Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Talk About An Atlas Rework?

I'd also like to see more synergy in Atlas' kit and at higher levels Atlas needs something to aid when out in the open due to the need to spam Landslide to survive and situations where Landslide cannot target certain enemies. Also builds currently go towards Landslide or Petrify and don't work fluidly well together with how Petrify is setup.

First thing I'd consider is to have the PvP mod Rumbled be built into Atlas' Passive and synergize with his abilities, while building up how the abilities work together. Here's where I'd start, adding or replacing attributes as necessary to keep changes balanced, here are some ideas to consider:

• Passive: Immovable - similar to Volt charging up for extra damage, Atlas can charge up Rock Armor (that works similar to Icy Avalanche as a layer that goes above Health at least).
    • Retains Knockdown immunity, arguably from building up the Rock Armor in the first place.
    • Anytime Atlas is not touching the ground Rock Armor decays at a fair rate and has short delay to rebuild Armor.
    • Armor amount is also capped like Static Discharge is capped, that value is whatever works best.
  • Landslide:
    • Allow Landslide to fire without a target like Slash Dash.
    • Augment: No changes to augment, now works faster on higher level enemies as detailed below for Petrify ability.
      • Also new synergy with how Petrify is tweaked, granting a fraction of enemy Health as added Rock Armor with that augment also equipped.
  • Tectonics:
    • Can be cast on the move where we are pointing crosshair, not in front of Atlas, also acts as one handed ability.
    • Augment: Range can increase the length of the Rock Walls.
  • Petrify:
    • Either instant Conical flash over current setup, or is able to cast other abilities when Petrify is active.
    • No cap on turning enemies to stone, so no limit on Strength by Stone Rate.
    • Enemies who are stone are given a weakness to Impact Damage, to increase damage against them, to synergize with Landslide more.
    • Augment: Grants a fraction of enemy Health to Atlas' Rock Armor.
  • Rumblers:
    • Increase the attack rate of thrown rocks and have Rumblers fight more at range and act as Body Guards like Specters and Clem.
    • So with more of a focus on ranged attacks, melee attacks from Rumblers can contribute to building the Melee Combo counter.
      • A side note with how Petrify has changed and the ranged approach, is consider having Rumblers instead of having a duration to give them a health decay based on their ranged attacks, so that as they throw rocks they lose health, representing the Rumblers cannibalizing themselves for the projectiles. (they do have a decent base duration, and can easily be setup to last ~78 Seconds, and as much as ~127 Seconds) and so that they explode more often.
    • Augment: The single Titanic Rumbler shares the increased thrown attack rate, but maybe could roam further from Atlas than how Specters and Clem stick close.

I think something like this can keep Atlas as a ground pounding brawler while increasing his survivability, and increasing synergy between his abilities. The Rock Armor Cap can be set to 500 or whatever value works best and the rate gain through the passive can be modeled after Static Discharge and can even have a slower rate gain. It's possible to assign the Rock Armor Ferrite Resistances and Weaknesses, or possibly Fossilized to try and mimic stone and spice up Atlas' defensive capacity.

Make him tankier and fix the AI on his rumblers I completely agree with. His 2 should be able to cast more than just a single small wall. Either a much larger curved wall, or a wall per cast up to three or four would be good. His 3, honestly other than for extra loot is just meh. He should indeed have cc, but I don't feel like it quite fits. I think a localized seimic quake would fit nicely, fall in line with his kit, and offer more cc, just as long as it's mechanics can also affect flying enemies. Also, his passive, he should be entirely immune to stagger and knockdown, not just sort of immune

Did you know that Atlas's Petrifying Gaze Is a wonderful thing that  prevents more enemies from spawning if you keep them all in stone. a Handy thing In Time based Defense Missions. Such as Interception, Mobile Defense, Sabotage. The Rumblers is the thing that needs fixing, nothing Else. so Rework...? No.

Edited by (PS4)samppaH

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2017 at 8:43 AM, Evanescent said:

I did one a long time ago, if anyone wants to give it a read, here it is

Turned out pretty well if I do say so myself.

I like this a lot,

But having Atlas as one of my favorite frame I don't like the tectonics change, but the idea does make me think of an augment: the ability creates a larger wall (maybe 30-40% bigger)  and for it takes damage it shakes the map for a second or two and stunning/panicking enemies temporally. But it would cost a lot more energy and the wall could not become a bolder .

and of cores a more effective 3rd ability

And the sediment thing is really confusing

Edited by Makor11

Basically, as long as the bulwarks are left alone I'd be interested, as Bulwarks make the sortie defenses stupidly easy. The operative can't pass through them so what you do is get him near a wall, box him in with 3 bulwarks and bam, he's not going anywhere and it becomes a stationary defense.

Edited by KiezerHD

He need some buffs and his second could be better overall the frame is nice. I can only arguing with his third ability because it is just like chromas first and that is also need some rework. Too situational ability and not so strong and if you ask me it's not fit to him. I could instead add to him another brawling ability then it will be 50% brawler and earth and his third ability could be given a real medusa frame with altered. There is at least 4-5 medusa like frame concept and 1 surely the medusa itself and this ability could be similar to frosts avalanche with the same results just stoning enemies instead making ice cubes.

I would like to see a medusa frame here.