Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Argon Crystal Decaying

Repiru

Question

7 answers to this question

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Argon_Crystal

Argon Crystals are a rare resource that drops in the Orokin Void, as a rare deposit on any planet and from certain Assassination targets. Unlike other resources, they decay after a limited period of time. After this period the resources will disappear from the user's inventory and must be reacquired if needed. 

The timer points towards Midnight UTC/GMT+0 time indefinitely. This supports its description.

Running Mot, Void for thirty minutes usually yields 10 to 20 at a time. As a result, I'm drowning in the resource being that all I've been doing is running endurance survivals the last week. 

They say it decays by the day, but I must also state that it depends when it's added to your inventory. If you get 5 Argon Crystals just before the daily timer, I don't think they go away quite so quickly. But that's an unsubstantiated half-observation -- I'm not sure if that's true or not, so take it with a grain of salt. 

Also, they only decay by half your inventory per day

50 -> 25

25 -> 12

12 -> 6 

6 -> 3 so forth. 

Edited by (PS4)theelix

11 hours ago, (PS4)theelix said:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Argon_Crystal

Argon Crystals are a rare resource that drops in the Orokin Void, as a rare deposit on any planet and from certain Assassination targets. Unlike other resources, they decay after a limited period of time. After this period the resources will disappear from the user's inventory and must be reacquired if needed. 

The timer points towards Midnight UTC/GMT+0 time indefinitely. This supports its description.

Running Mot, Void for thirty minutes usually yields 10 to 20 at a time. As a result, I'm drowning in the resource being that all I've been doing is running endurance survivals the last week. 

They say it decays by the day, but I must also state that it depends when it's added to your inventory. If you get 5 Argon Crystals just before the daily timer, I don't think they go away quite so quickly. But that's an unsubstantiated half-observation -- I'm not sure if that's true or not, so take it with a grain of salt. 

Also, they only decay by half your inventory per day

50 -> 25

25 -> 12

12 -> 6 

6 -> 3 so forth. 

So my 2 will become 1 after 24 hours of accumulation?

6 hours ago, Repiru said:

So my 2 will become 1 after 24 hours of accumulation?

I suggest you look at the wiki.  They have a good example that runs you through the process of decay.

Your 2 will become 1 on the second reset after you attain them.  Then, they will disappear entirely on the next reset.

If you had 10, then on the second reset they would become 5.  If you picked up 5 more in the meantime, then those 5 would also not add to the decaying population until they had gone through a reset.

to make it short :

today you get 10 and you dont use any.

after cross midnight, it will drop to 5.

So lets say you farm another 11 the next day.

So it will become 11 = 5 = 16

when it cross midnight = 16/2 = 8

so main lesson of the day :

1. Dont farm argon when it it is close to midnight

2. Dont farm anny excess of it, it will decay

53 minutes ago, rudman88 said:

to make it short :

today you get 10 and you dont use any.

after cross midnight, it will drop to 5.

So lets say you farm another 11 the next day.

So it will become 11 = 5 = 16

when it cross midnight = 16/2 = 8

so main lesson of the day :

1. Dont farm argon when it it is close to midnight

2. Dont farm anny excess of it, it will decay

According to the wiki, this is not accurate.

Here's the example from the wiki:

Each Argon Crystal in a Tenno's inventory is either stable or decaying at any given time; beyond this, the age of a single crystal does not matter. Each day at GMT 00:00, two things happen: first, the quantity of decaying Argon Crystals is cut in half and rounded down; second, all stable Argon Crystals shift to the decaying state. For example:

• 11 crystals are collected on Day 1. They are all stable.
  • GMT 00:00 hits, and now all 11 crystals are decaying, but the quantity remains unchanged.
  • 12 crystals are collected on Day 2. The Tenno now has 23 crystals total.
  • GMT 00:00 hits. The 11 decaying crystals decay to 5, and the 12 additional crystals are now decaying. The Tenno now has 17 crystals.
  • GMT 00:00 hits again without the attainment of any further crystals. All 17 crystals decay to 8.