Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

getting "network not responding"

TheGreatJackalope

its hard to log in because when i try i get "network not responding" and any time i finish a mission i get the message and get booted. happens at random while just walking around my ship.. and its not my connection. i had command prompt doing a ping test for an hour continuously. thousands of packets back and forth 0 drops. not just 0%  like.. none dropped and with a steady 32-43ms ping the whole time

are y'all being hit witha  DDoS or did the last update break something?   this has been going on since saturday night

This same issue has been happening to me as well. It did it a couple times over the weekend, but today has been very bad. Almost every mission- once completed I get booted back to the log in screen once back on my ship. If I try to log in after being booted back to the log in screen, it won't log in...it will just sit there thinking about it- I've let it go for about 10 minutes. So I have to close the game, reboot, and then I have been able to log back in, but even then I'm also getting the "Network not Responding" message when I attempt to log in from the launcher, and then it will eventually log in after several minutes. Had no problem like this before last update. What's going on?

1 minute ago, Blag44 said:

This same issue has been happening to me as well. It did it a couple times over the weekend, but today has been very bad. Almost every mission- once completed I get booted back to the log in screen once back on my ship. If I try to log in after being booted back to the log in screen, it won't log in...it will just sit there thinking about it- I've let it go for about 10 minutes. So I have to close the game, reboot, and then I have been able to log back in, but even then I'm also getting the "Network not Responding" message when I attempt to log in from the launcher, and then it will eventually log in after several minutes. Had no problem like this before last update. What's going on?

Yep, now that you mention it, I have no issues when in hosted games. 

Ok...this is getting ridiculous. I just joined a survival mission, and after a few minutes (approx. 5-6) I lost connection to the host and was returned to the menu. Once I was on my ship, I couldn't see my frame (I could move around, but no frame animation)...about 20-30 seconds later I got the "Network Not Responding" message again and POOF...I'm booted and back to the log in screen. I forgot to mention in my first post that since this has started happening, if I do complete a mission- but can't see my frame when returned to my ship (whether mission was completed or not), it has booted me every time. Getting pretty frustrating now...

1 minute ago, Blag44 said:

Ok...this is getting ridiculous. I just joined a survival mission, and after a few minutes (approx. 5-6) I lost connection to the host and was returned to the menu. Once I was on my ship, I couldn't see my frame (I could move around, but no frame animation)...about 20-30 seconds later I got the "Network Not Responding" message again and POOF...I'm booted and back to the log in screen. I forgot to mention in my first post that since this has started happening, if I do complete a mission- but can't see my frame when returned to my ship (whether mission was completed or not), it has booted me every time. Getting pretty frustrating now...

I notice the same thing, though I have the Ki'Teer shoulder relics and so it's an invisible frame but with glowing squares floating in the air.

This is getting beyond a joke now!! Its almost becoming unplayable, just had to complete a wave 20 t4 defense mission by myself as the team just vanished after migration - I was #2 in the list. With a limbo - pod at wave 20 had 2k hp left

Hello tennos ! 

I'm experiencing same issues since 2-3 days. Sometimes it disconnect me / squad members during the missions -> They got the "host migration" thingy. I ALWAYS got this problem during the account update at the end of every missions. 

It seems to depend on wich mission, 1 to 3 squad members, number of ennemies on the map, wide of map... You guessed it ... It depends on EVERYTHING in the mission.

In order of solving this, i tried to reinitialize my internet box, detect the in/out internet packet, delete every process that suck up connection, check out my bandwidth during the game and here is an interesting thing i figured out in a defense mission (hélène/saturn) wich fit exactly with my guess :

1492736796-helenefullsquad.png

5 waves with a full squad. I captured all traffic on my net card with a warframe filter. I'm the host of the game. I did only this image cap but other missions shows a different result. In this one we got no disconnections. But high peak of upload datas seems to be the key of this problem. 
If you need it, i may share others upload caps in missions that causes troubles. 
In this one i just got disconnect at the end of the missions, squad members experienced 0 issues.
In survival graph go really much far than this.

Ty for reading

Glad to know I'm not the only one experiencing this issue. I've had near constant disconnects after mission screen and occasionally when traveling to relays over the past few days. The problem is recent and my other net services don't seem to be affected.

Game is nearly impossible to play.. Takes multiple attempts to log in, and game disconnects with "network not responding" error after every single match. I've had to log into this game about 9000 times already this week... Port-forwarding did not help, other games run just fine. Its getting pretty aggravating since recently I've really gotten back into the mood to play this game lol. Is there anything else to try on the user's end to fix this, or is this something wrong with the game/servers on their end?

Don't recall this issue happening earlier this week, but it's definitely been bad for me after hotfix 20.2.4. As stated before, it happens after every mission when returning to the ship. I have to wait 10-15 seconds once it kicks me back to the login screen before I can actually log in again. Resetting my modem and router had no effect.

Still experiencing this issue as well at the time of this post. Any word on the cause? I haven't played in ~2 years so I wouldn't know if this was caused by a recent update.

I have also run a network test, please see the below image for results:

cMa3yn3.png

Edited by Seven87
Image update.

Network Not Responding. Forced Log off. Multiple attempts to log back in, and I get Net Not Responding during its attempt to log in, and it also fails to log in at least 3 times until it finally lets me back in. This problem is worse during peak hours. I've problem solved on my end, and via my ISP. Router is set up properly to allow the UDP ports, etc.... DE, fix this issue. Its been around since December 2016.

I have this issue after EVERY SINGLE @(*()$ GAME/mission! I've played Warframe since release in 2013. I took a year off and recently started playing again around the 16th of April. This is game breaking. 

Do something DE.

so yeah appearantly there's an issue with the ipv6 protocol and the game. if you disable ipv6 in your ethernet settings problem goes away. except ipv6 is needed for alot of internet stuff these days and to allow the use of workgroups in windows 7+ os

so in short DE need to update their protocols to allow ipv6... cause ipv4 is almost on the end of its usefulness

On 4/23/2017 at 0:30 AM, Seven87 said:

Still experiencing this issue as well at the time of this post. Any word on the cause? I haven't played in ~2 years so I wouldn't know if this was caused by a recent update.

I have also run a network test, please see the below image for results:

cMa3yn3.png

I laughed for years :')