The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

4775 Mandachord requests fulfilled (rounds on Wednesdays)

Buff00n

Question

Hey Buff00n,

I'd like to see if you'd be able to create the chorus from the song: Big Sad by Balancing The Different.

I attempted to recreate the beat myself. However, I unfortunately don't have the ear needed to deconstruct the song instrumentally.

I have attached a timestamped link for song: https://youtu.be/e4bBEyCrl1E?si=iZUxVzctkuZFSXho&t=123

Thank you for taking the time to do these for us!

This isn't a request but rather a question to Buff00n.

Since you're the main Mandachord guy, what do you think of the Mandachord in its current state?

Do you feel it's too limited, and would you want to see more featured added, or the music capabilities expanded upon?

6 hours ago, Zahnrad said:

This isn't a request but rather a question to Buff00n.

Since you're the main Mandachord guy, what do you think of the Mandachord in its current state?

Do you feel it's too limited, and would you want to see more featured added, or the music capabilities expanded upon?

I think it's fine. At the end of the day, it's a very small part of a very large video game. It's not going to be Pro Tools. The fact that it's a legit musical instrument at all is far more than we had any right to expect from something primarily concerned with space ninjas.

The limitations mean it's pretty easy for anybody to make something that sounds kind of sort of okay, and also that multiple Octavias play well with each other more often than not. If you think troll Octavias are bad, it could have been oh so much worse.

That being said, if they were to do one thing then I would ask for a sixth tone above the other five. Adding the high D would give Octavia an actual full octave, and vastly increase the number of songs I can do.

• Like 1

could you pherhaps do ending song of the anime "More than a married couple but not lovers" i would be eternally greatefull 
or if you that dont work can you try "Eve, Psyche & The Bluebeards's Wife" by LE SSERAFIM

Edited by TerraPandaXD

On 2024-07-26 at 3:43 PM, LukaStormer said:

I was wondering if you could do "Dialga's Fight to the Finish!" from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky

Sorry, can't find anything in there I can do

On 2024-07-30 at 9:36 PM, _Blessie_ said:

Idk if this was already requested or done, but I was wondering if any parts from Red Swan from Attack on Titan could be played on the mandachord? 🙂

Sorry, can't make that work.

On 2024-07-31 at 9:28 PM, NovusTumus said:

Hi Buff00n :)

I would like to request the intro of Paranoid Android - Radiohead
Just the first 15 seconds or the first 10 seconds if that sounds better :)

Thank you!

Sorry, but the Mandachord doesn't really do that

On 2024-08-01 at 12:34 AM, ambusher91 said:

Hey Buff00n,

I'd like to see if you'd be able to create the chorus from the song: Big Sad by Balancing The Different.

I attempted to recreate the beat myself. However, I unfortunately don't have the ear needed to deconstruct the song instrumentally.

I have attached a timestamped link for song: https://youtu.be/e4bBEyCrl1E?si=iZUxVzctkuZFSXho&t=123

Thank you for taking the time to do these for us!

I can do that

Big Sad (Balancing The Different): Mandachord (Original)