Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove Ability Selection Highlight?

Sohki

Question

Y3Iw3vI.png

I mean the blue highlight on your recently used skill. Every now and then it just messes me up when I glance on it to check if i have enough energy since i just try to see if it's greyed out or not. Is there an option to remove it? Why do we even have it? What's the point of highlighting it? I mean I know there's a hotkey for 'cast selected skill', but I don't believe anyone even uses it.

7 answers to this question

For those who use a "use ability" key. I have it binded on my mouse wheel so I use it to fast select and activete them.

Also, you can have the same info at your dots just below reticle. You dont have to glance into bottom right corner, just slighly below at what you are aiming.

Edited by Xardis

1 hour ago, Xardis said:

For those who use a "use ability" key. I have it binded on my mouse wheel so I use it to fast select and activete them.

Also, you can have the same info at your dots just below reticle. You dont have to glance into bottom right corner, just slighly below at what you are aiming.

i don't have to, until i find myself in the middle of a S#&$storm of effects, bodies, gore, explosion, and all other clutter in the screen.

I use the 'recast' button all the time. I do use a controller. Example of what I mean; like running Loki, recast inv by just bumping RB. That is very very very very very very very very very very very useful.

To add it wouldn't bother me if the blue highlight was removed if I could still recast last with one button. I know how much my spells cost so I don' tneed the blue/grey stuff...So as long as I could just high the RB once to recast I could do without having the highlighted.

I tend to just use the 1-5 on the side of my mouse to activate Frame abilities and don't really glance at the bottom right often. 

Afaik in default settings you can use the mouse wheel to move that blue cursor to select your Focus school - if you have one installed? 

Not ingame to test but I don't recall if it moves the cursor back after using another ability thereafter. Worth a try though as a workaround.

Alright I completely and utterly missed the part where we have a big portion of players using controller to play Warframe. That's some learning on my part. But it seems we don't have a way to disable it? Guess I have to jump over to Feedback section to suggest instead. Cheers.