The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Feedback 20.3.1 and beyond

ScribbleClash

19 minutes ago, Music4Therapy said:

Getting kills on his Hallowed Ground should grant energy, very similar to Limbo and getting energy for enemies that die in the Rift.

I guess this can make him kinda Trinity EV-esque but like, there could be like, whatever enemy dies when standing on HG emits a small burst of aura energy regen, lets say maybe 5 energy per enemy death in a small/medium radius around the enemy who died. Makes him more of a team player

or would that be too OP?

7 hours ago, Elvangreen said:

Please show me volts means of energy production.

Yeah, so because Volt (WHO HAS THE LARGEST ENERGY POOL IN THE GAME AND DOESN'T SPAM HIS ABILITIES) doesn't have an energy gain mechanic, Oberon shouldn't? Thats your argument? Jeez.

EDIT:

Okay, how about this: Volt's kit is duration based and isn't heavily combo-reliant like Oberon's is. Volt uses Speed, he has buff for X amount of time. Volt uses Electric Shield, he has shield up for X amount of time. Shield needs moved? He doesn't need to recast it, he can pick it up and still continue to gain energy from Zenurik. Volt's Discharge doesn't need to be spammed.

Oberon? You want to benefit from the synergies, so you cast his Hallowed Ground, 50 energy. You then use Reckoning (100) to CC the enemies around you and strip them of armor while providing you cover so that you can cast his Renewal (25) safely on his Hallowed Ground and gain the synergy effect from that, Iron Renewal. While you are being healed, you are draining energy at a rate of 2 per second at base and 5 per second per ally. If you need to move? You don't get to move the Hallowed Ground, you recast it for another 50 energy. Etc....

Edited by Music4Therapy

Just now, Music4Therapy said:

Yeah, so because Volt (WHO HAS THE LARGEST ENERGY POOL IN THE GAME AND DOESN'T SPAM HIS ABILITIES) doesn't have an energy gain mechanic, Oberon shouldn't? Thats your argument? Jeez, I lost all faith in the Oberon rework. They are looking for ideas to improve him and all we have are a load of mouthbreathers in the community.

okay 25

Just now, Atylia said:

I guess this can make him kinda Trinity EV-esque but like, there could be like, whatever enemy dies when standing on HG emits a small burst of aura energy regen, lets say maybe 5 energy per enemy death in a small/medium radius around the enemy who died. Makes him more of a team player

or would that be too OP?

This seems like a great idea. People don't seem to understand that right now Hallowed Ground literally does nothing but a small amount of damage, a small % chance to proc a status, and status immunity. Independent of the synergies, the ability is lackluster in comparison to similar abilities. This is a great way to improve upon that ability while also solving a major issue of his.

6 minutes ago, Music4Therapy said:

Yeah, so because Volt (WHO HAS THE LARGEST ENERGY POOL IN THE GAME AND DOESN'T SPAM HIS ABILITIES) doesn't have an energy gain mechanic, Oberon shouldn't? Thats your argument? Jeez, I lost all faith in the Oberon rework. They are looking for ideas to improve him and all we have are a load of mouthbreathers in the community.

Only on his prime version does he have a larger-than-normal pool, and if oberon prime does not gain a larger pool i will be very surprised, and as for spam, in many game modes i am keeping speed up for the team, keeping 6 e-shields up, and casting frequent discharges for overshields and CC.

Also, i never said i was against your suggestion, i was just saying that there are several other frames with the same weakness.

Edited by Elvangreen

1 minute ago, Music4Therapy said:

This seems like a great idea. People don't seem to understand that right now Hallowed Ground literally does nothing but a small amount of damage, a small % chance to proc a status, and status immunity. Independent of the synergies, the ability is lackluster in comparison to similar abilities. This is a great way to improve upon that ability while also solving a major issue of his.

are u in a old build? it deal better than THAN ZENISTAR + when u cast reckoning on enemy that is on loses about 3rd of their armor, you can make any frame tanky by giving them 200 base armor and you know whats the last thing? u can cast is on interception nodes so enemies cannot retake the towers due to radiation denying them the ability to take over

lackluster my arse

3 minutes ago, Music4Therapy said:

I mean we got the ultimate healer (only) frame which is Trin but we lack a 'medium' healer who still has utility outside healing

If current Oberon had this energy pulse mechanic (and perhaps still some more minor number buffs) I'd play the fk outta him

2 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

are u in a old build? it deal better than THAN ZENISTAR + when u cast reckoning on enemy that is on loses about 3rd of their armor, you can make any frame tanky by giving them 200 base armor and you know whats the last thing? u can cast is on interception nodes so enemies cannot retake the towers due to radiation denying them the ability to take over

lackluster my arse

dude you need to chill

i chill when people stop making stupid claims about oberon

So you get agitated over a game?

Plus his point is Oberon's energy consumption. HG is the perfect ability style to incorporate some form of balanced energy regen. I'd get into how it has more potential as a balanced energy regen ability but it'll take too long to explain and I'm goin to sleep soon

Just now, Atylia said:

So you get agitated over a game?

Plus his point is Oberon's energy consumption. HG is the perfect ability style to incorporate some form of balanced energy regen. I'd get into how it has more potential as a balanced energy regen ability but it'll take too long to explain and I'm goin to sleep soon

i get annoyed by stupid people who don't want to adapt their builds upon a change

and many times rage + renewal = infinite energy and if u are afraid u might die either put in some strenght, use your guns, avoid confronting 50 bombard rockets or use quick thinking

rest of us adapted WHY CANNOT YOU

Just now, Hemmo67 said:

i get annoyed by stupid people who don't want to adapt their builds upon a change

and many times rage + renewal = infinite energy and if u are afraid u might die either put in some strenght, use your guns, avoid confronting 50 bombard rockets or use quick thinking

Why are you so against the idea of Oberon having energy regen? 

12 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

lackluster my arse

200 base armor means NOTHING in late game scenarios, and is NOTHING compared to the 75% DR Trinity gives the whole team and they don't have to stand on a stupid carpet to benefit from it, either.

Also, the 200 base armor isn't part of Hallowed Ground, its part of his 3rd ability, Renewal. Hallowed Ground right now does almost nothing on its own. Oberon has an energy problem. Hallowed Ground is nothing but a synergy pad. Why not fix that by giving his Hallowed Ground a means of returned energy to the player?

5 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

I literally just solo'd 70+ minutes in Mot w/o the use of a focus school as Oberon. This is coming from an endless survival perspective where getting hit once = u dead.

Rage+ Renewal = 1 shot dead in late game scenarios. Rage doesn't work if you die in 1 hit. Your idea is flawed and only works on the star chart. Quit defending whats broken, DE is still working on changes as we speak and is going to continue buffing Oberon until the Prime release.

Edited by Music4Therapy

i am only saying this one more time with the hope it sinks into your skull

this game has a mod called RAGE bloody use it just like you use it on other frames

You're not addressing any of his points...you completely ignored what he said..
Did you even read what he said? I have a feeling you saw the first couple of words, figured it was an argument and just made the point you already made ages ago with complete disregard of what he said..

Edited by Atylia

I was unsure of whether to submit this as feedback or as a bug report, but it definitely doesn't seem intended. Posted here though so that unsuspecting victims don't accidentally anger their pets while trying out the rework. 

At the moment, Oberon's new passive grants an instant revive to your pet the first time they reach 0 health in a mission. This sounds great. 

In practice, it prevents you from manually resurrecting your kubrow during the bleedout timer and counts as a "death" for the purposes of loyalty decay, leading to a lot of unhappy puppers and quickly plunging your loyalty numbers into the negatives. 

Again, not sure if this is intended or not, but perhaps it would be worthwhile considering only applying the passive resurrect after the bleedout timer ticks to zero, or making it so that the instant resurrect doesn't count against loyalty? 

Edited by PhoenixXV
Clarification for posting here and not to bugs

Rage on a squishy frame where his heal has energy drain over time? Hell no. If half of his abilities were duration ones like Hallowed Ground, he wouldn't have all that much energy issues, but you spam 1 and 4, 3 has drain, and 2 is the only duration one. It's energy hell. Would be nice to have some way to counteract it without resorting to pizzas all the time or using a suicidal build.

Just now, AzoreanEve said:

Rage on a squishy frame where his heal has energy drain over time? Hell no. If half of his abilities were duration ones like Hallowed Ground, he wouldn't have all that much energy issues, but you spam 1 and 4, 3 has drain, and 2 is the only duration one. It's energy hell. Would be nice to have some way to counteract it without resorting to pizzas all the time or using a suicidal build.

^ this guy gets it

1 minute ago, AzoreanEve said:

Of course the Limbo player would understand lol. I agree with you fullheartedly man, idk where the hell these other people are coming from but they've clearly never played Oberon in anything aside from the starchart if at all.