Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glaive Prime Build

rc1309

Question

7 answers to this question

I'd just like to know what the purpose of this weapon is to you. I notice that's Excalibur in the screenshot so I am wondering if this is for Exalted blade and the glaive is just for fashion frame.

If you are building it for exalted blade purely, consider not using body count or blood rush as they do not work with him. Let me know and I can give you much, much better builds for Exalted Blade. Or if you're using Glaive just to actually use it, I got different ideas for you there too.

Try (1 Forma Though):

Primed Fury

Primed Point Strike

Buzz Kill

Spoiled Strike

Whirlwind

Virulent Scourge

Fever Strike

Shocking Touch

Edit: Could switch Virulent with Power Throw, but don't know that 0.6 punch through is too low imo.

Edited by PrimeDCookieMonstah

Quick return and power throw are centered around my glaive prime build. Throw, Explode, Return. It takes out a good amount of enemies, and deals decent damage. And  with the new buff, it deals slash on every hit when you throw, which  I might try and experiment  with the mod that adds more bounce ( rebound or something)

If you want a melee glaive, which looks like what you want with the build that you are using, I recommend to try out and use the Cerata.

-(Primed) Pressure Point

-Vicious Frost/Virulent Scourge (Viral) 

-Voltaic Strike/Volcanic Edge(Radiation) 

-Power Throw

-Quick Return

-Free slot (usually elemental or Riven) 

Pushes the Glaive Prime to 100% Status which means it'll have a very high chance to proc Slash which can decimate armored enemies and if it procs viral on the return trip even better. 

On 22.4.2017 at 8:15 PM, InfinitySnail said:

Glaive Prime isn't really a crit weapon, so Blood Rush is probably a mod you could replace.

Kinda is. It's just as much of a crit weapon as a nikana is or a galatine is, in the perspective of slash status, which is strongly boosted by crit.

Not exactly the kinda weapon that can be used for the Maiming strike kinda thing that's become the norm tho due to its rather low uncharged range but it's definitly among the better picks for those that don't have access to these and those that don't wanna spend theyr days sliding.

@rc1309

I don't have a specified build at hand but 

This

is the basic crit/status build i allways have at hand, somewhat of an ideal with room for slight modifications for each weapon with that kinda damage strategy.

Replace Maiming Strike with True steel and Reach with something usefull, be it any kind of life management, status or a glaive mod that appeals you and you're just where you want to be.

For Ash players: Replace Berserker with (Primed) Fury. Your ideal Riven Includes Attack speed + a stat that's present to replace the original mod with. Attack speed on Riven Mods affects Bladestorm!

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108