Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

AK.Lex Build with Riven

genr8k

Question

I was happy to when I finally got a riven for a weapon that I like.  Now I have to find a good mod setup for it.

Here is my current AK.Lex Riven: http://imgur.com/KFJXqJs

Here is my Current AK.Lex loadout: http://imgur.com/wRV7rJ8

I was using hydraulic Crosshairs, before the Riven.  I tested it out in the simulacrum but didn't see a big difference.

should I keep or try to re-roll. It doesn't have any real negative because AK.Lex is a Hit-scan weapon. 

If I re-roll it I would try for +crit chance, +crit damage or damage, -recoil.  

would it be better to replace the 2 60% status chance for higher elemental mods, or is the 80% status better?

I used it on Sortie 3, Excavation, Secondary only.  I easily 1Ko most of the enemy.

Can I still increase damage or is it maxed out?

any thoughts or suggestions are welcome.  

11 answers to this question

I would keep your current riven, adds good damage, and addresses the Aklex's massive recoil, also the status is good because it allows for you to have a blend of crit/status on one weapon, which is a good combo. Damage wise, I think you might be pretty maxed out.

Well I'm sure there will be those with some ideas on tweaks and changes to min-max out a few more DPS but it looks pretty good as things are right now.

You've got all your Core Ak/Lex Prime mods (+base damage, multi, crit chance and damage), some would probably advocate using 90% elemental rather than the 60/60's but personally, I like the 60/60 on the Ak/lex Prime.
The damage difference isn't really all that big, as you said you're already able to 1-shot your way through the Sorties.

And Status can be really helpful, be it armor stripping Corrisve, Viral to half-Health, or Radiation shenanigans. All good. 

And since all 60/60 mods are "v" polarities you can simply and easily swap those combos around, no problem.

Although, now that I think about it, all that said, swapping one of the 60/60 to Primed Heated Charge which is a pretty potent mod.

You'd lose some status but I think it'd still be pretty good. And if you wanted to go Viral you could just put a Toxin mod there instead.

The Riven, I think the Riven is good because you're not hurt at all by the -flight speed and the -recoil is actually a really nice stat for the Aklex Prime since it has a lot of kick/blowback. So this way you can keep it on target much more easily.

So yeah, there's my thoughts.

It could maybe do a bit more damage, but also give up some versatility, and as it is right now it's doing plenty already.

Cheers!
~R~

IDK, personally, I'd take increased fire rate and multishot all the time vs "increased Critical chance while aiming for (9 seconds) upon a headshot."

Aklex shoots a little slow and the Riven helps keep it on target so shooting faster is a real benefit, and multishot is more of everything it does.

But to each their own on that one I think.

~R~

19 minutes ago, Rolunde said:

Although, now that I think about it, all that said, swapping one of the 60/60 to Primed Heated Charge which is a pretty potent mod.

You'd lose some status but I think it'd still be pretty good. And if you wanted to go Viral you could just put a Toxin mod there instead.

thank you for the Idea.  I will make some room and see how it does.  

3 minutes ago, warramssie-EGT- said:

..on that weapon with such a riven is hydraulic crosshairs better than lethal torrent ... if you are a good aimer...

Ive never had any big problems keeping the hydraulic crosshairs active. I'll trade them out and see how it works.  

This is more of a preference thing, but the way I see it, there's no point in getting an aklex prime if you plan to be aiming/sniping all the time, It's strong point compared to the regular lex prime is that you can get ridiculous guns blazing burst damage. With that said, you current riven is pretty perfect for that with the -recoil.

I have my lex prime built for sniping, with hydraulic crosshairs, and my aklex prime built for gunslinging.

Edited by rapt0rman

1 hour ago, warramssie-EGT- said:

with hydraulic crosshairs active: always crit  !!!

base 25 crit chance gives..

25 + 25 + (25*87/100) + 25 + (25*35/100) = 25+25+21.8+25+8.8 = 105.6  crit chance during aim .. the better recoil on the riven even facilitates that on keeping it up

But you're trading more damage for crit.

I will certainly not go guns blazing on a weapon that has a 3.0 reload timer

and yes I will snipe or aim and will make each shot count the most

and I certainly am not trading on the sustained damage front when Im always critting and even be a red critter once in a while which is just super sick and satisfying

3 hours ago, warramssie-EGT- said:

I will certainly not go guns blazing on a weapon that has a 3.0 reload timer

and yes I will snipe or aim and will make each shot count the most

and I certainly am not trading on the sustained damage front when Im always critting and even be a red critter once in a while which is just super sick and satisfying

Well... Ok then? I don't think anyone was trying that hard to convince you of anything. Can't speak for joshw1400, but my comment was prefaced with "this is just preference", and anyway it was directed at the OP who was the one asking for advice, not you.

Finished my max AK.Lex.  I haven't noticed difference on Hydraulic Crosshairs.  I don't know if it is because it doesn't make a difference or I don't notice it because it 1Ko almost any enemy below lvl 100.  

AK.Lex: http://imgur.com/5rCV2T7

with HC: http://imgur.com/2lhTx9P

On 4/27/2017 at 2:42 AM, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

But you're trading more damage for crit.

what is the Difference in Damage between regular and a crit hit?  Math is not one of my strong points.  

On 4/27/2017 at 1:29 AM, rapt0rman said:

I have my lex prime built for sniping, with hydraulic crosshairs, and my aklex prime built for gunslinging.

A favorite thing to do is stand near chock points on Defense type missions and unload on the enemy as they try to get through.  But I have to be careful to reload between enemy spawns/groups.  

Edited by shiro.OoKami
Fix Image Link