Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee dying - quest progression help

ImperialPhalanx

Question

Okay, so I've got a problem.  I really want to finish the Second Dreams quest so I can get Octavia, but either I'm not doing something right, or my Banshee is too squishy for the job.  It took me a ridiculously long time (and getting one-shotted over a dozen times) to beat the Jupiter-Saturn junction.  Any of you experienced Tenno got any advice on how to solve this problem?  I'm building Nyx right now, but I dont think she's any less squishy.

7 answers to this question

I'd use a more tanky frame, but if you're insistent on using Banshee, slot more survivability mods (Vitality and Redirection) on her and try to kill the Specter before it kills you (one shot in the head from a distance).  If you have the energy, you can cast Sonar to reveal Specter's weak spot and shot that spot or try to do head shots.  That'll help with your damage output.

Banshee is a really squishy frame but has insane damage output if used correctly.
you are supposed to kill them before they even have the chance to shoot because Banshee has low defence stats and no ability that can protect her.

14 hours ago, xiaodenden said:

If you have the energy, you can cast Sonar to reveal Specter's weak spot and shot that spot or try to do head shots.  That'll help with your damage output.

Add silence to the mix - it might give you a couple of seconds to confuse the specter (though I don't know if it works on specters?) - I find it super useful when you're running through tiles in a hurry and don't want to be shot (when doing the "mobile" part of a mobile defense). If it works, it may give you a second or two to fire off a couple of well-placed rounds. Sonar to tell you where to shoot, silence to give you a chance to shoot. And if you need energy, build energy restores and use them! Large team shield restores also give you over-shields for extra protection.