The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Is there a way to stop Warframe from taking over my PC?

Doctype_

Ok, so here's the deal. One day I was playing Warframe and it suddenly froze. I dismissed this as some light error and brushed it off, then I realized that it wasn't just a lag spike, so I got out task manager and guess what? Warframe made my whole display (except my taskbar) go black! I was able to restart my PC but still, is there any way to make it so Warframe is less forceful on my PC?

20 minutes ago, Doctype_ said:

Ok, so here's the deal. One day I was playing Warframe and it suddenly froze. I dismissed this as some light error and brushed it off, then I realized that it wasn't just a lag spike, so I got out task manager and guess what? Warframe made my whole display (except my taskbar) go black! I was able to restart my PC but still, is there any way to make it so Warframe is less forceful on my PC?

Wich setup do you have can you put that below so we all can help you out :)

Ram Gpu Cpu OS as much you can find

11 hours ago, GameKingMike334 said:

Wich setup do you have can you put that below so we all can help you out :)

Ram Gpu Cpu OS as much you can find

Ok, but first a side note: going out of fullscreen fixes this. And also, if your game is made in the Unreal Engine then this has happened to me before in another game.

Ok, here are the stats:

8GB RAM

Intel HD Graphics 4600 GPU

Intel Core i5-4460 CPU (3.20 GHz)

Windows 10 OS

15 hours ago, Doctype_ said:

I have had the same thing happen several times except my task manager is not visible/usable...hard reset is the only way I can escape.

It sounds like the integrated graphics are getting overwhelmed, I have similar happen with any GPU using less than 2GB of VRAM. If you have a spare graphics card and don't mind installing drivers, it could be worth a test to see if this addresses your issue. The game is not made in Unreal but the Evolution Engine, think DE's version of the same. DE was mostly formed of people that worked on and helped create Epic's early work like Unreal Tournament so their engines have similarity is understandable. You are right though, this particular error is common on games that use both engines.

Sigh, this happened again.

Luckily me being the

YSxD5Sz.png

(Quotation marks needed.)

That I am, I managed to stop the program without rebooting my PC. Still, here's the difference: this time it happened because I accidently unplugged my headphones. If any devs are reading then maybe that will help solve this issue, maybe not... but I just thought it would be a good idea to post about this.