Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightmare Mode - Toggle?

Archwizard

Could we get some kind of toggle or opt-out for Nightmare Mode, maybe? Having it pop up for a day on the maps I want to farm to get XP on my low-level frames, or on bosses I have enough trouble with in standard mode *coughRaptorcough*, is rather... problematic. I know it gives better rewards, but sometimes you don't want the added difficulty, especially in light of the new update increasing the levels of most missions.

I am hoping that increasing the enemy levels on standard missions is a bug and they are only supposed to be that level in Nightmare Mode. I have no problem with them now, because I have good enough mods, but not long ago I would have. So, I would guess newer players will have a problem with them, although maybe it is intentional to make getting through the game longer.

In any case, +1 on an opt out. I can't believe they didn't have an opt out already.

Edited by liavalenth

Indeed, this also happens when you want to bring new player into the game and try to help them. If someone who has already cleared the content once in said planet wants to join in with friend, he is bound to bring 2-3 nightmares with him in any system, in fact last night while helping one newcomer, we ended up having the very first mission on NM (and also the Stalker spitting Thesis on our asses, but that's just my own fault for killing bosses). So we were nightmaring as my friend's very first mission with her having Unranked everything, and I with very low level Nova and guns... suffice to say it was a bit of a bummer to have to steam through said mission.

I will say, Nightmare Mode is relatively entertaining, but to drop in on it on accident with no warning was kind of a shock. I was using Mag with only Redirection (Other mods, but nothing else defensive) and got hit with vampirism. it kind of sucked for me, needless to say. : | 

Also, are Phorid's daggers supposed to insta-kill you? Because if so, that's pretty cheap. 

Edited by Drakontis

Nightmare mode does need to be made optional. It should be something similar to an alert so that high level players are all funneled into the same missions so that they get to play with each other instead of going around ruining the fun for lower level players.

So, unless you're using Rhino/have max vitality, it's an Insta-drop. Well, that's lovely. And you can't dodge or block them, either, or outrun them for that matter. 

People have being dodging the projectiles for months by sliding near boxes and the what not. 

And ironically the easiest way to kill Phorid is to melee his &#!.

In any case, the bolts seems to both ignore shields and armor, Rhino has beefy shields but his HP is only 300, which is the same as Excalibur. So even a max vitality mod is still an instant drop for him.

However Ash might survive, but again the best strat against Phorid is get behind him, chill him then melee him to death.

Edited by fatpig84

People have being dodging the projectiles for months by sliding near boxes and the what not. 

And ironically the know what's the easiest way to kill Phorid is to melee his &#!.

In any case, the bolts seems to both ignore shields and armor, Rhino has beefy shields but his HP is only 300, which is the same as Excalibur. So even a max vitality mod is still an instant drop for him.

However Ash might survive, but again the best strat against Phorid is get behind him, chill him then melee him to death.

I've been dodging around the boxes and they seem to scan around them pretty easily. And this is when he first spawns, so I have little to no time to get in melee range. It's more aggravating than anything else and has only been a real issue the last few days. Not sure why. I don't know if they improved the tracking or what, but oh well, I'll adapt, hopefully. Again, no idea why this has suddenly become an issue for me. 

Nightmare mode does need to be made optional. It should be something similar to an alert so that high level players are all funneled into the same missions so that they get to play with each other instead of going around ruining the fun for lower level players.

That is exactly the suggestion. Make it an option and not mandatory so its "Toggle" able.

And I personaly saw this on Mercury the first time I came online. The very first three missions WERE nightmare difficulty. Starting whit Terminus the very first mission you can play. A tutorial mission on nightmare difficulty on mandatory level.

That is outright ridicules and extremly unfair.

I do agree whit evryone els here on a simple option whit many methods to do it to make it possible to NOT go on Nightmare more or provide a warning to the players that this IS nightmare mode and it IS going to be HARDER then normal mission by far.