Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U9 Feedback

Dycraxis

First of all I'm more or less a new player, 2 weeks playing from time to time, seeing this new update is something I never expected, at least not this soon, (2 or so months after the last one?) so I'm fairly happy with it, however there are good and bad things, perfectly normal in a beta so here's what I think:

New solar map

-Positive

Looks good, really interesting way to organize the maps around and connect them, IMO it's a great design

Good description of the area

Resources shown at the side

-Negative

New players don't know what these icons at the side mean, hovering over them and clicking won't even show the name and not everyone has a friend who can babysit them and explain what everything means

I never know what mission my friends picked because there's no visible pinging like there used to be

Market

-Positive

You can buy materials now, accesible for those who get frustrated after many times of farming for a material, an option for those who are tired of farming or don't have time

-Negative

No one asked for this, and even if they did, 10 Plat? Really? Maybe it was done to motivate the farming but regardless of the reason you're looking money hungry

Those who need to buy the hard to find materials are pretty much robbed with this, 10 plats for a piece of material you can find with a boss doesn't help anyone, reconsider the price

Lore

-Positive

Great addition, a lot of new players after some time always ask what they're fighting, what is the Tenno and such, this a good start

-Negative

You need to use Esc to close the Lore

There's little information overall, obviously is a good start, it will be better overtime

Aura

-Positive

Artifacts can be ranked now

-Negative

Polarized, take mod costs

You need to polarize and max your warframe in order to really make good use of the aura because of the mod cost

Overall the cost of the aura can ruin the build of any player making the auras mora of a bother than a good option for builds with low level players

Misions

-Positive

Adjusted enemies levels

New Captain Vor

New Tutorial

Nightmare mode

-Negative

Enemy levels are downright absurd, at the time of this post is no surprise that this change is scaring and frustrating new players, and for the case of Captain Vor asking for help with a squad won't solve the problem, not with 4 warframes level 10- and a captain vor 100+

Nightmare mode is a serious problem for new players again and needs to be optional, new players can't do a nightmare mission, they're leveling up, building their frames and mods

You don't know what happens in a nightmare mission until you're in one (Was this deliberate for more difficulty?)

New boss Raptor

-Positive

New boss for Europa

Flying boss, a different kind of enemy from the usual bosses

-Negative

Good idea, implemented poorly, the raptor boss is more frustrating than fun to kill due to his high damage and lack of rewards

Broken drop rate for many (This issues might have to do with the Materials drop rate though...)

Broken damage killing almost any warframe with 1-2 missiles

Rewards are ragdoll'd all over the place making them unreachable in many runs

Bullet sponge

Update 9.0

-Positive

Update in a friday

Really quick considering the last one was 2 months ago

Nova Warframe

-Negative

Feels rushed, I think everyone will agree with the fact that no one is rushing DE, you're free to update the game whenever you feel it's best, so making an update this big with so many bugs that were simple errors makes people think about the priorities of the game. The drop rate right now is something that could happen in any game, perfectly normal in a beta but a mistake fixed with a bit of testing, and so are the problems with the Raptor

Making the update a friday, a great idea for the players but this is irresponsible, now the game has to stay broken all the weekend, farming for common materials needed in 300, 500 and even 1000 quantity are imposible to obtain and ruin the whole experience for those that use the weekend to play Warframe. My recomendation is that If you're going to make an update like this do it monday or wednesday, there's no point in us screaming the same bugs all weekend, we need you here listening to this, updates like this are the most tedious for Game devs, we're not stupid, we know there's a huge cleanup coming along with this

The Nova Warframe was something that got everyone excited, however her parts are filled with obstacles due to the problems mentioned before, these obstacles are outside the players control and make things frustrating not enjoyable, even though there is a great addition

Feel free to correct me if there's something wrong there

Also, sorry if the english looks funny and weird, I'm not a native english speaker.

Marfket: Its a nice option and I used it when tired.

Auras: Encourages us to polarise and beta test the game again from the start. Prolongs gameplay.

Negative: Yes it needs some hotfixes. Good positive update though.

Nice post.

Things I like:

*Nightmare modes,

*the new boss

*new weapons and a frame

*upgrading the enemy's levels

Things I think are a backwards step:

*Pictures only for what materials drop

*you can't see what planet your teammate has selected

Things I don't like that are new:

*aura mod system is bad

*You can't select non-nightmare

I agree with every point, both positive and negative.

-I don't like artifacts being turned into Aura mods for your Warframe. If I didn't happen to have a few unspent points, I wouldn't even be able to equip them.

-I'm surprised they added resources to the market and even more surprised that they're restricted to platinum. I saw several threads that were heavily against buying resources for credits, even more so for platinum.

-I especially dislike the dumbing down of the solar map. Even though I've been playing for 6 months and know what everything is, I'd still prefer to mouse over a planet and see what resources it has.