Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Human Commandos. (Jumpsuits do not stop bullets)

RavingRoman

I hope DE has been working on some actual tactical apparel for combatant humans for the different syndicates. Honestly, it still bugs me that they still wear jumpsuits in a firefight. I feel like they should be wearing full body plates to properly deflect projectiles. Make them a little more like space marines, trained by their appropriate syndicates, this will take recycling assets down another notch.

Let me know what you think of more militant human combatants? Let me know; and rock on, Tenno!

I can agree with this, sort of.

However, I'd rather them add armor for us tenno.

Back on point...

Corpus utilize shields, not armor. Armor plating wouldn't make much sense on them with the exception of elite units or bosses.

Grineer have the bulky plates to show their armor.

Corrupted units have armor plates, right? 

Infested? Well, I guess it would depend on which faction it came from. Again, more visible armor on elite units Would be cool. 

On 4/16/2017 at 0:10 AM, RavingRoman said:

I hope DE has been working on some actual tactical apparel for combatant humans for the different syndicates. Honestly, it still bugs me that they still wear jumpsuits in a firefight. I feel like they should be wearing full body plates to properly deflect projectiles. Make them a little more like space marines, trained by their appropriate syndicates, this will take recycling assets down another notch.

Let me know what you think of more militant human combatants? Let me know; and rock on, Tenno!

But it's thousands of years in the future, for all we know they are made of some sort of carbon fiber mesh that instantly absorbs shock waves thus becoming effective for stopping bullets.

36 minutes ago, 45neo said:

But it's thousands of years in the future, for all we know they are made of some sort of carbon fiber mesh that instantly absorbs shock waves thus becoming effective for stopping bullets.

Carbon Fiber? Probably more like....

NANOMACHINES, SON!!!

54 minutes ago, 45neo said:

Carbon fiber does not work that way when it is skin tight. If I gave you a titanium-weaved cloth and hold it to your skin; how confident are you that it will hold up against say 556, that is really stretching science too far.

Not to mention, tights in firefights just look terrible.

Just now, RavingRoman said:

Carbon fiber does not work that way when it is skin tight. If I gave you a titanium-weaved cloth and hold it to your skin; how confident are you that it will hold up against say 556, that is really stretching science too far.

If anything, they are made of a composite material that is flexible, but with blunt force it siezes up and spreads the kinetic energy over a larger area. Like techno oobleck.

19 minutes ago, RavingRoman said:

I just used carbon fiber as a name, not for actual physical properties according to modern technology. So how about this for a better explanation a composite material that despite being stretched thin effectively absorbs shock while allowing for free range of motion. There happy?

Regardless, I would not trust jumpsuits that have to be skin tight to deflect bullets, all the more blades.

Alright, so here is another question since these suits are so common, why don't the grineer or corpus wear them under their armor, that would make them even more resilient to kill. Why not wear even more protection? Redundancies make the perfect, ally or enemy. Any militant organization would apply this.

Seriously, it looks too silly that every human being wears a jumpsuit. Also lacks diversity

12 minutes ago, RavingRoman said:

Regardless, I would not trust jumpsuits that have to be skin tight to deflect bullets, all the more blades.

Alright, so here is another question since these suits are so common, why don't the grineer or corpus wear them under their armor, that would make them even more resilient to kill. Why not wear even more protection? Redundancies make the perfect, ally or enemy. Any militant organization would apply this.

Seriously, it looks too silly that every human being wears a jumpsuit. Also lacks diversity

It does look silly.  

And I doubt that the Grineer can necessarily afford to use such jump suits. After all, it would get far too hot for the clones and they would easily die quicker than they already do. Armor is hot, especially with other stuff under it. They also are a wasted investment on common units that die in droves. 

Whatever. No need to argue about this. They are ugly, and that alone is enemies reason for a change. 

I'm more worried about Operator mode being weak af. I want to consider ways to make it less weak, and actually fun to play.