Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which warframe first?

Masterbaitandtackle

Question

I am looking at 5 warframes right now. Rhino, trinity, nova, inaros and ivara. Which one should I build first? I have only been playing for about 20 hours. I enjoy playing with others but also solo taking my time and having fun. I do not like when someone comes in and kills everything and I can't keep up.

Also I bought chroma with platinum and a new outfit for chroma as well. Is it possible to trade warframes or return it or anything at all?

Thanks

20 answers to this question

I am looking at 5 warframes right now. Rhino, trinity, nova, inaros and ivara. Which one should I build first? I have only been playing for about 20 hours. I enjoy playing with others but also solo taking my time and having fun. I do not like when someone comes in and kills everything and I can't keep up.

Also I bought chroma with platinum and a new outfit for chroma as well. Is it possible to trade warframes or return it or anything at all?

Thanks

If you wanna dps then nova and rhino are good for that. Ivara is the best frame for stealthy missions. Inaros is tanky but not very useful otherwise really. Trinity is a support frame.

You can only trade unbuilt prime parts and prime blueprints, plus mods and some special weapons (unused only).

Try building Chroma with ice element and you will get one of the best dps and tanky frames in the game.

Edited by xXx_mtv_xXx

All of those have applications, but if you're only looking for one right now I'd pick Rhino. Durable with a useful team buff and hard CC.

You're going to have to get over the "kill-steal" mentality. Some frames are suited towards more non-combative roles, such as Trinity.

If you are regretting some plat purchases I would turn in a support ticket. You should be able to return your item and get your plat back.

Edited by Duavey
Dammit autocorrect

5 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

If you wanna dps then nova and rhino are good for that. Ivara is the best frame for stealthy missions. Inaros is tanky but not very useful otherwise really. Trinity is a support frame.

You can only trade unbuilt prime parts and prime blueprints, plus mods and some special weapons (unused only).

Try building Chroma with ice element and you will get one of the best dps and tanky frames in the game.

How do I build with ice element? Just add ice mods or is there more to it? Also when I look up the best warframes no one ever says chroma

Everybody will say for himself what he likes. There is no best warframe for such general purpose as "first".

I would recommend you Volt, or Ember, but this is my personal experience.

Rhino is good for soloing against enemies that are beyond your reach (well, you can't die, but you also need ammo to kill an enemy, so single-shot rifle fits here as you won't run out of ammo with it). A long-time friend build

Edit: the only cons is that it's not so great to grind lower level maps with rhino as he lacks in AoE melting spells that Ember / Volt has

Edited by EmbedFire

6 minutes ago, Masterbaitandtackle said:

How do I build with ice element? Just add ice mods or is there more to it? Also when I look up the best warframes no one ever says chroma

Change the energy colour in your arsenal to white.

Ice Chroma is my frame of choice for slaughtering sortie bosses in seconds, he can get incredible damage and armour when you use his second + third ability and take enough damage. His fourth is a very good turret and will also get you more credits from kills.

Try reading the wiki about frames, weapons and mods you're interested in. There's also a warframe builder site where you can check popular builds.

Edited by xXx_mtv_xXx

20 hours and you already got a full ivara set to build? lucky xD

hmm depends on your playstyle, but i would choose inaros, especially for solo

Concerning the trade/return, you cannot trade/return normal frames but you can trade prime warframe blueprints (not yet built)

Hello there,

To chose the best you should think of what you want to do in the game.

From the list of your frames:

Intros : a tank frame that can heal himself and crowd control.

He is very good for survival,defense and exterminate.

I bet you can take him in other missions as well but you need to master that.

Nova : nova is an universal frame and mine most used. If you mod her right,she can make missions faster or slower. 

Rhino : a tank frame with the ability of buffing other team mates.

Ivana : the spy and the hunter of the game. She can sneak and steal everything without even being seen :-D.

Trinity : She can be tank if you want. She can give energy and she can heal.

Also if you will like her,you can get her prime version for relative cheap .

1 minute ago, O.O_ said:

Rhino + tigris prime and you're good to go, lame &#! meta ftw :poop:

He's playing for 20 hours and you say Tigris p ? :-D.

If going for a shotgun,i would say Hek with the syndicate mod.

Edited by JohnCarraway

35 minutes ago, EquesDei said:

20 hours and you already got a full ivara set to build? lucky xD

hmm depends on your playstyle, but i would choose inaros, especially for solo

Concerning the trade/return, you cannot trade/return normal frames but you can trade prime warframe blueprints (not yet built)

I dont have the mats yet. I am looking which mats to go after depending on the frame I want.

1 minute ago, Masterbaitandtackle said:

I have not gotten a bunch of people saying the same one so I still am not sure.

Like I said, go do some factual research like reading the wiki and watching some videos about the frames, that will help you decide. 

2 minutes ago, Masterbaitandtackle said:

Then I'd say go and read about that frames on the wiki page.

You can read about each frame ability and their special mods (augments).

This can help you chose the frame a bit more easy :)

9 minutes ago, JohnCarraway said:

He's playing for 20 hours and you say Tigris p ? :-D.

If going for a shotgun,i would say Hek with the syndicate mod.

He's playing for 20 hours and you say syndicates ? And if i think of the prices atm you could get a tigris prime set for 30p... which is the amount you have at the start for free, iirc.

13 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

Why go for  100-140% damage increase when you can easily go for 450% with Chroma after taking a few bullets? 

Rhino = enough dmg + group buff + very good cc

Chroma = unnecessary high amounts of damage and no group(damage) buff

And don't get me wrong... i dont like rhino... i thought the :poop: was obvious enough...

52 minutes ago, Masterbaitandtackle said:

The likelihood that you will get a number of people with the same opinion on which frame you should get next is, in my opinion, very low.

1 hour ago, EmbedFire said:

Everybody will say for himself what he likes...

This is the reason why.  This has happened many times in these forums that I've seen as recently as this post.  Even amongst frames that server a similar purpose (tank, damage, support, etc.) there will be differing opinions.

1 hour ago, Masterbaitandtackle said:

I am looking at 5 warframes right now. Rhino, trinity, nova, inaros and ivara. Which one should I build first?...

As has already been mentioned these are all fine frames but they are also different in purpose.  I would suggest figuring out what you want to do and then picking frame from this list based on that.  Roughly:

Rhino: Tank, Buffing - Trinity: Support, Tank - Nova: CC, Damage - Inaros: Tank, CC - Ivara: Stealth, Damage

You can also try this: Warframe Tier List

You mentioned not seeing a bunch of people agreeing with opinions in this post and wanting to kill faster.  This list lines up with those ideas.  From what I've read the information in it is in sync with the community opinions on power and usefulness.  You can also use it to figure out what's available to you at your Mastery Rank and what will be available to you soon.