The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Reduced fps after update 20.4.0

jikwisdom

Hi, I booted my game after the update only to find my Fps drop from 70-80fps to 30fps and below, i had not made any changes so far. and i thought proceeded to make my regular changes since it all resets after every update for me, i.e turning off motion blur, turning on player list, changing the ui size to legacy, removing profanity filter, changing window to full screen border less and then turning off chat time stamps, it didn't change, decided to reboot it with all my current settings and nothing changed, I dont know whats wrong but its annoying to play the game this way, any help or fix possible?

Same Here. 

I use v-sync, so I never really go above 60, however when I'm in my orbiter, it keeps stuttering between 70-80fps, but any missions or in the relay, I'm seeing dips into the 15's. Before, I would rarely ever drop below 30, even after 45+ minutes of infested survival, and that's only when there's a whole bunch of physx stuff going on, but now as soon as a few character models spawn in, I'm getting massive fps drops and a lot of stuttering, even on minimum graphics, I'm still seeing dips into the low 20's

Tested other games and everything is running normally. Processor and Video Card are AMD fx-8350 and an Nvidia GTX 760 respectively if that helps.

13 hours ago, jikwisdom said:

Hi, I booted my game after the update only to find my Fps drop from 70-80fps to 30fps and below, i had not made any changes so far. and i thought proceeded to make my regular changes since it all resets after every update for me, i.e turning off motion blur, turning on player list, changing the ui size to legacy, removing profanity filter, changing window to full screen border less and then turning off chat time stamps, it didn't change, decided to reboot it with all my current settings and nothing changed, I dont know whats wrong but its annoying to play the game this way, any help or fix possible?

This sounds like v-sync might be dragging you down to the 30s and below. Can you try disabling v-sync in Warframe's display settings and let us know if you see an improvement? Or do you still see 30FPS / lower?

4 hours ago, your_local_emo said:

Same Here. 

I use v-sync, so I never really go above 60, however when I'm in my orbiter, it keeps stuttering between 70-80fps, but any missions or in the relay, I'm seeing dips into the 15's. Before, I would rarely ever drop below 30, even after 45+ minutes of infested survival, and that's only when there's a whole bunch of physx stuff going on, but now as soon as a few character models spawn in, I'm getting massive fps drops and a lot of stuttering, even on minimum graphics, I'm still seeing dips into the low 20's

Tested other games and everything is running normally. Processor and Video Card are AMD fx-8350 and an Nvidia GTX 760 respectively if that helps.

Is there any chance you could send us a support ticket with your EE.log after you have had these performance drops occur?

If possible, it would also be helpful if you type something in chat during the worst cases. So for example, if the game drops to 15fps then just type "15fps" in chat, close the game, and then send us a copy of your EE.log. This way we might be able to track down the cause more accurately. 

Thanks!

15 hours ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

Is there any chance you could send us a support ticket with your EE.log after you have had these performance drops occur?

If possible, it would also be helpful if you type something in chat during the worst cases. So for example, if the game drops to 15fps then just type "15fps" in chat, close the game, and then send us a copy of your EE.log. This way we might be able to track down the cause more accurately. 

Thanks!

Thanks for the quick reply! 

I will do that whenever I get the chance to play again (hopefully later today sometime) barring it's not fixed already, lol