Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee weapons for index

Epicrhapsody

Question

I've been trying some melee weapons for High Risk but they don't seem to work that well over lvl 130.

I've seen people playing with the Ohma and Nikana Prime, but I can't find a good build for the Index. I've been also using Heliocor and Galatine Prime. Any other ideas?

17 answers to this question

All melee weapons lose any of their build after level 100. Even status and crit melee weapons become almost useless.

But even then when ever I go to high risk index I use equinox and daggers. Covert Lethal mod is still the best mod for killing any of the guys you can use finishers on. But not the robotics those are immune to all finishers except the moa one. Other than that I think the fragor has a good rag doll effect for ground finishers or use some of the melee stances that have a finisher opening like nikana or crimson dervish ( i think ) one handed swords stance.

I am sry but i have no builds for anything above lev 100+.

34 minutes ago, ShadowStalker said:

aye! la mia build è lo stesso: P tranne iam utilizzando body count coz incubo RNG solito mi danno il contatto alla deriva 

It's very hard to find it, i know. Now i use Spoiled strike instead of Buzz Kill to increase the slash proc damage.

Sorry for my bad English. :P @ShadowStalker

Edited by Lele.

I found Prisma Dual Cleaver built for pure physical Bleed to be pretty effective.  I took them to lvl 300 Solo.

They have momentum which prevents you from getting CC'd and they auto stagger with every attack which prevents the target from fighting back.  In addition the Swirling Tiger combo will knock them down for ground finishers, in which dual swords have the meanest ground finisher next to Hysteria's (1600% damage with a high chance to bleed proc).

A pure physical Galantine Prime or Atterax are also effective. But the one on one nature of the Index really lets those dual swords shine.

2 hours ago, Lele. said:

It's very hard to find it, i know. Now i use Spoiled strike instead of Buzz Kill to increase the slash proc damage.

Sorry for my bad English. :P @ShadowStalker

So i haven't done any math on this, but is there a particular reason because you use spoiled strike over organ shatter?

2 hours ago, Cimbro94 said:

So i haven't done any math on this, but is there a particular reason because you use spoiled strike over organ shatter?

Take for example a weapon that has 100 slash damage with 3x crit multiplier and 100% critical prob.
100x3 = 300. Tick damage (35%): 105. In 7 ticks: 735. (with Lasting Sting, in 14-15 ticks: 1470-1575)
Now using Spoiled Strike:
200x3 = 600. Tick damage (35%): 210. In 7 ticks: 1470.
Now using Organ Shatter:
100x5.7 = 570. Tick damage (35%): 199.5. In 7 ticks: 1396.5.

Short term does not seem to have any advantages. But we consider the mechanics of critical levels. For example, let's use Blood Rush to 2.0x combo: 430% crit. Crit lv: 5.

100x (5x (3-1) +1) = 1100. Tick Damage (35%): 385. In 7 ticks: 2695. (with Lasting Sting, in 14-15 ticks: 5390-5775)
Now using Spoiled Strike:
200x (5x (3-1) +1) = 2,200. Tick damage (35%): 770. In 7 ticks: 5390.
Now using Organ Shatter:
100x (5x (5.7-1) +1) = 2450. Tick damage (35%): 857.5. In 7 ticks: 6002.5.

In the medium term (medium and not long, due to Relentless Combination) it would be better to Organ Shatter.

I hope I did not make any calculation or English errors. : D

Edited by Lele.

You have to add other mods to see the difference between Lasting Sting and Spoiled Strike.

Lasting Sting is effectively a total damage multiplier to your bleeds where as Spoiled Strike is additive with Pressure Point and results in less damage. Granted Lasting Sting takes time to work it's magic but we're talking lvl 130+ armor anyways.

Lasting Sting

100 * (1 + 1.65 ) = 265

265 * 0.35 = 92.75

92.75 * 14.7 = 1,363.43 Bleed Damage per Proc

Spoiled Strike

100 * (1 + 1.65 + 1) = 365

365 * 0.35 = 127.75

127.75 * 7 = 894.25 Bleed Damage per Proc