Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank 14 Test (Too easy)

Turtlemancer

I am sure to tick some people off with this but the Mastery rank tests had been getting progressively more challenging every-time I went up a rank, and I was starting to look forward to them. But Mastery Rank 14 is incredibly boring and easy. Can we get a more interesting Mastery Rank 14 Test whene you have time?

Its just that the few leading up to it had been really fun, and I get to this boring abomination and I just want to cry T_T but yeah your probably right.

I knew I was gonna get this response, I know its a petty complaint. I guess they where stating to remind me of the tests we had to take to go up a belt in Taekwondo. I was starting to look foreword to the challenge and thought they would keep getting harder.

Edited by Turtlemancer

4 minutes ago, Turtlemancer said:

Its just that the few leading up to it had been really fun, and I get to this boring abomination and I just want to cry T_T but yeah your probably right.

I knew I was gonna get this response, I know its a petty complaint. I guess they where stating to remind me of the tests we had to take to go up a belt in Taekwondo. I was starting to look foreword to the challenge and thought they would keep getting harder.

Naw I don't think it's a petty complaint, since it is very much true. However, I doubt that DE will do anything about it. I would also like harder tests personally, especially for the higher levels. I'm MR 21 and I've breezed through most tests easily. There are a couple here and there that need some practice, but for the most part they're very simple. 

12 hours ago, Turtlemancer said:

I am sure to tick some people off with this but the Mastery rank tests had been getting progressively more challenging every-time I went up a rank, and I was starting to look forward to them. But Mastery Rank 14 is incredibly boring and easy. Can we get a more interesting Mastery Rank 14 Test whene you have time?

lol.

They are far from being "progressively more challenging". The difficulties are totally random, because game designers have no idea how to create a progressive difficulty. If you seek a progressive difficulty, you should look at other games.

So there's the MR 5, aka "learn how to craft Cypher test". I mean, I guess I'd be able to do it now (... is there anyone re-doing old mastery tests regularly? Anyone saying "mastery tests are fun, so I re-do those once a weak" ? No, because those tests are unfun), but when I was a MR 4 beginner? lol no. The funniest part of the test: intruder mod doesn't help because of the time limit. In other words: cheating the test and reducing it to "press Y 6 times" works, but trying to mod your frame for the job doesn't. This makes this MR test harder than sortie hacking when trying to do it without cyphers. I don't think it's possible to create anything more stupid than "requiring beginners to be better than end-game players at some aspect of the game", and obviously this throw any notion of "progressive difficulty" out of the window.

After that, you have mostly "reasonable" tests for a while. I still don't understand why some test don't allow 3 retry and what game designer though it could be a good idea in any universe, but the tests are doable.

Then, there's the MR 11 test. Again, far harder than any vault in the game for some reason, without retry for some reason. I guess some game designer at DE has an hard-on on creating stupidly difficult stuff with hard time limit (see also: archwing rush mission. Easily doable with a level 30 Amesha/Iztal, except the mission is level 20 and you only have access to odonata aka garbage skyframe - and probably no hyperion thrusher - when the mission becomes accessible: I'm not even sure it is technically possible to success. Have someone tried a tool-assisted rush ?) and no retry. And since the goal is to do something stupid without any relation with the rest of the game (instead of "trying to get the right tool for the job"), you have no access to your warframe abilities (did someone try with nova's wormhole ? I guess someone though "oh no, people will try to do parkour in the test like they do parkour in the game, we can't allow that", even if it and doesn't make any sense).

After that, there are normal MR tests, and even tests doable by MR 0 players. I don't know why.

And then there's MR 17 test. I can't finish it. I was able to finish every level of some game like Super Meat Boy (including dark levels) with max ranking, but I can't finish this test. Maybe I'm not good enough at video games. Or maybe this MR test is sh$t with sh$t flavor and sh$t coulis designed by some person with brain damages. I don't know. There are videos about this test, except players don't seems to be playing the same game as me (they have like 1/3 more time, or all orbs are appearing next to them, or they appear without any latency...).

There isn't any "progressive difficulty" at any point in the MR system. There's just random difficulty, sometime stupidly high, sometime stupidly low. All-in-all, stupidly low difficulty is far more desirable than stupidly high difficulty ("harder than the hardest stuff in the rest of the game" is a plain stupid difficulty, while "easy" is the normal difficulty of most of the game - and tit goes down to "stupidly easy" when you're using the right tool). You shouldn't ask for an increase of difficulty, since the designers are capable of setting it to "stupidly high"; you shouldn't, especially when you've already done the test and your request is actually to prevent new player to make it (I guess this is exactly what has happened with MR 17 test, this would explain the videos).

Spoiler

And the worst part of those tests : the hardest tests are of the kind "very tight time limit for no reason, and no retry for some reason". It means when you're training at the sanctuary, you play 30 seconds after 30 second of loading + Lotus saying some S#&$ you've already heard 20 times and before 30 second of loading + going back to the test (and not counting every times you make a small adjustment). I guess someone at DE think waiting time is fun. I guess there is one and only one person in the world saying "the best part of this game are the loading screen", and unfortunately he's working as game designer at DE. This make training unpractical, except for people with a lot of time to waste. "You can train for MR" literally means "instead of doing something fun and, ya know, play, you should spend 40+ minutes waiting and 20- minutes training", it is an advice as good as spitting on people's faces.

Maybe I'd be able to pass MR17 with an acceptable training system. Right now, I don't have time to waste waiting: I already have my job and tax form and other stuff, when I'm playing a game I want to be playing.

Edited by mplokijuhygtfrdeszqa

Yeah, it's all over the place. As mentioned, for instance, MR 11 was far harder than any of the tests that came after it (at least up to 16; I'm not yet qualified for 17). I guess you could explain that as being the "gatekeeper test" to advance beyond rank 10, but it's kinda silly how easy 12-16 are compared to it.