Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Law of Retribution Bugs (Pads and Transport)

Voltage

Hello.

1) Fomorian Transport Bug

A - Recently I noticed a bug with the last section of fomorian transport in the Law of Retribution trial. Also known as "c5" or "clear 5", this section can randomly electrify despite players being on all pads. This has resulted in 1 NM fail and a halt in 2 normal runs of mine. I am wondering if anyone has had the same problems. 

If I encounter it again, or players here have pictures or such, I will add it to OP as needed.

B - Not sure if death on pads causes this, but sometimes resetting all pad is needed because electricity does not go away as mentioned here:

2 hours ago, WingGun said:

However, I did remember having a similar problem during c2. We would have 2-3 people on both pads, but the electricity was still on the rail (before the tram crossed the section), so we would have to all get off and reset it. I think the bug happens when someone dies while on pad or jumps onto the pad. Sometimes (very rarely) with a huge speed buff from volt and jumping onto or sliding to pad causes a fail for the 8 pad room as well.

2) Security Stage Nova Portal Bug

This bug has been in the game for ages. If a player decides to portal onto a pad, it instantly fails. It is hard to explain thuroughly, so I have a video showing it. I will note as well that Wormholes only work for host and not clients as well.

Spoiler

This bug needs to be addressed as it is annoying to have happen.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

Just now, Asphyxxia said:

1 can be fixed by everyone stepping off pads and stepping back after a moment. Usually due to lag / desync. Never had random shock as I've been running raids somewhat regularly lately.

This is a work around, but it has happened to me in nightmare which is instant fail. I raid daily and it is rare but does happen.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

There are still a few old bugs that exist in LoR raids well before I even started playing such as invisible mines on the rail (invisible mines can be scanned though). Later on I might make a thread about it if I get around to it, but I'm so darn lazy. This bug mentioned from OP can be avoided by simply not using the portals; however, it doesn't make sense why the bug behaves like that and it should be encouraged to use abilities during raids in order to have faster clear times.

Yesterday, I found a bug with the phage that the tentacles turn invisible along with the Warframe during invisibility when using a cloaking ability or buff (not sure if bug or intended). It's annoying because you can't see how narrowly or widely spread the tentacles are since they are invisible. I wouldn't be surprised if this is an old bug as well.

I sometimes wonder if we have an official bug testing team because it always seems that the unpopular aspects of Warframe often get overlooked into having bugs. Raids and the weapon phage aren't really the popular aspects of Warframe. I know there's starting to be more attention to raids now because of communities and groups such as Raid School Bus, but I'm just amazed at how many things are overlooked in general in Warframe, sometimes.

I also remember reading a thread in the bug section about a raid team that instantly lost the raid during the tram part; however, they didn't know what went wrong since they had people on pads. The OP guessed it could've been a mine right behind the door when it opened while the tram was right in front of the door waiting for the hack to be completed. At the time I was skeptical and thought the OP's raid team just jumped off the pads too soon, but now I'm starting to think there was an invisible mine close to the doorway.

On 5/10/2017 at 10:49 AM, --Q--Voltage said:

1) Fomorian Transport Bug

Recently I noticed a bug with the last section of fomorian transport in the Law of Retribution trial. Also known as "c5" or "clear 5", this section can randomly electrify despite players being on all pads. This has resulted in 1 NM fail and a halt in 2 normal runs of mine. I am wondering if anyone has had the same problems. 

If I encounter it again, or players here have pictures or such, I will add it to OP as needed.

Could be an invisible mine, get your scanners out for them next time, they usually (I think, I'm no expert on this) spawn near the last two electricity sections and the very last room. However, I did remember having a similar problem during c2. We would have 2-3 people on both pads, but the electricity was still on the rail (before the tram crossed the section), so we would have to all get off and reset it. I think the bug happens when someone dies while on pad or jumps onto the pad. Sometimes (very rarely) with a huge speed buff from volt and jumping onto or sliding to pad causes a fail for the 8 pad room as well.

*Read first part of post after I posted my four paragraphs, lol. I did read the second part and watched video before posting, though.*

P.S. I raided with Buzzy before and s/he is in your clan. So Buzzy can help you with figuring out what the issue is as well.

Edited by WingGun

2 hours ago, WingGun said:

However, I did remember having a similar problem during c2. We would have 2-3 people on both pads, but the electricity was still on the rail (before the tram crossed the section), so we would have to all get off and reset it. I think the bug happens when someone dies while on pad or jumps onto the pad. Sometimes (very rarely) with a huge speed buff from volt and jumping onto or sliding to pad causes a fail for the 8 pad room as well.

I will add this to OP. I totally forgot about the pad reset thing :P. I am going to try and keep adding to this thread and hopefully it can turn out like another raid bug thread a while back which was pretty successful. Thank you for sharing your insight on these bugs :P.

After C5 'home free' on NM there are mines that can spawn behind those rectangular structures on the track.  You need to check them from both sides - they may be impossible to spot looking towards the extraction point, but quite obvious looking out into C4 and C5 room.  There are also places where the mines can spawn that are completely impossible to see; presumably the mine's object model is there, but it's embedded in another object and thus can't be seen.  When in doubt, have your Nova carpet-bomb that particular segment of track with charged antimatter drops, that'll usually get any that are hidden. Those grineer are sneaky.

On 5/17/2017 at 3:30 PM, dopey_opi said:

After C5 'home free' on NM there are mines that can spawn behind those rectangular structures on the track.  You need to check them from both sides - they may be impossible to spot looking towards the extraction point, but quite obvious looking out into C4 and C5 room.  There are also places where the mines can spawn that are completely impossible to see; presumably the mine's object model is there, but it's embedded in another object and thus can't be seen.  When in doubt, have your Nova carpet-bomb that particular segment of track with charged antimatter drops, that'll usually get any that are hidden. Those grineer are sneaky.

I have over 300 raids completed. I know exactly where mines spawn. These issues have nothing to do with mines as mines do not 1 hit the core in NM or completely stop the normal run.

11 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

I have over 300 raids completed. I know exactly where mines spawn. These issues have nothing to do with mines as mines do not 1 hit the core in NM or completely stop the normal run.

Ah, measuring our raid-muscles are we?  I have 359 LoR and LoR NM's completed.  And whether or not the mines one-hit the core themselves is irrelevant.  You're still going to have grineer firing at the core, and additional damage from a mine can still result in a core blowout if you fail to stop the grineer from shooting the core.  I've seen it happen.  I was mainly addressing WingGun's proposal that an invisible mine had caused problems, because I've ran into them as well.

Not to say that the pads oddly de-activating shouldn't be fixed.  I've observed that it seems to happen more often if a player is downed and knocked off the pad.  Also seen it happen more frequently if my kavat wanders onto the pad before I do.  These situations don't guarantee a pad glitch but they're definitely triggers I've noticed.

On 18/05/2017 at 7:30 AM, dopey_opi said:

But uh.... Mines don't even cause instant-fail.