The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exilus slot uses

Loviam

What are peoples opinions of the use of augments in the exilus slot. I myself would like it to be a possible use for the slot as the augments vary from on par with current exilus mods to weaker. So it would not be as if it would be meta breaking. But it could add to its use beyond tacking on coaction,cunning or power drift as many people do. Not to say i do not understand why it isnt possible due to the nature of most exilus mods being movement or tertiary stat based. I just think it could be a nice additional use

1 minute ago, Loviam said:

What are peoples opinions of the use of augments in the exilus slot. I myself would like it to be a possible use for the slot as the augments vary from on par with current exilus mods to weaker. So it would not be as if it would be meta breaking. But it could add to its use beyond tacking on coaction,cunning or power drift as many people do. Not to say i do not understand why it isnt possible due to the nature of most exilus mods being movement or tertiary stat based. I just think it could be a nice additional use

Exilus mods increase movement or utility in some way shape or form, how is an augment a utility?

I'm not against it, but if we're going to allow augments, what's stopping anything else from being put in that slot. Exilus Slots have their purpose, and extending that purpose for damage dealing is a bad idea.

Thats the thing though. Not all augments boost damage. In fact from what ive seen of a lot of them. Most dont. Most augments go unused because standard mods typically exceed the use and potential of augments. It also depends on your opinon of utility. Would you say that having the ability to use say both frosts 3rd ability augment and his 4th ability augment would buff his damage at all. It would increase the utility of his abilities and their purposes beyond damage dealing such as they are at low levels. In fact id confidently say that most augments do more for the utility of a frame than the do the dps 

14 minutes ago, Loviam said:

Thats the thing though. Not all augments boost damage. In fact from what ive seen of a lot of them. Most dont. Most augments go unused because standard mods typically exceed the use and potential of augments. It also depends on your opinon of utility. Would you say that having the ability to use say both frosts 3rd ability augment and his 4th ability augment would buff his damage at all. It would increase the utility of his abilities and their purposes beyond damage dealing such as they are at low levels. In fact id confidently say that most augments do more for the utility of a frame than the do the dps 

So, when I say damage, I don't mean flat damage. A lot increase the CC, resuability of powers, and buffs allies. None of the current exilus mods that I can think of really do that.

I would much rather have a dedicated Augment slot....one that DOESNT take up mod points (but also doesnt add to anything like an Aura Does), so if we wanted to use more than one augment at a time (my Ash.P build for example uses SS and FT) then the 2nd-4th augments would still use points and ofc the main slots

Edited by Kalvorax

I'm still not a fan of the drift mods helping stats that aren't really at all movement utility related, such as damage, casting speed, etc. However, keep in mind that the individual values for those stats on those mods are really low. 

A few warframe augments are also useable in exilus slot, like Hysterical Assault and Escape Velocity. Because they are entirely movement related. 

I wouldn't be entirely against an extra slot for augments, but I think the exilus slot itself should remain solely for mobility, and related mods for the most part. 

Edit: I was looking through all the augments and the only other warframe augs that could really fit in exilus would be Swing Line, which is just movement related, and maybe infiltrate. Except the problem is infiltrate doesn't just give you movement speed, it also lets you pass through laser barriers. Still, maybe those two, at least Swing Line, but that's only four of the augs total including the ones you can put in exilus now. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

Maybe if we can classified which mod should be put at Neuroptics, Mods for chassis and Mods for Systems

Will things be different? :satisfied: 

Of course there would be Exilus slot for each category

and there will be fewer trash mods and moaarr Forma :cool:

Edited by eqtd
bad english Grammar, sorry T_T