Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Winds of Purity on Dex Furis

BattyBugels

So, I've read the other threads and cam to a conclusion; There is no more reason to not let this mod cover the furis variants, since the DEV's are working on weilding a melee in one hand and a secondary in the other. That change alone makes the normal furis more powerful, and way more appealing than it's dual variants, so why not bring them up to par with it? make there be a reason to not look like every other anime protagonist with a gun and a sword?

5 minutes ago, BattyBugels said:

So, I've read the other threads and cam to a conclusion; There is no more reason to not let this mod cover the furis variants, since the DEV's are working on weilding a melee in one hand and a secondary in the other. That change alone makes the normal furis more powerful, and way more appealing than it's dual variants, so why not bring them up to par with it? make there be a reason to not look like every other anime protagonist with a gun and a sword?

Why would something that does nothing at all to increase the damage of a secondary make it "better?" It does nothing that a one second button press couldn't do, and does not increase a weapon's damage. Not to mention that there isn't much of a reason to use a single hand sword outside of fashion anyways, most of the better damage melee weapons are two handed. This change by DE is not something that will change any weapon's damage output, so it does nothing towards making a single pistol better than its dual variant.

19 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Why would something that does nothing at all to increase the damage of a secondary make it "better?" It does nothing that a one second button press couldn't do, and does not increase a weapon's damage. Not to mention that there isn't much of a reason to use a single hand sword outside of fashion anyways, most of the better damage melee weapons are two handed. This change by DE is not something that will change any weapon's damage output, so it does nothing towards making a single pistol better than its dual variant.

You do realize that winds of purity gives like an instant full heal on any damage at all right?

14 minutes ago, The__Q said:

You do realize that winds of purity gives like an instant full heal on any damage at all right?

not in high levels , that falls off fast

and i say that as someone who has furis as most used secondary 

lifestrike overtakes it quickly in higher endgame , but then you can use other methods like hema or hirodo ect 

the benefit of WOP is that it costs no energy 

22 hours ago, NeithanDiniem said:

You do realize I was talking about the dual wield with one handed swords, right?

You have no clue whether there will be stat increases with the sword/gon combo because there isn't any information about that besides what was in he last dev stream. honestly, if it did give stat increases, that would finally give incentive to get 1-handed swords, which is what DE has been doing since Damage 2.0, making alternative ways to have great damage and play, since the best loadout for a few years was just a rhino with a soma prime, a lex prime, and a galatine prime.

On 4/21/2017 at 4:42 PM, BattyBugels said:

You have no clue whether there will be stat increases with the sword/gon combo because there isn't any information about that besides what was in he last dev stream. honestly, if it did give stat increases, that would finally give incentive to get 1-handed swords, which is what DE has been doing since Damage 2.0, making alternative ways to have great damage and play, since the best loadout for a few years was just a rhino with a soma prime, a lex prime, and a galatine prime.

Except if they did that, they would create a bias for one handed weapons, which goes directly against their vision for how they should balance the game. It would also not be something able to be included in the UI easily, so that would make any such increase be vague and players would be ill-informed of the bonuses dual wielding provided. So no, I may not know for certain, but it goes against what they have been doing all this past 2 years for weapon rebalances so that makes it fairly probable on what the outcome is going to be. You may also notice that they buffed the glaive prime specifically for this dual wield feature, compared to making it a stat increase only applied with the combo. If they are going to buff a weapon, they would do so to the base weapon, and not as an arbitrary tack-on to a dual wield combo system.

On 4/23/2017 at 4:33 AM, NeithanDiniem said:

Except if they did that, they would create a bias for one handed weapons, which goes directly against their vision for how they should balance the game. It would also not be something able to be included in the UI easily, so that would make any such increase be vague and players would be ill-informed of the bonuses dual wielding provided. So no, I may not know for certain, but it goes against what they have been doing all this past 2 years for weapon rebalances so that makes it fairly probable on what the outcome is going to be. You may also notice that they buffed the glaive prime specifically for this dual wield feature, compared to making it a stat increase only applied with the combo. If they are going to buff a weapon, they would do so to the base weapon, and not as an arbitrary tack-on to a dual wield combo system.

You've made it painfully clear you don't understand the concept of perfect imbalance. Please inform yourself before making audacious claims of how a developer would balance their game.

22 hours ago, Ironlixivium said:

You've made it painfully clear you don't understand the concept of perfect imbalance. Please inform yourself before making audacious claims of how a developer would balance their game.

You say that in a thread where the original post is someone basically stating that the current balance system set by the developers is bad and needs to change to something they personally feel would be better. You really know how to make your hypocrisy show don'tcha?

On 4/27/2017 at 0:33 AM, NeithanDiniem said:

You say that in a thread where the original post is someone basically stating that the current balance system set by the developers is bad and needs to change to something they personally feel would be better. You really know how to make your hypocrisy show don'tcha?

Didnt mean to sound so hostile, mb. I was only talking about your final claim, that if they wanted to balance a weapon they would only do it to the base weapon. As for this thread, you're right, idk why I care, but I do like winds of purity, even though I don't use it. Being able to equip it on dex furis would probably make me want to again. I don't believe he said anything about the system as a whole though...

On 4/24/2017 at 11:13 AM, BattyBugels said:

then why work on a patch to weild a sword and a secndary at the same time, if it doesnt give buffs, since currently you can shoot and melee almost instantly anyway?

Because then you can have stances that allow a mixture of melee strikes mixed with gunfire in the combo itself, much like those of the gunblades.