Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Directx updating failed?

DeMonkey

Question

I'm really quite confused to be honest, Warframe's run fine for me for the past 3 years without any hitches, yet quite suddenly it needs to update Directx and fails to do so...

I've tried everything I've read so far, 

Disabling Anti-Virus - Nothing.

Rerunning Dxsetup in the folder - Error message.

Verifying the game integrity via the launcher - Nothing, quite literally nothing, it won't verify. My mouse icon acts like it's doing something but nothing happens.

Short of reinstalling the entire game I'm not sure what else I could try, so, does anyone have any suggestions that aren't send in a support ticket. If this doesn't get fixed now then of course I'll send one in, but I'd much rather ask the question here where I'll likely get a response today, than a support ticket that won't be answered for several weeks.

Thanks in advance.

4 answers to this question

strange that you're having any issues at all, the last DirectX related occurrence was simply a minor adjustment to how Warframe handles some AMD hardware, which resulted in a 'spoof' DirectX installation. it was just running some basic checks, nothing was changed.

that suggests a failure to recognize that DirectX is functioning correctly - but i don't have any leads off the top of my head on why it wouldn't be.

Edited by taiiat

try launching the game without steam if you are running steam version or from steam if you are running the standalone launcher. ive had that for a while and my steam version still doesnt work to this day.

1 minute ago, SupremeDutchGamer said:

try launching the game without steam if you are running steam version or from steam if you are running the standalone launcher. ive had that for a while and my steam version still doesnt work to this day.

Meaning I lose out on Tennogen? :/ 

Guess either way that'll mean reinstalling the entire game.

42 minutes ago, taiiat said:

strange that you're having any issues at all, the last DirectX related occurrence was simply a minor adjustment to how Warframe handles some AMD hardware, which resulted in a 'spoof' DirectX installation. it was just running some basic checks, nothing was changed.

that suggests a failure to recognize that DirectX is functioning correctly - but i don't have any leads off the top of my head on why it wouldn't be.

That's what I thought, I'm able to play everything else just fine. I'm literally in Nier Automata right now.

Maybe I need to update my graphics card driver, I keep ignoring the pop-up saying there's an update available because I've had issues before after updating.