Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are there any tricks to beat a LvL 120 Infested Juggernaught

Luther848

Question

In case you don't know there is a Design Council Challenge mission that is basically a lvl 120 Defense with a Jugger at the end of all the waves. I don't know how you can beat him with melee especially considering that even my Chroma can only take like 3 hits before dying. I don't want to call bull but it seems unbeatable with melee only.

Edit:

He killed me while I was invisible and he was facing a different direction.

Edited by Luther848

I found Limbo to be a great support frame. During the Defense I could lock down enemies and protect the pod with Cata/Stasis (the latter of which doesn't affect the jugg sadly), and when the jugg finally came I was able to use the rift to have invincibility while reviving which was amazing. As others mentioned though, the Operator was handy for attacking because if I died I'd teleport back to my Limbo which was in the rift. It was impossible for me to die essentially.

Edited by Scylax

9 hours ago, Cyriann said:

Wait for it to expose its belly. 

Or use Nidus 1, it stabs it in the belly very consistently. 

Or combine corrosive and viral damage to poison 

Slow Nova, operator mod, +vulkyr

Dead in less than 30 sec

Edited by (XB1)Oussii

10 hours ago, Luther848 said:

It's at the end of the Defense so there are no other enemies and it has armor so it doesn't take much damage. 

How does operator mode help?

okay u might need a kavat but just use the beam for constant stream of 100 dmg

13 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

okay u might need a kavat but just use the beam for constant stream of 100 dmg

Think operator ignores all resistances. The Juggernaut has an absurd amount of armor, so dealing flat amounts of damage is useful. Running Shattering Impact on your melee can also help.

2 minutes ago, Magnar21 said:

Think operator ignores all resistances. The Juggernaut has an absurd amount of armor, so dealing flat amounts of damage is useful. Running Shattering Impact on your melee can also help.

or smite and he loses a truckload of his health

That's kinda how it went with ours as well. Now, a few bosses act strangely when status effects come into play, namely Vay Hek's fight. I once stacked slash procs with my Tigris Prime during a sortie, and after a few rounds, he went to the second location. I start heading there with this limbo who just showed up, and seemed determined to banish me during the boss fight, only to hear the voice line indicated he moved on again. Thought it was strange, and kept moving, only to have him phase the third time without anyone dealing damage beyond the first phase.

Theory: When Vay Hek moves on, I suspect that his state is paused inbetween phases. That's why slash procs stacked and killed him while he was not active. Perhaps your group ended up stacking enough slash procs during the Juggernaught's vulnerable phases that he melted once you got him low enough.

To think of it another way, Slash status builds (like my Weeping Wounds Atterax) end up doing a tiny portion of their potential damage in that short vulnerable period. The slash proc doesn't fade off, and gets "paused" until he's vulnerable again (to avoid wasting player damage), then gets unpaused when he's vulnerable again.This repeats until he gets melted at low health. Either that, or he spontaneously combusts when he reaches 10% hp.

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)D34thst41ker said:

I finally managed to beat it, though I couldn't tell you how. One minute it's kicking our rears and has taken almost no damage, the next it basically falls over dead. Team was 1 Banshee and 2 Valkyr. No idea what happened.

Did someone have a Kavat?

Because Sharpened Claws can 100% strip armor

So if the Kavat hit it with an armor strip and then Banshee hit it with Sonar that'd be a game changer right there.

I'm curious if a high power strength Sonic Fracture augmented Banshee could one-shot strip that armor too?

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)D34thst41ker said:

I finally managed to beat it, though I couldn't tell you how. One minute it's kicking our rears and has taken almost no damage, the next it basically falls over dead. Team was 1 Banshee and 2 Valkyr. No idea what happened.

Any Taxons? Banshee's Sonar (a few stacks) combined with Molecular Conversion can down the Juggy Wuggy in a single shot. I tried it myself after failing this alert over twenty times, and it was balefully anticlimactic to see the hulking beast crumple and die when I walked up to his face.

Edit: Alternatively, maybe the Valkyrs got the weakspots? I'm not too sure how that fares (if it even works), but it's a possibility.

Edited by Ollnozz

15 hours ago, SeaUrchins said:

Sonar and oneshot.

Hide contents

Also, I just noticed this. A job well done, sir. Weapons like the Sarpa can definitely shred the Juggernaut to pieces when combined with Sonar, but I'm also curious as to how Taxon does it in one hit, even without aiming at the usual weakspots such as the belly or spine; mine just blasted the fat bug in the face. Not sure if it's meant to be that way :P

3 minutes ago, Ollnozz said:

Not sure if it's meant to be that way :P

It has something to do with companions, I had experience with Huras downing Behemoth in a single attack, which was not directed at any of the weak spots and was not supposed to deal any damage, see yourself:

Spoiler

Just now, SeaUrchins said:

It has something to do with companions, I had experience with Huras downing Behemoth in a single attack, which was not directed at any of the weak spots and was not supposed to deal any damage, see yourself:

Reveal hidden contents

Amazing! That's a juicy little piece of info to keep in mind!

3 hours ago, SeaUrchins said:

Hide contents

LOL, the Kubrow established dominance on the Juggy, haha

Don't tell DE... ;-)

If you find yourself not dealing any damage to jugg, even when his weak points are visible, he's probably bugged to be invincible (seems to be a hitbox issue). Had multiple runs with different frames (albeit solo) and tried various "cheesing". People were saying Nidus could simply attack jugg's glowing underbelly with his 1, but alas I had the amazing luck of getting an invincible jugg every single time I tried the alert. For the record, I've tried Limbo (cause I wasn't expecting a jugg), Nidus several times, Valkyr twice. Every. Single. Time. Invulnerable. Granted, I haven't tried Oberon, Mesa, or the redeemer, because I wanted to beat jugg hands on. Only won with Valkyr during my last run because the hitbox rarely connected properly when jugg's belly was exposed.

So rather than actually trying to fight it properly without extra cheese, by all means go for the most cheese possible. But if you decide for a more physical and up close combat style and notice you're doing only zeroes even when directly assaulting his glowing weak spots, abort and try again if you really want to. And hopefully you won't meet another bugged jugg.

Oh, and I also got air combo'd by lightning somehow with back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back lightning. Died several times. So, uh, yeah, mind your head and mind your luck.