Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

4729 Mandachord requests fulfilled (rounds on Wednesdays)

Buff00n

Question

On 2022-03-24 at 12:18 AM, thecrimsonhouse said:

This is all amazing, but I can't help but notice a lack of Batman music! Have you tried Danny Elfman's? I completely get it if you can't; with the complete lack of an adjustable metronome, there are a lot of things that can't quite be done properly.

Good song, but I feel comfortable saying that nothing by Danny Elfman is ever going to work on a Mandachord.

21 hours ago, Buff00n said:

Good song, but I feel comfortable saying that nothing by Danny Elfman is ever going to work on a Mandachord.

Oof. Sorry to hear that. That's fine, but I was just wondering why? Not that I don't believe you, because I really do, as the one with obvious expertise, I'm just curious. Would love to hear why! Thank you so much for even responding to the first post!

40 minutes ago, thecrimsonhouse said:

Oof. Sorry to hear that. That's fine, but I was just wondering why? Not that I don't believe you, because I really do, as the one with obvious expertise, I'm just curious. Would love to hear why! Thank you so much for even responding to the first post!

The short answer is that Elfman tends to do very complex stuff, and the Mandachord is the opposite of that.

The long answer is for you to read this: "Elfman loves to use the full extent of the minor scale and all its variants (diatonic minor, harmonic minor, melodic minor), and modulate keys so often that it's not always clear what key a piece is in, whereas the Mandachord is stuck with five tones of the pentatonic scale in one key.", and Wikipedia all the terms you don't recognize.

I have been trying my best to get this to work, but I know next to nothing about music so mine always sounds off...but the base line seems pretty easy to me? Its a long song but the upbeat part from 1:13 to 2:30 is the part that I think would actually make a good mandachord song.