Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

4668 Mandachord requests fulfilled (rounds on Wednesdays)

Buff00n

Question

Yo chief, sorry if it's been suggested before (didn't find it in the commonly-asked-but-not-possible section, nor when searching the topic itself), but is it possible to do Time to Make History (Special Mix, link in spoiler below). I thought maybe 2:18 until however much fits in the mandachord could be a perfectly looping melody, but I ain't sure, so feel free to ignore that bit if it's wrong.

Thanks for all the cool songs, and have a good one!

1 hour ago, Nicosoares said:

Yo chief, sorry if it's been suggested before (didn't find it in the commonly-asked-but-not-possible section, nor when searching the topic itself), but is it possible to do Time to Make History (Special Mix, link in spoiler below). I thought maybe 2:18 until however much fits in the mandachord could be a perfectly looping melody, but I ain't sure, so feel free to ignore that bit if it's wrong.

Thanks for all the cool songs, and have a good one!

Oh, hmm.  Usually I have good luck with Persona OSTs, but I need an extra note above or below the Mandachord to get all four notes of the bass line.  Otherwise it doesn't sound even close.  Ironically, it's too simple.

15 hours ago, Craylinger said:

I'm hoping you can do some Ministry for me. Jesus built my hotrod, Just one Fix, Psalm 69, Dark side of the spoon, Thieves and Liars, The land of Rape and Honey. Hard to find something on the Mandachord that isn't just in the super high notes. Need some brutal hard core beats so Industrial will work.

How's this?

Just One Fix (Ministry): Mandachord (Original)

I also already had this one:

Jesus Built My Hotrod (Ministry): Mandachord (Original

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Craylinger said:

Ty very much. Now for the hard question as a new octavia player how do I take this song and put it on the Mandachord.

Unfortunately, the only option right now is to pause the video and do it with your eyeballs.

I feel like there are a few nice mandachord songs to be found in the music from the game Sayonara Wild Hearts. It's a rhythm game, so all songs have easy to follow beats and quite often repetitive melodies. I'll just leave the whole playlist here, in case you feel like listening to it all later:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLU1laEg7814DcnjdQafaU_2S50lufI9Uw

As for some actual specific suggestions:
- Track #4 - Doki Doki Rush has a nice repetitive theme (starting around 0:12) that should fit perfectly in the 4 measures of a mandachord song. If the melody works in D minor pentatonic is a different question.
- Track #5 - Begin Again: The chorus (starting around 1:08 and getting repeated later) could work, but probably needs some adjustments. Alternatively, maybe the small part leading up to the chorus (around 0:57)? The other parts of the song probably are too long/slow.
- Track #21 Transonic Gravity also has a nice repetitive theme (e.g. 0:06 - 0:18) that should fit the 4 measures. It's climbing an octave at the end, though, which would have to be changed.

Edited by Yoshimon1
timestamps

On 2020-08-06 at 12:32 AM, ApexNucleia said:

Please if you ever have time do the Predator theme song

or the Theme for Brinstar from the GBA Metroid zero mission.

Just the beginnings 

Sorry, can't make either of those work.

On 2020-08-04 at 9:49 PM, Yoshimon1 said:

I feel like there are a few nice mandachord songs to be found in the music from the game Sayonara Wild Hearts. It's a rhythm game, so all songs have easy to follow beats and quite often repetitive melodies. I'll just leave the whole playlist here, in case you feel like listening to it all later:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLU1laEg7814DcnjdQafaU_2S50lufI9Uw

As for some actual specific suggestions:
- Track #4 - Doki Doki Rush has a nice repetitive theme (starting around 0:12) that should fit perfectly in the 4 measures of a mandachord song. If the melody works in D minor pentatonic is a different question.
- Track #5 - Begin Again: The chorus (starting around 1:08 and getting repeated later) could work, but probably needs some adjustments. Alternatively, maybe the small part leading up to the chorus (around 0:57)? The other parts of the song probably are too long/slow.
- Track #21 Transonic Gravity also has a nice repetitive theme (e.g. 0:06 - 0:18) that should fit the 4 measures. It's climbing an octave at the end, though, which would have to be changed.

Okay, so I went through Track #5 before realizing Begin Again is actually track #6.  Since I didn't find anything doable in the three you mentioned, please accept this consolation prize:

Fighting Hearts (Sayonara Wild Hearts): Mandachord (Original)

22 hours ago, sulwh said:

Moving this from whispers as requested: I was wondering if I could get a manachord song that was Adau only with a saturated melody from the chorus of let it go. Thanks!

The one part of the song that works also happens to be okay with a filled melody:

Let it Go (Frozen): Mandachord (Original)

8 hours ago, Buff00n said:

Okay, so I went through Track #5 before realizing Begin Again is actually track #6.  Since I didn't find anything doable in the three you mentioned, please accept this consolation prize:

Fighting Hearts (Sayonara Wild Hearts): Mandachord (Original)

Oh, oops, sorry about that. I thought I checked the track numbers again when I added the time stamps...

But Fighting Hearts turned out really well! Thank you!