit, Corpus sniper counters most Grineer quite well on his own. Deploying Ratrels to match Hyekka/Kavat, and hard single shots to take down heavy units with lots of armour. I guess Butchers and Scorpions would be the best to use against Corpus snipers. 

Plus it's lend another layer of preference to deciding which faction to fight for. "Awe man the corpus are offering Reactors but I'd rather fight as the grineer."