Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What frame to use focus lens on

ratsvein

Question

I've recently finished the second dream quest and got my first lens. im MR 5 and i have Ember,Limbo,Banshee,Valkyr frames. Should i use it on one of those? or should get other frames that will have faster focus farming.

12 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Honestly you should use it on a frame you use the most and have have fun with. 

Also, put a the same school lens on your fav weapon as well. This way obtaining focus points is easier and more natural 

i don't want say a stupid think but... isn't better use the lens only on weapons? i have few frame with greater lens on but never take so much affinity cuz i don't kill so much , instead with the lens on wep i can make more affinity xp cuz i always kill and if i want use different frame and farm affinity i can do it with no problem

If you are going to put it on a frame, you`ll have to put it on a frame that has good offensive skills. Otherwise, you won't get as much focus, because only 25% of the affinity earned by a weapon kill goes to the warframe, compared to the 100% you get from an enemy killed by the warframe itself. 

Edited by aligatorno

9 minutes ago, LIKE_A_PR3DAT0R said:

i don't want say a stupid think but... isn't better use the lens only on weapons? i have few frame with greater lens on but never take so much affinity cuz i don't kill so much , instead with the lens on wep i can make more affinity xp cuz i always kill and if i want use different frame and farm affinity i can do it with no problem

Im only at MR 5 and constantly changing weapons. thats why im leaning towards using it on a warframe

4 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

If you are going to put it on a frame, you`ll have to put it on a frame that has good offensive skills. Otherwise, you won't get as much focus, because only 25% of the affinity earned by a weapon kill goes to the warframe, compared to the 100% you get from an enemy killed by the warframe itself. 

do you think ember or limbo would be good for that?

1 minute ago, ratsvein said:

Im only at MR 5 and constantly changing weapons. thats why im leaning towards using it on a warframe

do you think ember or limbo would be good for that?

With my ember I can get easily get 1k focus on lower levels with the focus flower active.  In a full team and with the right build you`ll probably get quite a lot of focus in defense/interception/survival. Saryn is another great choice.  It's important to get as many kills as you can while the flower is active [ you`ll find a yellow glowing ball when you have a lens equipped. It will transfer 10% of all the affinity that you earn into focus]

For solo farming,  a stealth aproach is probably the most convenient. Try to get your hands on Ivara and a really heavy hitting weapon or a dagger with Cover Lethality on. Do an exterminate and assassinate as many as you can while the flower is active with a 500%  Stealth Affinity Bonus active.  

2 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

With my ember I can get easily get 1k focus on lower levels with the focus flower active.  In a full team and with the right build you`ll probably get quite a lot of focus in defense/interception/survival. Saryn is another great choice.  It's important to get as many kills as you can while the flower is active [ you`ll find a yellow glowing ball when you have a lens equipped. It will transfer 10% of all the affinity that you earn into focus]

For solo farming,  a stealth aproach is probably the most convenient. Try to get your hands on Ivara and a really heavy hitting weapon or a dagger with Cover Lethality on. Do an exterminate and assassinate as many as you can while the flower is active with a 500%  Stealth Affinity Bonus active.  

got it thx. i guess ill be using on ember. I find the idea of soloing with stealth somewhat tedious.

When focus farming the ones I find more reliable are:

1. Lens on both stealth warframe and covert lethality dagger.  Do solo Adaro (Sedna Exterminate) and keep killing unalerted enemies.  Ignore the alerted ones and just go back to them when they are no longer alerted.  Keeping your stealth multiplier bonus up will give high XP at the end of the mission.  Using Fury or Primed Fury on the dagger can make stealth kills a lot faster.

2. Lens on any warframe and high-damage/high-crit. melee weapon.  Do solo Selkie (Sedna Survival) with Naramon Shadow Step. This gives you 8x melee damage as well as 25% more XP on melee kills.

3. Lens on any warframe and weapon that can handle Hydron (Sedna) with a good squad.  This is ideal if you can form a squad you can always count on to finish waves after waves in a very efficient way.  This can also be applicable to any mission like Akkad (Eris) provided you can kill many enemies as fast as possible.

4. Lens on any warframe and weapon that can handle Endless Fissure Missions.

Good luck!

Edited by (PS4)Feox_PH

Focus affinity ratio equals the affinity ratio you'd get while leveling thy frames. Meaning that Hysteria Valkyr, SQ banshee and Ember are definitly a better pick then Weapon Valkyr and Sonar banshee are. Not sure about Limbo. Was he nerfed yet?

Anyways. Consider putting a lens on your favorite weapon too, should your kills root in weapon damage.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Don't over think this.  Just put it on Ember, your best kill whoring frame.  

You'll get more XP on frames that score a ton of kills.  Mesa and Mirage are two of my favorites for focus farming, but for where you are in the game, Ember is just as good and will get you a ton of kills and focus as you World on Fire through the star chart.