Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vor's Invincibility Shield

Duralumin

I feel like they boosted his difficulty to much, Vor used to be something low levels could do to rank up and everybody used to farm morphics, now he takes and deals a lot more damage, that is an unnecessary amount. I understand buffing him a bit but high levels shouldn't`t have any trouble fighting him what so ever.

It was said elsewhere by a dev that Vor actually scales to your level and gear, so low level players should have about as difficult a fight as anyone else (except for, y'know, experience with the game).

I feel like they boosted his difficulty to much, Vor used to be something low levels could do to rank up and everybody used to farm morphics, now he takes and deals a lot more damage, that is an unnecessary amount. I understand buffing him a bit but high levels shouldn't`t have any trouble fighting him what so ever.

He's still not hard at all.

He just takes longer because of that stupid shield.

The shield only activates twice to show that his attacks are going to change.

After the first shield he uses his laser teslas.  After the second he uses his laser key instead of his pistol.

Its both to make the fight more interesting, as well as allow you a brief time to get ready for the changes and regen shields if you need to.

Also, Vor scales to 1.5x the level of the highest level gear you have, meaning if you have a level 30 weapon he's level 45.  If you have a level 10 as your highest he is level 15.

Enough players complained back before the update that gameplay (which for most players meant Endless Defense and boss runs) weren't offering a challenge - this came mostly because everyone was slamming into bosses that weren't Ambulas with 30/30/30/30 kits and potatoes everywhere.  DE has said - repeatedly! - that every boss is going to get some sort of upgrade eventually.  Kril was the first, and now we've got the Vor revamp and (bugged though it is) Raptor.  Admittedly I'm not that fond of invincibility periods either, but the way they've been implemented is intuitive and workable even to people who haven't read the wiki and forums for help (in fact, I'm proud to say I met New Vor completely unspoiled).  Vor in particular scales to, as far as we've been able to figure out, 1.5*[highest-ranked item in the squad], for a max of 45 against late-game players.  You can break his shield by killing his mooks, who notably don't scale, and his damage goes from unremarkable so that new players can clear him up to Tower III Trap levels of damage from that sustained beam at the high end.  Between that, his heavy pistol, and the other new abilities, he's got a fun and chaotic fight that's still easy to learn and not too incredibly hard.

TL;DR: This is very much a step in the right direction.  Too much invulnerability without visual cues isn't good (Raptor, I'm looking at you), but Vor is excellent.  Also, start farming Morphics from Anyo or any mission that might theoretically offer them, you get like ten a run.