The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steam and Non-Steam Account

kyori

Question

Just want to find out, I'm playing from a non-steam Warframe but currently now at a LAN shop which has steam Warframe. I've logged into my steam account but I'm wondering can I play Warframe with my steam account since I don't play it through steam at home. 

Will I still be able to access my non-steam Warframe if I now log into Warframe using my steam account? Are they same?

8 answers to this question

In case you haven't noticed, but logging into Warframe requires a separate account, be it the same email you used on Steam regardless of that fact.

Meaning, your account info is stored by DE and not be Steam. So log in with whichever you find preferable.

6 minutes ago, kyori said:

Will I still be able to access my non-steam Warframe if I now log into Warframe using my steam account? Are they same?

Yes.

Steam login is seperate to warframe login, it is a extra step before launching the game.

You will be able to log into your existing Warframe account on a computer that has Warframe installed through Steam.  You will also then be able to purchase Tennogen items through Steam and once purchased you'll be able to use them at home even if you don't log in through Steam.

2 hours ago, Katinka said:

You will also then be able to purchase Tennogen items through Steam and once purchased you'll be able to use them at home even if you don't log in through Steam.

Thanks. About that, I heard if want to use steam to buy Tennogen stuffs then will need to install a separate Warframe from steam? So meaning I will have 2 Warframe (GB data) in my pc?

2 hours ago, kyori said:

Thanks. About that, I heard if want to use steam to buy Tennogen stuffs then will need to install a separate Warframe from steam? So meaning I will have 2 Warframe (GB data) in my pc?

To start Warframe through Steam you will need it installed in part of the Steam directory on your computer.  I've not tried it myself but I remember seeing some threads a long time ago about being able to copy/paste all the Warframe files temporarily into the correct location to run through Steam until you buy the stuff, then delete the Steam version and run the non-Steam version as normal.  Once you've bought the items you don't need the Steam version anymore as ownership is saved by DE on their servers.

15 minutes ago, Katinka said:

To start Warframe through Steam you will need it installed in part of the Steam directory on your computer.  I've not tried it myself but I remember seeing some threads a long time ago about being able to copy/paste all the Warframe files temporarily into the correct location to run through Steam until you buy the stuff, then delete the Steam version and run the non-Steam version as normal.  Once you've bought the items you don't need the Steam version anymore as ownership is saved by DE on their servers.

Ah I see. As I was playing warframe through steam earlier in the lan shop, it did asked me if I want to link to the steam economy or something.... So if I link that, will it affect the warframe I have at home? As if I will not be able to access at home anymore etc

You will still be able to access from home without Steam.  Connecting to Steam economy allows you to buy the Steam skins (Rubedo and Phased, old Steam event rewards) through Steam Market and have them actually work on your account.  If you buy them without linking your Warframe account then there would be no way for Warframe to know you'd bought them since Steam Market purchases can be made without the game running.

51 minutes ago, Katinka said:

You will still be able to access from home without Steam.  Connecting to Steam economy allows you to buy the Steam skins (Rubedo and Phased, old Steam event rewards) through Steam Market and have them actually work on your account.  If you buy them without linking your Warframe account then there would be no way for Warframe to know you'd bought them since Steam Market purchases can be made without the game running.

Thanks a lot for the explanation! Perhaps I will link it next time I go to the lan shop. Looking for to mesa cowboy hat