The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fine tuning, a new mod system.

Fallen_Echo

Darvo: Tenno i know what you think but trust me this stuff is not stolen from Alad V. We made a great agreement and now i sell hus technology! If you are interested come to my shop at the relay i show what i talk about!

Let me introduce the fine tune system!

An advanced technology made from ancient orokin ideas and corpus engineering!

Now enough of the marketing talk lets jump to my suggestion.

The fine tune system does what its name, it makes you be able to furthermore modify your skills to fit your needs.

Each slot is buyable at Darvo. Bp's for creds and finished slots for plats.

Now to the interesting part, each warframe can use 1 fine tune slots for each of their skills.

When you finish modifying your frame (Rank 30 frame) you can apply one slot to it to gain additional bonuses.

Lets use for example Nova's first skill the Null star.

Without modifying it, it deals 200 damage, has 6 orbs and targets enemies up to max 12m.

If you go for the max duration build the range decreases to 4 meters while you have 16 orbs with 200 damage.

Now with this system you can add one more mod just to that skill to further specialize it or to offset the negatives from your overall build.

With Null star this would mean you could add in a simple Stretch mod to offset the decreased range or add in a Blind Rage to grant more damage at the cost of the decreased efficiency.

What do you think?

12 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

What do you think?

So let me get this strait.  You want to add at max four additional slots to all warframes, but each slot only effects one ability.  As a corollary I also assume you could not put things like vitality and rush in these slots since they are meant to augment abilities only.

It's not a bad idea since most frames tend to be built to use only a couple abilities anyway, and the flexibility might make lesser used powers more relevant.

However, I have some questions.  A number of my frames already have 6 or 7 slots polarized and the game just does not give enough mod capacity for 4 extra slots.

Also DE has just flat out said no to a single augment slot for frames.  How are these four slots different?

This as you have laid it out would advance the power creep significantly in a game already struggling with scaling.

A better idea I think would be to allow individual configurations for each ability.  Mods like vitality and rush that do not affect abilities would just lockout the slot for all abilities.  However abilities each have their own configurations and can use any non locked slots for individual customization.  This means you can apply blind rage to one ability but not the rest.  I think this would fit better and not advance power creep since you are still limited by the 10 mod capacity.

You're literally wanting to add in the old mod system though. Previous to the current mod system we had, you had to mod in your abilities. Albeit this isn't exactly that but it's similar considering that you just add extra/better effects to your abilities. They switched out of that mod system for a reason. Let's not go back.

Just now, _Kekka_ said:

You're literally wanting to add in the old mod system though. Previous to the current mod system we had, you had to mod in your abilities. Albeit this isn't exactly that but it's similar considering that you just add extra/better effects to your abilities. They switched out of that mod system for a reason. Let's not go back.

Im not that old player, i just though adding in a buyable slot just for one skill would add in some extra to our powers.

Just now, Fallen_Echo said:

Im not that old player, i just though adding in a buyable slot just for one skill would add in some extra to our powers.

Unneeded though. It's just adding a power creep. As this man said:

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Final_Dragon01 said:

Also DE has just flat out said no to a single augment slot for frames.  How are these four slots different?

If they said no to an augment slot, why would they add in four that make your abilities better. You can mod according to what you want right now.

22 minutes ago, _Kekka_ said:

If they said no to an augment slot, why would they add in four that make your abilities better. You can mod according to what you want right now.

I feel like DE has denied dedicated augment slots because that would essentially make augments an objectively better (and therefore, "Required") modding option, which goes against the intended purpose of augments: Giving players the OPTION to enhance on of their powers at the cost of a mod slot and modpoints.

So I don't think DE will be as against this idea as they are against dedicated augment slots.

32 minutes ago, _Kekka_ said:

And I'd say it's a similar case with this, too.

They took out the Old "Mod in your abilities" system almost solely because people were just modding for 1 super-ability, rather than using their whole kit.

With this proposed system, all we need to do is make sure each power can only have 1 additional slot enhancing it, and we can avoid that issue entirely.

That said, though, it IS power-creep. Very definitively so.

I like the idea of limiting the upsides and downsides of a corrupted mod to just one ability, (Allowing me to, say, have a Narrow-minded Hysteria, but still have a high-range Warcry).

So I'll personally be brainstorming about this concept, thinking of a better way to implement that particular aspect.

But in this current form, the concept simply doesn't do much more than let us be stronger than we already are.

1 hour ago, _Kekka_ said:

Unneeded though. It's just adding a power creep. As this man said:

I'm still a little bummed about that, because I would like a slot to put in Augments without having to lose that extra stat. :sad:

But yes, the point holds. There's no need for this, because the current system is fairly ok.