Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A question about burst rifle status chance

Jackviator

Question

I recently heard somewhere that Status chance on Burst-type rifles (Paracyst, Hema, etc) works basically the same as Status chance on Shotguns, aka unless you're at 100%, the % value in the Arsenal refers to the chance of at least one pellet/bullet in a burst proccing a status effect, not the chance per bullet.

So what I'm wondering is, is this true? I'm asking because I recently acquired a Hema Riven and want to know, if I manage to get +Status and am able to get to 100% status in the Arsenal, if it will have the same effect in proccing-potency of going from 99 to 100% chance on shotguns; that is to say, triple its effectiveness in the proc department (going from one bullet having a status effect, to all 3 bullets having a status effect).

Edited by Jackviator

3 answers to this question

The status chance the UI shows you the status % per BULLET. If you go to warframe builder it shows you the average status chance per BURST. In conclusion, it works just like a normal assault rifle. You don't need to mod hema for 100% status. 70%~ is pretty much already good enough to constantly proc.

I believe it gives you the status chance per trigger pull, which i think shotguns work similarly where total status chance is displayed and its split between pellets/bullets. The wiki most likely goes over how status chance works for multi shot.

Edited by (XB1)chickenfajita21
Typo

^ Yes, status chance is per "shot".  Shotguns work strangely because they have a very high projectile count per shot and the game is showing you "chance of at least one status across all of these projectiles"  which is not the same thing as chance of any single projectile applying status.  Burst fire weapons on the other hand work sensibly because they have normal shots with normal (1) base projectile count, and just repeat a few times.